ADVERTISEMENT

Amarion Nimmers

Kid plays so fast and his highlight video has me feeling the same way when I watched Jordan Canzeri’s video years ago 😳

I just can’t believe this kid didn’t receive any offers from good mid-majors. Rockford/IL is loaded with basketball talent, for him to be Mr. Illinois & have such little buzz is just crazy to me.

I get that he doesn’t have a great offhand dribble, but hell man, that can be easily developed. I fully expect him to earn a scholarship by soph/jr season.

Nice. Worst case scenario is he doesn't work out and we didn't even waste a scholarship. Best case scenario he earns a scholarship. This is win win. His tape is exciting
Thanks. I’m guessing Fran promised him a scholly after a year if he does well in school, stays out of trouble, and shows some promise on the court. With our history of guys that signed as walkons like Baer and CJ earning scholarships and contributing, he may be the next.

I just can’t believe this kid didn’t receive any offers from good mid-majors. Rockford/IL is loaded with basketball talent, for him to be Mr. Illinois & have such little buzz is just crazy to me.

I get that he doesn’t have a great offhand dribble, but hell man, that can be easily developed. I fully expect him to earn a scholarship by soph/jr season.

Rock Island not Rockford

Mr. Illinois? No such award. Mr. Basketball in Illinois is Braden Huff who is going to Gonzaga. Ty Rodgers was second who is going to Illinois. Nimmers was not in the top ten.

Not a slam. I like his game. Great athlete. Biggest weakness is outside shooting and ballhandling or else he would have had a ton of offers.

Mr. Illinois? No such award. Mr. Basketball in Illinois is Braden Huff who is going to Gonzaga. Ty Rodgers was second who is going to Illinois. Nimmers was not in the top ten.

Not a slam. I like his game. Great athlete. Biggest weakness is outside shooting and ballhandling or else he would have had a ton of offers.
Does he play DEFENSE???

Reactions: MonmouthHawk
So what gives? 0 offers. He has bounce, breaking scoring records, size, and he’s basically a local. Is it his defense? Personality or character? Late late bloomer?
I don’t know the full story, but I’ve heard a couple rumors that there are some “politics” that have kept him from getting noticed via the AAU circuit in Illinois.

Anyone else feel like the quality of kids we are getting as PWOs these days (Nimmers, Kingsbury, Laketa) are of a similar quality to the players we were getting on scholarship in an earlier era?
Good stuff.....I don't think I've ever been as interested in following the development of a walk on, as I am with Nimmers........should be very interesting.

Last edited:

“Off hand dribble”. Is that what you think it is for a guard in the Big Ten”. Both hands better be interchangeable or you won’t be playing and will be transferring back to a D3 program.

“Off hand dribble”. Is that what you think it is for a guard in the Big Ten”. Both hands better be interchangeable or you won’t be playing and will be transferring back to a D3 program.
Brockington seemed to make it work. Instead of transferring back to a d3 program he’s headed for the pros, how bout that!?

which team did he sign with?
Well since the draft hasn’t even happened yet…we’ll probably haveta take the wait and see approach. Doubtful he gets drafted, but he’ll be making $ playing ball next year. Little bit of a step up from D3

Well since the draft hasn’t even happened yet…we’ll probably haveta take the wait and see approach. Doubtful he gets drafted, but he’ll be making $ playing ball next year. Little bit of a step up from D3
yeah, that’s what I thought.

seems you are the idiot
lol so he’s supposed to sign with a team…before the draft? You must be some new kind of idiot
you seem to be the idiot…you said he is heading to the pros when there hasn’t been a draft, nor has he been offered an over seas deal. bottom line is that at the top levels there should be NO difference when going right or left.

seems you are the idiot

you seem to be the idiot…you said he is heading to the pros when there hasn’t been a draft, nor has he been offered an over seas deal. bottom line is that at the top levels there should be NO difference when going right or left.
🤣 you don’t think he collects a paycheck next year playing ball? Ok

Anyone else feel like the quality of kids we are getting as PWOs these days (Nimmers, Kingsbury, Laketa) are of a similar quality to the players we were getting on scholarship in an earlier era?
I would say that only Baer has achieved that honor. None of these other guys, as talented as they might be as practice players, have moved the needle one iota in real games. Hopefully, Nimmers will be another exception.

Seems like a nice addition. He gets to hoop at the the highest level and Iowa will have schollys if he proves to be a legit b10 guy. His family is close and will get a chance to rep the Western Big 6. I am surprised he didn't get some offers. Maybe hes under the radar like Tony Perkins and a name from my day Daryl Moore. Hope he can be a Cinderella story.

Thanks, didn’t realize that. Still, I take that as meaning he was more ready to contribute.
uh, no. Kingsbury was going to redshirt before the season began. That and he's paying in-state tuition. Laketa doesn't have that luxury.

Thanks, didn’t realize that. Still, I take that as meaning he was more ready to contribute.
I take it to mean kinsgbury thinks he can improve enough to get minutes at some point. Walk ons aren’t contributing first year regardless, and typically never do

Reactions: perryhawk
ADVERTISEMENT