ADVERTISEMENT

Anti-transgender activist Riley Gaines to speak at Reynolds fundraiser

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
A competitive swimmer who opposes the participation of transgender women in women's sports will be the special guest speaker at Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds' annual fundraiser next month.

Riley Gaines, a former member of the University of Kentucky swim team, raced Lia Thomas, a transgender swimmer from the University of Pennsylvania, in the 200-yard freestyle at the 2022 NCAA Swim Championships. Gaines and Thomas tied for fifth place.

[IMG alt="University of Kentucky Championship Swimmer and Leading Advocate for Women in Athletics Riley Gaines spoke at the 107th Annual Lincoln Day Dinner at the Kentucky State Fair.
Aug 23, 2023"]https://www.press-citizen.com/gcdn/...th=660&height=484&format=pjpg&auto=webp[/IMG]

Since then, Gaines has become an outspoken opponent of including transgender women on women's sports teams. The issue has become a flashpoint for conservatives in recent years, including Iowa lawmakers.

Iowa in 2022 banned transgender women and girls from competing in female sports offered by Iowa schools, colleges and universities.

Gov. Kim Reynolds, surrounded by female athletes, signs House File 2416 into law, prohibiting transgender women and girls from competing in female sports offered by Iowa schools, colleges and universities, on Thursday, March 3, 2022, in the rotunda of the Iowa State Capitol, in Des Moines.

Gaines will join Reynolds on Oct. 14 for the governor's Harvest Festival event in Des Moines. Gaines has been a frequent speaker at Republican events since 2022, and she has endorsed Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis for the 2024 nomination.

“Riley is fighting on the front lines of the most important women's issue of our time,” Reynolds said in a news release. “She is not afraid to stand up for common sense and declare that biological men do not belong in women's sports."

Penn Quakers swimmer Lia Thomas stands between Stanford Cardinal swimmer Lillie Nordmann Kentucky Wildcats swimmer Riley Gaines after finishing fifth in the 200 free at the NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships at Georgia Tech on March 18, 2022 in Atlanta.

Iowa's Republican leaders continued to focus on gender identity in 2023, passing laws to prohibit Iowa doctors from providing gender-affirming care to minors, to restrict school bathroom use by biological sex, and to remove any instruction about gender identity before seventh grade.

“Gov. Kim Reynolds has been a leading voice in pushing back against the radical left's gender ideology,” Gaines said in a news release. “I cannot wait to celebrate her incredible record as Iowa's governor."

I don’t believe fully developed biological males should compete against women in sports. Having said that, for Reynolds to call this the “most important women’s issue of our time” is pure hyperbole in the extreme.

Is this more important than access to OB/GYN care in rural areas due to changes in abortion law? More important than sexual/physical/mental abuse? More important than pay disparity? More important the the abortion topic?

On the list of major issues that impact women this is WAY down the list.

The gal retweets and likes some of Sebastian Gorka's stuff. She also liked a tweet about Trump being too "soft" on abortion lol

This girl is going the Rittenhouse route. Nothing more than a political pawn that will be chewed up and spit out by whoever decides to use her.

Is she an anti-transgender activist or an anti-transgender in women's sports activist? I thought she was the former, but I haven't clicked an article in a while, has her stance broadened?
She’s the latter, and I would say that is a narrower stance than the former.

Because she knows the difference between a man and woman and knows men can't have babies?
Trans athletes get her ire more than Trump. Trans athletes get more attention than our schools, our water, our parks, and our dying small towns. Think about how stupid that is for a second. She is lazy and goes after the lowest hanging of fruit.

Trans athletes get her ire more than Trump. Trans athletes get more attention than our schools, our water, our parks, and our dying small towns. Think about how stupid that is for a second. She is lazy and goes after the lowest hanging of fruit.
Very true. East Palestine and Maui have gotten hardly any attention by our government or media. Good point.

This makes zero sense when it comes to Iowa politics.
You said, “Trans athletes get more attention than our schools, our water, our parks, and our dying small towns.” If you were only talking about Iowa, I apologize and retract my statement.

I don’t believe fully developed biological males should compete against women in sports. Having said that, for Reynolds to call this the “most important women’s issue of our time” is pure hyperbole in the extreme.

Is this more important than access to OB/GYN care in rural areas due to changes in abortion law? More important than sexual/physical/mental abuse? More important than pay disparity? More important the the abortion topic?

Are you a woman? They are

• Wow
Reactions: EasyHawk
“Riley is fighting on the front lines of the most important women's issue of our time”

Oh really Kim, the most important women's issue of our time? Wowee, you are one stupid bitch.

The next time you do anything that actually benefits the people of Iowa instead of your right wing radical puppet masters, it will be the first time.

She was a freshman in 2019 you idiot lol

He's also just lying or outright stupid. She was on the all freshman team at Kentucky in 2019 lol

I'm referencing the Iowa Governor, but a participation ribbon to you for an attempt in deflecting.
I assume another attempt to distort the truth?
Reynolds graduated high school in 1978, then started her college journey of trying to attend FIVE junior colleges and universities.
She was AWARDED, not earned, a degree from ISU in 2016.
Then again being a alcoholic student can be challenging.

Why would we care about the education of Dim Kim's guest flunkie?

Last edited:

WOMEN who are born WOMEN can have different opinions about that.
And to describe RG as an anti-transgender activist is indicative of extreme hyperbole.
She just wants born WOMEN to compete amongst themselves and born MEN to do the same.
Off the playing field or pool I don’t think she (and the vast majority of WOMEN) care if a dude decides to amputate their junk.

“Riley is fighting on the front lines of the most important women's issue of our time”

Oh really Kim, the most important women's issue of our time? Wowee, you are one stupid bitch.

The next time you do anything that actually benefits the people of Iowa instead of your right wing radical puppet masters, it will be the first time.
Stupid bitch? What a phucking misogynist POS you just showed yourself to be.
Hurry up Kim and get back in the kitchen…barefoot. Some of the lefty loons are threatened.

The gal retweets and likes some of Sebastian Gorka's stuff. She also liked a tweet about Trump being too "soft" on abortion lol

This girl is going the Rittenhouse route. Nothing more than a political pawn that will be chewed up and spit out by whoever decides to use her.
She’s far more intelligent than Rittenhouse…but maybe that’s just because she’s a woman…😛

Well well well…are you saying you don’t like low hanging fruits, Huey?
😜

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT