ADVERTISEMENT

How many trans people do you know personally?

I've never seen one but I live in deep blue liberal country.

Most are Bernie Sanders stickers. 😆

Reactions: BrianNole777
My daughter (np) lives in NYC and works in the arts. Her friends run the gamut of lgtbq. I need her to coach me on pronouns and other nomenclature but they are all nice and interesting. Brooklyn after hours can get a groove on

How many trans people do YOU know personally??
Can you ever really KNOW a man who demands you call him a "girl" (for some reason these AGPs always insist on being thought of as "girls")?

I've worked with two trans-identifying females. How did I know they are female, you ask? Well, one was a middle-aged Army vet, MAYBE 5'0" in boots, bowling ball-shaped, what I'd call a "geek" (into Pokemon Go, geocaching, and other dork shit), and a lesbian. We shared a big hug when she left that office, and, when I saw her a few years later, ...
she was still 5'0" in boots, still the same bowling ball shape, and still with the same lesbian partner (though I'd assume they figured they were magically hetero at this point), and had a very threadbare mustache. She was a bit confrontational, which also led me to believe she was getting T injections.

The other trans-identified female I worked with showed up pretending to be male, MAYBE 4'10", looked 10 years old, had a Biblical male name. Nice gal. How on earth did I ever clock her as female, you ask? Well, aside from the previously provided information and the fact that we (like all other species) have evolutionarily selected to be able to suss male v. female, she (HE, I mean HE!) was pregnant and had a kid within 15 months of being hired.

On a small island and we can see the Pacific Ocean from our bedroom windows. If people act different, they call you crazy and police/government use mental hospitals often for crazy people. I doubt most people here have even heard of trans.

Was it hard to get citizenship?

I don't know any myself but have seen 3 in person in the last decade while out and about.

One was in downtown Baltimore and I felt sad because that's a rough place to live regardless.

How many do you know? What's their story?
One that I know of and work with. Good person.

Zero, well maybe one, not sure though. It's none of my business so I don't ask.
I can relate. I figure if for some reason I have reason to speak about them in the 3rd person while they're in front of me then they'll just let me know in one way or another that I got it wrong. But there's a 50/50 chance (or better) I'll be right and it won't even be a thing.

Pronouns are really for use when you're speaking about someone in their absence, otherwise they're just "you."

Four. They're all great people.
Does anyone know any asshole transpeople? I always see, I know this gay person or this transperson etc. etc. and they're gggrreeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! If that's the case, we should all be LGBTQ because cis people are jerks! Seriously, why is whether or not someone is a good person a justifyer for if someone should be treated equally or not?

Does anyone know any asshole transpeople? I always see, I know this gay person or this transperson etc. etc. and they're gggrreeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! If that's the case, we should all be LGBTQ because cis people are jerks! Seriously, why is whether or not someone is a good person a justifyer for if someone should be treated equally or not?
Do these words ring a bell for you?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Reactions: millah_22
Do these words ring a bell for you?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Absolutely! So whether or not a transperson is a "good person" or not is irrelevant. Everyone should receive equal treatment.

Absolutely! So whether or not a transperson is a "good person" or not is irrelevant. Everyone should receive equal treatment.

You seem a little lost.

The government treats people equally.

I sure as hell do not have to treat people equally in my personal life, nor do I or will I ever.

You seem a little lost.

The government treats people equally.

I sure as hell do not have to treat people equally in my personal life, nor do I or will I ever.
Not lost at all. Just picked up on a thread theme.

A. Yes I know a transperson(s)
B. They're great

Just curious if anyone knew a transperson who wasn't great, like, "Yes, my neighbor is a transperson. She's a 'get off my lawn type' and hands out LGBTQ tracts to kids on Halloween like one of those religious zealots." LOL

I didn't bring the constitution into it, another person did.

All four are very intelligent, compassionate people.

Reactions: Ghee Buttersnaps
Not lost at all. Just picked up on a thread theme.

A. Yes I know a transperson(s)
B. They're great

Just curious if anyone knew a transperson who wasn't great, like, "Yes, my neighbor is a transperson. She's a 'get off my lawn type' and hands out LGBTQ tracts to kids on Halloween like one of those religious zealots." LOL

I didn't bring the constitution into it, another person did.
No, I've never met an asshole trans person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT