ADVERTISEMENT

America Has a Role In the World

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
"America has a role in the world and if we don't do it, the jungle will grow back."

That was David Brooks on PBS Newshour tonight. He may have been paraphrasing Robert Kagan.

They were discussing Republican reluctance to get serious on Israel, Ukraine and (in a few weeks) even keeping the US government in business. Senator Tuberville blocking hundreds of military appointments prompted the comment.

Do you agree?

I’d rather just have a roll. I like bread. A little butter and maybe a gravy to dip it in a bit. I’m simple I don’t want to exert power over people.

That being said when youre at the top you have a choice of letting people be mad at you for not interfering or having people mad at you for using your influence too often. There’s not much of a middle ground because you’re going to make someone angry with nearly every choice you make. So to stay at the top you’ve got to help the correct people more times than you help the wrong ones while also staying out of certain things that don’t really matter while being goaded the whole time to join. The game doesn’t end until you fall.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
"America has a role in the world and if we don't do it, the jungle will grow back."

Read up on the jihadists hell that Hillary’s instincts unleashed from Northern Africa on sub-Saharan Africa.

Should we discuss the origin of ISIS and who gave it fertile fields and a playground?

Maybe discuss the predictable destruction that NATO expansionism brought to Ukraine?

Or ignore all the results and remind the audience that the neocons meant well, there were just circumstances that led to regrettable events.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT