ADVERTISEMENT

Americans are fat because

It's a mix, but true. I was in England and Scotland a few weeks ago and was surprised at all the fatties. Same with other areas of Europe and even China had plenty of fatties.

With that said, the US has many more.

Just got back and made a point to look. Their youth are turning more and more into the doughboys we have here that are the turning point toward adult obesity. I’d say their a generation or two away from catching us.

Once you've lost weight and get down to a healthy level where you just kind of balance out and settle into, here's a secret...you can literally eat as much as you want as long as you stay active and put in the work.

Example is my week this week so far. Monday - gym, Tuesday - driving range work, Wednesday - walked 9 Holes, approximately 3.5 miles, Thursday - gym and driving range, Tomorrow - walk 18 holes, Saturday - walk 18 holes, Sunday - rest.

Meanwhile I am drinking as much beer as I want and eating pretty much what I want but I haven't really pigged out in anything. So far this week I'm down a pound too. So there's that.

Just don't be a lazy, inactive slob. Go for a freaking walk everyday, 5 miles, if that's all you can do. You'll be surprised at the results
Be careful about Cholesterol though. It's no joke. I work out 5+ a week and my lipid showed high cholesterol. Yea have a beer if you want but add some veggies and fruits into the diet as well.

There are people who plop dead after or during RAGBRAI although they ride miles through the year....beer and chicken wings don't do the heart well.

I think we need to make fat shaming acceptable again.

That's a bad idea. Research has shown that fat shaming fat people usually just makes them more fat. That's because people who are fat often turn to food as a coping mechanism for negative feelings.

Don't get me wrong I hate this idea put out there that "fat is healthy" that is dead wrong and shouldn't be uttered by anyone serious.

But insulting people and shaming them generally doesn't help them change or improve themselves it often only makes the problem worse.

The solution often is getting them into a healthier lifestyle AND finding healthier coping mechanisms. That's of course difficult. But I can tell you that fat shaming only gives people with unhealthy coping mechanisms more reason to turn to their unhealthy coping mechanisms more.

I will criticize. Gluttony and sloth are sins, but people only want to punish sexual sin

My point is that it's never been typical of people to exercise for health reasons in all of human history.

And as far as it being a sin. . . That doesn't seem to stop anyone these days. Divorce is a sin, you see the percentages of Baptists who have had one?

Considering he has never enacted any policies, that's quiet the trick.

I don't understand why we can't just ban these trolls? I mean I am willing to listen to any ideas as long as there is some logic to them. But people who just come in and blame all of our problems on a single senator from Vermont, there isn't any freaking logic to that.

I mean that would be like during the early stages of World War 2, claiming that we were losing because of Jeannette Rankin.

Reactions: Ree4 and JRHawk2003
My point is that it's never been typical of people to exercise for health reasons in all of human history.

And as far as it being a sin. . . That doesn't seem to stop anyone these days. Divorce is a sin, you see the percentages of Baptists who have had one?

It's 80% diet, 20% exercise

I have been able to work out for a long time, it wasn't until I got my mind trained for eating that I broke through.

Reactions: nu2u
Americans are fat because we can be,.. We have jobs, homes, good food, cold beverages, transportation, free time and access to entertainment,.. All while a majority of the planet is still concentrating on where their next meal is coming from...

Reactions: nu2u
Americans are fat because we can be,.. Americans have jobs, homes, good food, cold beverages, transportation, free time and access to entertainment,.. All while most of the planet still concentrating on where their next meal is coming from...

Some of the poorest are also the fattest

Reactions: ClarindaA's

I have been able to work out for a long time, it wasn't until I got my mind trained for eating that I broke through.

I agree with you.

Unless you are a pro athlete who is constantly exercising it's pretty difficult to our exercise your appetite.

Doc says as a young boy I swallowed a lot

kenan-thompson-youre-damn-right.gif

Americans are fat because they lack self control. Also due to our society’s general lack of personal accountability. We are a nation of lazy, narcissistic, fat ass alcoholics.

I think we need to make fat shaming acceptable again.

How about instead of fat shaming, you have to place mirrors in well-trafficked areas of your house based on BMI? 10% over a normal BMI = 1 mirror. 20% over = 2 mirrors, etc.

Fat people should have to see how they look so they can see what the rest of the world sees when they come across them.

Even the poorest of our American citizens will have access to everything I listed...
U serious? So even as housing costs have spiked and inflation/greedflation has made food, especially good food, more expensive in recent years you're saying the hunger and homelessness problems in this country are just made up? Holy shit you are out of touch but coming from the guy who keeps insisting republicans will choose someone other than Trump I shouldn't be surprised. Jesus

I tend to agree. I exercise plenty but I struggle to maintain a healthy weight. I love to eat, especially the fattening stuff. Since I retired a year ago, it has been more of a struggle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT