ADVERTISEMENT

Americans "learning" toward Biden...

BlackNGoldBleeder

HR Legend
Jun 23, 2017
Hopefully this headline is corrected before most of you click on it. Regardless, it's encouraging that more Americans are distancing themselves from the Trump lunacy.

Reactions: billanole
He's been the worst president in my lifetime and were the same age.

Ronald Reagan was in his first year of his presidency when I was born, so I missed the Carter years. Prior to Trump, W was the worst in my life. Since Trump, W seems like a combination of Ike and Reagan.

Regardless of what alien boy and other mental midgets of his ilk think, Trump will be regarded by history as the worst. There is little doubt about that.

trump has been great. good on economy. got a virus panic thrown at him and he still is on top. hiden joe is hiding in the basement

Even Nixon has disdain for Trump. The president runs the economy? You need to sit down and be quite with that comment.
this is 100% the only reason anybody ever voted for trump , well that and the judges. even the health insurance debacle by obama was all about the economy.

the economy is also the reason biden will lose: he is all for taxing everyone to death and letting cities burn to the ground and letting jobs go to china.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
You don't think jobs were going to China in the 80's?
no, not like they are now and not during reagan. most people blame daddy bush and they blame the most favored nation deal and it was more about china getting to make us trinkets and doodads. and selling them to us. using their own people as slave labor. and of course clinton and so on. starting with daddy bush.

basically most of the stuff i collect {collectibles, antiques, bicycles, toys} from the 70's and 80's was hong kong in the 70's and taiwan in the 80's. china was really a 1990's deal. if you go by collectible goods.

This is why Trump will win, again.

Why do you lie about what Trump has actually done? He denigrates the military calling them losers. He has increased the size and power of the government. And his foreign policy is aimless.

trump failed? he's been the second best prez of my lifetime behind reagan

Two different styles: Reagan had the support of the American people, but no cooperation from Congress. He forced the hand of Congress by making speeches on national TV. Trump has the cooperation or rather support from the American people also, but he is lacking the ability to go national by jumping the filtration from the media and the Congressional Democrats. Twitter helps but it is not the same.

I love that he is calling foul on so much buried deep-state nonsense. ... lately all of those semi-secret make-work programs where they teach "Diversity." People have no frigging idea how that stuff has morphed into a separate industry. It is mostly paid for by government and in turn subsidized by private industry. This is simply spent money; the ROI is roughly non-existent.

A few commonly overlooked successes:

... ISIS gonzo
... high taxes sort of gonzo
... net import of foreign oil gonzo
... abusive trade policy on the part of China gonzo
... abusive criminal justice policies .... getting there

This list goes on and on of course, but both men were activists in getting government to come to heel.

Both had massively obstructionist Congresses, but at the four year mark, I would argue that Trump's accomplishments outdistance even Reagan's.

Each had a hot movie-star-style wife, that department is a push.

Each will go down as a role model for future presidents.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: naturalmwa
Two different styles: Reagan had the support of the American people, but no cooperation from Congress. He forced the hand of Congress by making speeches on national TV. Trump has the cooperation or rather support from the American people also, but he is lacking the ability to go national by jumping the filtration from the media and the Congressional Democrats. Twitter helps but it is not the same.

I love that he is calling foul on so much buried deep-state nonsense. ... lately all of those semi-secret make-work programs where they teach "Diversity." People have no frigging idea how that stuff has morphed into a separate industry.

... ISIS gonzo

This list goes on and on of course, but both men were activists in getting government to come to heel.

Both had massively obstructionist Congresses, but at the four year mark, I would argue that Trump's accomplishments outdistance even Reagan's.

Each had a hot movie-style wife, that department is a push.

Both will go down as role models for future presidents.
That's the gist of the link I provided. It's a good read.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
trump failed? he's been the second best prez of my lifetime behind reagan
tenor.gif

I love that he is calling foul on so much buried deep-state nonsense. ... lately all of those semi-secret make-work programs where they teach "Diversity." People have no frigging idea how that stuff has morphed into a separate industry. It is mostly paid for by government and in turn subsidized by private industry. This is simply spent money; the ROI is roughly non-existent.

... ISIS gonzo

Each had a hot movie-star-style wife, that department is a push.

Both will go down as role models for future presidents.
Except none of these are successes.

Obama's strategy buried ISIS, not Trump's. His tax cuts failed to create 4% growth, blew up the deficit, and mainly helped the rich. He failed in his trade war with China. We only lost footing on things like crop exports. And his divisiveness has made criminal reform worse. This is what the protests are all about.

1980 was a turning point and 2000 was a clincher. Reagan and Clinton were not far a part on economics as it relates to world trade.

Except none of these are successes.

Obama's strategy buried ISIS, not Trump's. His tax cuts failed to create 4% growth, blew up the deficit, and mainly helped the rich. He failed in his trade war with China. We only lost footing on things like crop exports. And his divisiveness has made criminal reform worse. This is what the protests are all about.

Not to mention that the US first became a net exporter of oil and natural gas in 2011. Remind me again who was President in 2011?

You can argue about whether producing more fossil fuels is a good thing, but what you CANNOT do is claim that this is an accomplishment for Trump, when it happened for the first time in 20+ years while Barack Obama was President.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT