ADVERTISEMENT

Angel Reese Appreciation Thread

So, Reese got a double technical ejection for chirping at the refs tonight. Now, I don't know what she said to draw a double technical but it must have been really awful. Otherwise, we're about to get 3 months of complaining about why Clark is allowed to chirp at refs but Reese is not. And I'm sure everyone will stay level headed and have a reasonable debate about the nuances of the discussions the players were having with the officials and no one will take anything to extremes at all.

Actually, we're going to have this debate whether we wanted to or not.

What I can say is nobody from Chicago acted like it wasn't deserved after it was properly identified who the technicals were on. Not even the coach seemed that upset, although maybe the video didn't play out long enough.

Last edited:
First tech for saying "bullshit." Second tech for waving off the ref after the call.

The waving off gesture is an automatic tech in the WNBA.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
She strikes me as a petty, narcissistic psycho
She is.

Look how quick she was to play victim when she lost in the Elite 8?

How did those "death threats" turn out? Any calls to police? Notify the university? Share these screen shots to the media or social media? *crickets*

She's awful and deserves the scorn. Acting like you can't dislike this person is ridiculous.

Everyone has to give Angel credit for her dedication to supporting WNBA charities today. If the league questioned a required “donation” after the flagrant, listening to her post game complain about “special whistles” should seal the paycheck deduction.

Reactions: HFan1981
Everyone has to give Angel credit for her dedication to supporting WNBA charities today. If the league questioned a required “donation” after the flagrant, listening to her post game complain about “special whistles” should seal the paycheck deduction.
"special whistle" ?
she doesn't think a foul should have been called?

One of the saddest things in society is how shamelessness has become super power.

Shame is an important human trait to help facilitate growth and compassion. To admit fault or wrongdoing with the understanding to do better next time.

Not anymore. Never apologize. Never take ownership.

Because doing the wrong thing gets you more clicks

"special whistle" ?
she doesn't think a foul should have been called?
I thought she was talking about the game in general when she said that, and not that specific play. Sounded like she was saying the Fever were getting all the calls and the Sky weren't getting calls. Could be wrong.

Reactions: IACub
There's a reason why this girl couldn't even get a 2.0 despite being a college athlete.

Try to process the mind of someone who doesn't think it's a foul to hit someone in the head while going up for a shot. She's the worst.
I really don’t care for her but:
How many BB players ever think they commit a foul?

• Wow
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I thought she was talking about the game in general when she said that, and not that specific play. Sounded like she was saying the Fever were getting all the calls and the Sky weren't getting calls. Could be wrong.
She was talking in general. But when you commit a foul that could easily be a flagrant 1, you shut up and don’t whine about foul calls. There are times to complain, and times to be thankful you weren’t straight ejected.

Caitlin Clark:
“I think what she’s [Reese] has done with her platform has been absolutely incredible. She has an entire fanbase that has supported her and what she did at Maryland and then LSU. Obviously, l've played her for a very long time, and she's been a tremendous player. It's been fun getting to compete against (Angel). I think it's been really good for the game. People just love seeing great matchups, but also…. they get to see how amazing these teams are. And then they find new players to support and continue to come back from them .”

Angel Reese:
"People are talking about women's basketball, who you'd never think would be talking about women's basketball. People are pulling up to games, we've got celebrities coming to games and sold-out arenas because of one single game. Just looking at that, I'll take that role. I'll take the bad guy role and I'll continue to take that on and be that for my teammates. ... I'll look back in 20 years and be like, 'The reason why we're watching women's basketball is not just because of one person. It's because of me, too.' I want y'all to realize that."

Caitlin Clark:
“I think what she’s [Reese] has done with her platform has been absolutely incredible. She has an entire fanbase that has supported her and what she did at Maryland and then LSU. Obviously, l've played her for a very long time, and she's been a tremendous player. It's been fun getting to compete against (Angel). I think it's been really good for the game. People just love seeing great matchups, but also…. they get to see how amazing these teams are. And then they find new players to support and continue to come back from them .”

Angel Reese:
"People are talking about women's basketball, who you'd never think would be talking about women's basketball. People are pulling up to games, we've got celebrities coming to games and sold-out arenas because of one single game. Just looking at that, I'll take that role. I'll take the bad guy role and I'll continue to take that on and be that for my teammates. ... I'll look back in 20 years and be like, 'The reason why we're watching women's basketball is not just because of one person. It's because of me, too.' I want y'all to realize that."
Class & trash

Can you imagine an NBA player clearing wemby by the head and then commenting about the officials in the press conference giving a special whistle?

I can't imagine it happening at all but if it did the NBA and the team would absolutely do something about it. Especially after Angel stood up and clapped at the last flagrant from the previous game. The punishment in the NBA would be severe. Huge fine and game suspension.

The wnba has a serious problem where they players and coaches have become so entitled they truly do not believe they have a boss. Zero chance this would be tolerated in any men's professional sport.

Caitlin Clark:

Angel Reese:
Humble is a word not in that girl's vocabulary.

Reactions: Gonzo Bloor
More I think about it Angel did this on purpose.

She stood up and clapped when Caitlin was assaulted in the last game and watched how social media reacted. Puts on joker shoes. Deliberately punches Caitlin in the head today pretending to go for a block. Watch the follow through. There wasn't ever a moment she was going to reach the ball and she knew it. Then afterwards makes her comments for social media.

Nike needs to make a call to the NBA head office and tell them to get their welfare league in check

More I think about it Angel did this on purpose.

She stood up and clapped when Caitlin was assaulted in the last game and watched how social media reacted. Puts on joker shoes. Deliberately punches Caitlin in the head today pretending to go for a block. Watch the follow through. There wasn't ever a moment she was going to reach the ball and she knew it. Then afterwards makes her comments for social media.

Nike needs to make a call to the NBA head office and tell them to get their welfare league in check
I completely agree.. that's why I think this should be upgraded to a Flagrant 2

CC doesn't only live rent free in AR's head she owns the place. The jealousy isn't even covered up by Angel.

But in their 4 meetings she's lost 3 out of 4. Outside of looking like an ass she was a non factor in the one she won. She at least got to be a hero of the CC haters.

A basketball play only if there was a chance in hell she was close enough to the ball to actually block it. The still photo shows there's only 3 or 4 feet separation from Angel's hand and the ball being released from Caitlins hand. ZERO intent on the block shot. 100 percent intent on delivering another cheap shot and then playing the victim again.

Don't know if Caitlin survives the whole year but the Skye has another shot at shortening it for Caitlin again next weekend. Any bets how many attempts Carter and Reese take?

She blew the crowd a kiss today after we were booing her dumb butt. She’s constantly in FAFO mode. It’s been awhile since I despised an athlete like her. Probably Bill Laimbeer.
And she did it after she made a free throw…wow, such amazing talent to be able to make a free throw.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT