ADVERTISEMENT

Amarion Nimmers

chaneccooms

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
Based on Twitter activity, it looks like there may be some mutual interest between this 2022 guard from Rock Island, IL and the Iowa staff.

Nimmers hold the single season and single game scoring records at Rock Island, which is pretty impressive when you think about the talent that’s come out of that school over the years.

Iowa saw his game against Fens in December.

Only offer I saw on his timeline was from eastern ill. Mid majors are scared of losing guys to the portal now, so I don’t know if this is a guy that the MVC schools would normally want.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/3...ers-amarion-nimmers-bobby-durkin-jonah-hinton

In the AAU season, didn’t play much for Illinois Wolves. Same team as a Jaden Schutt who Iowa was recruiting for a while. Don’t know how much Iowa would’ve seen from him there.

Also won a dunk contest in the qc area.

Only offer I saw on his timeline was from eastern ill. Mid majors are scared of losing guys to the portal now, so I don’t know if this is a guy that the MVC schools would normally want.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/3...ers-amarion-nimmers-bobby-durkin-jonah-hinton

In the AAU season, didn’t play much for Illinois Wolves. Same team as a Jaden Schutt who Iowa was recruiting for a while. Don’t know how much Iowa would’ve seen from him there.

Will he play in the AAU circuit this spring summer again, after breaking out this past winter? I honestly have no idea how AAU works

Looks pretty dang good. Don’t understand the lack of recruiting from his production unless he has major holes on the defensive side. Has high-level athleticism and a sick crossover. Reminds me of the kind of guy we’d pass over who would go to UNI and then kill us back when we were playing them every year.

Looking at his height, picture, and videos, you wonder if his listed height of 6’3” is his Fletch height where it is embellished a bit.
be7dc6b2-9af2-47e8-98d2-649efa5b6997_text.gif

As others have said, I don't get it. He looks plenty good enough to get offers from teams - here we are 4 months from the start of class and only 1 offer?

Reactions: scottty
Looks pretty dang good. Don’t understand the lack of recruiting from his production unless he has major holes on the defensive side. Has high-level athleticism and a sick crossover. Reminds me of the kind of guy we’d pass over who would go to UNI and then kill us back when we were playing them every year.

Looking at his height, picture, and videos, you wonder if his listed height of 6’3” is his Fletch height where it is embellished a bit.
be7dc6b2-9af2-47e8-98d2-649efa5b6997_text.gif
If he’s only actually 5’6 but can dunk like that, who cares!

Will he play in the AAU circuit this spring summer again, after breaking out this past winter? I honestly have no idea how AAU works

No. If he's a 22, he'd be reporting to college in early June. Sr generally don't play summer ball unless they reclass or are going to prep school.

Reactions: Lighting Hawk

Yeah, on Dec 11 Fran was there to see Cameron Fens. Nimmers set the all-time Rocky single-game scoring record with 45 points.

I agree with the others above. What gives? Not sure how grades can be an issue when these 11 schools showed interest (but NO schools ended up offering):

Princeton
Columbia
Creighton
Marquette
Iowa State
Drake
Toledo
South Dakota
UNI
North Dakota State
Belmont

Based on Twitter activity, it looks like there may be some mutual interest between this 2022 guard from Rock Island, IL and the Iowa staff.

Nimmers hold the single season and single game scoring records at Rock Island, which is pretty impressive when you think about the talent that’s come out of that school over the years.

what kind of recent Twitter activity have you seen? Can you provide the tweets? The latest "activity" I have seen is from December.

With all the transfers taking place, if we have open scholarships I'd prefer to use them if we find high upside 2022 kids rather than holding them a year. That was true with Turnbull and could be true here, although I agree quite the mystery. Usually teams would offer unless they thought there was no chance he'd qualify, for example.

Can't find season stats on him to look at shooting percentages, but watching highlights he is very quick, elevates well obviously, and likes to attack the basket and hang in the air for 1 handed shots around the backboard, sometimes coming off spin moves but usually finishing on the right side. May need to develop more left handed finishes but very good attacking with right hand finishes. Good in the open court. Really like his perimeter shot - looks pretty quick with decently high release and looks good going in.

Not sure if 6'3" as I think he was 6'0" just 1-2 years ago so maybe he's grown which would impact recruiting. I'd assume he's 6'2". A bit like Dasante Bowen in my view in terms of a PG/SG hybrid who can hit the 3 but is super quick and athletic. Bowen is more of a PG with how he approaches the game, and Niimmers more of a SG or scoring PG. But he'd be great to get on a roster if he commits to the game and especially if he ends up a true 6'3" or taller. We have just 2 PG's on the roster essentially so we'd need a PG or combo guard sooner or later.

Reactions: Jumpshot00
Video definitely shows plenty of athleticism and decent size, but maybe more like 6-2. Agree with those wondering why he hasn't been more highly recruited. I am sure Fran will have done due diligence, if they offer. With Bowen and Dix coming in 2022, I would rather get an experienced combo guard in the portal for the coming season, but with JoeT gone, another guard is a need.

Did he play AAU? Iowa has plenty of scholarships. What do they have to lose assuming he is good youngster. They could even redshirt him.

Reactions: Jonnymungo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT