ADVERTISEMENT

Amarion Nimmers

Also kind of a tricky thing to remember is that all 4 guys listed as seniors here + Ogundele would all still have their extra COVID year of eligibility remaining. So in theory, if Fran fills all of his scholarships for the '23 class you could have no spots for any '24 recruits (with the new transfer rule + Kris' NBA hopes this is unlikely).

good points.

one big jig saw puzzle

Really excited about Nimmers based on what I've seen on film. He does mostly finish right handed and prefers that finish, but his left hand dribble isn't bad. So I think it's less about his left hand dribble and more about his left hand FINISH where he has a bias. Again, off limited film.

Anyone remembering Andre Woolridge knew that he was strongly biased to one side, but you still couldn't stop him from getting where he wanted to go. Nimmers isn't that strong, but he's pretty bouncy and I like his outside shooting stroke. He often has staggered feet on the release but it almost helps him get it off quicker because he's not caught trying to square them up.

It's too bad his school is in Illinois because I can't find his season stats on varsitybound (or anywhere else) to check his FT and 3PT%. Anyone in Illinois know if that is available somewhere?
Try MaxPreps.com and do a search for him or his high school. His stats might be there.

Amarion is another piece to the puzzle that a lot of posters aren't considering. He might be that surprise off-the-bench burst of energy on both ends that helps Iowa get over the hump this year. Between him, Dasonte and Josh D, Iowa has some unknowns that could really make for a special year.

Last edited:
Amarion is another piece to the puzzle that a lot of posters aren't considering. He might be that surprise off-the-bench burst of energy on both ends that helps Iowa get over the hump this year. Between him, Davonte and Josh D, Iowa has some unknowns that could really make foe a special year.
I also believe Nimmers is gonna be hard to keep off the court. Ball security will be his key to playing time.

Dasante not Davonte.... I actually had to pause for a moment and think. Did I miss something?

Amarion is another piece to the puzzle that a lot of posters aren't considering. He might be that surprise off-the-bench burst of energy on both ends that helps Iowa get over the hump this year. Between him, Davonte and Josh D, Iowa has some unknowns that could really make foe a special year.
At some point in the season I think Hawks will need some production from Josh, Amarion, or both.

Also think at some point in the season Hawks will need to get some milage from some bigger line-ups. Riley and Josh O in there together, or more likely one of them in with Filip.

Dasonte is not an unknown. He will log major minutes and imo is the starter

Reactions: perryhawk
Try MaxPreps.com and do a search for him or his high school. His stats might be there.
Yeah I checked but unfortunately their school didn’t put full season stats. Same for Harding. Would think the HS would put stats somewhere for fans ...

Yeah I checked but unfortunately their school didn’t put full season stats. Same for Harding. Would think the HS would put stats somewhere for fans ...
Some states, like Colorado, require coaches to input stats or else their players are not eligible for post season honors. Other states obviously do not require it. Wish they did because as a fan it helps us see how well a player is doing.

Wes could really defend. Was very competitive and was a winner.

In the small amount of footage I've seen of Nimmers, it's hard to put less effort into D. Supposedly he started defending last season under a new coach. Hopefully that's true and he matures in that area.

Definitely some nice athleticism like Wes

Reactions: RocknRollface
Wes could really defend. Was very competitive and was a winner.

In the small amount of footage I've seen of Nimmers, it's hard to put less effort into D. Supposedly he started defending last season under a new coach. Hopefully that's true and he matures in that area.

Definitely some nice athleticism like Wes
Wes turned down a scholarship offer from Iowa, right?

Wes turned down a scholarship offer from Iowa, right?
We did offer, but IIRC it was late. I think Fran was also interested upon his last transfer. IMO he developed enough offense that he would have been a good player for us as an upperclassman.

I'd love to see Amarion and Dasante on the court together. Both are really athletic and mature ball players. Just watching Amarion's games, it's easy to see, he's going to be really good.

ADVERTISEMENT