ADVERTISEMENT

Any deer hunters here?

If it’s so good why don’t Americans eat more of it?

Because it’s not, that’s why.
Because you can’t package it and sell it in stores. The jerky, sticks, and sausage that are made now a days are amazing. I spent Thanksgiving feeding my non hunting family that stuff and they have requested it for Xmas. Unfortunately, they won’t be getting it.

Because you can’t package it and sell it in stores. The jerky, sticks, and sausage that are made now a days are amazing. I spent Thanksgiving feeding my non hunting family that stuff and they have requested it for Xmas. Unfortunately, they won’t be getting it.

What is mixed in with those sticks?

What is mixed in with those sticks?
Pork fat for starters. Then I do high heat cheese cubes. Pepper Jack is my favorite. Then whatever seasoning you buy. I’m still experimenting and have a ways to go to get the best I’ve ever had. That was from a guy south of DM. Absolutely amazing. The best were pineapple. I haven’t had the guts to try doing those myself.

Pork fat for starters. Then I do high heat cheese cubes. Pepper Jack is my favorite. Then whatever seasoning you buy. I’m still experimenting and have a ways to go to get the best I’ve ever had. That was from a guy south of DM. Absolutely amazing. The best were pineapple. I haven’t had the guts to try doing those myself.

So deer meat is so tasty that you have to mix another animal fat in there to make them edible?

Again, I don’t blame you for being ignorant. If not done right, venison can be off putting. When done right, it is right up there with the majority of beef products.

I’m not ignorant. I grew up with and around deer hunters. Deer is only good when combined with other foods. As a stand alone meat it’s lean and earthy.

There’s a reason why every deer hunter gives away the meat. Their freezer is too full and it taste like garbage. This is a fact.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkman98
I’m not ignorant. I grew up with and around deer hunters. Deer is only good when combined with other foods. As a stand alone meat it’s lean and earthy.

There’s a reason why every deer hunter gives away the meat. Their freezer is too full and it taste like garbage. This is a fact.
Like I’ve said, it’s not my fault you’ve been around lazy deer hunters. Those of us that process our own deer and know what we are doing, reap the benefits of venison. My steaks and loins taste just as juicy as any beef steaks. My teriyaki jerky tastes just like beef jerky you buy at the store. None of that gets mixed with anything else.

I’ve had plenty of other deer hunters comment about it being the best deer they’ve had. The same guys that kill 3-4 deer a year because they eat them all. When putting together meals for football parties, I get requests from non deer hunters for my deer kabobs. But by all means, tell me about your lazy experiences.

Like I’ve said, it’s not my fault you’ve been around lazy deer hunters. Those of us that process our own deer and know what we are doing, reap the benefits of venison. My steaks and loins taste just as juicy as any beef steaks. My teriyaki jerky tastes just like beef jerky you buy at the store. None of that gets mixed with anything else.

I’ve had plenty of other deer hunters comment about it being the best deer they’ve had. When putting together meals for football parties, I get requests from non deer hunters for my deer kabobs. But by all means, tell me about your lazy experiences.

Lol your deer loins taste as juicy as a beef steak? Are you high? The fat content in deer is basically nil compared to beef. At no point could they be “juicer”

I get it, your tastebuds have been ruined by your “expertise” at cooking deer. You’ve been bamboozled. Deer as good as steak GTFO

This guy is just trolling. Well done. You got a couple takers. Have a great day
Lol your deer loins taste as juicy as a beef steak? Are you high? The fat content in deer is basically nil compared to beef. At no point could they be “juicer”

I get it, your tastebuds have been ruined by your “expertise” at cooking deer. You’ve been bamboozled. Deer as good as steak GTFO

So deer meat is so tasty that you have to mix another animal fat in there to make them edible?
See you really don't understand do you. Deer is mostly lean meat. There is very little fat on a deer so beef fat is added. As far as loin and roasts go there is no fat added. Stop making accusations or innuendo's about things you don't know about.

Reactions: SWIowahawks

Ignorance is bliss. Have a good day.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
See you really don't understand do you. Deer is mostly lean meat. There is very little fat on a deer so beef fat is added. As far as loin and roasts go there is no fat added. Stop making accusations or innuendo's about things you don't know about.

They add other animal fat because it taste like garbage without it. Doesn’t exactly make a strong case for how tasty it is.

“man, this deer meat is so good and lean I had to add other animal fat to make it edible. This stuff is soooooo good.” You want some? I got a freezer full.

I have a son that can make you a deer meal that you would think was beef.
Of course, you already have tasted it poorly prepared and cooked so in your mind it wouldn't make any difference

I don't give mine away. and the reason you add fat or tallow is because its so lean! Example, ground/burger.....I add about 15% just so they don't dry out when cooking.

Steaks, I marinate a lot of them prior to throwing them on the grill. Love Teriyaki.

Roast, put it in the crockpot.

Back straps, cook them, MR to M, slice it thin and eat! Tender, tasty.........

Pretty sure its an acquired taste that many just never find.....

FYI, love the different flavored sausages/brats. Green Onion, Pineapple, Jalapeno...all pretty dang good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT