ADVERTISEMENT

How many trans people do you know personally?

BrianNole777

HR All-American
Jan 27, 2023
I don't know any myself but have seen 3 in person in the last decade while out and about.

One was in downtown Baltimore and I felt sad because that's a rough place to live regardless.

How many do you know? What's their story?

I know plenty of gays and lesbians but I don’t believe I know any trans people.
Being around the Iowa City area for work, I often see people who I assume are trans and I have no idea how to approach them.
I grew up saying hello sir and hello ma'am. Now I don’t know what to say because surly whatever I choose to say will be wrong so I say nothing.

Being around the Iowa City area for work, I often see people who I assume are trans and I have no idea how to approach them.
I grew up saying hello sir and hello ma'am. Now I don’t know what to say because surly whatever I choose to say will be wrong so I say nothing.

"Hello" should do.

You just say hi. It's not that hard.

none

although my cousins daughter is now a man and there is a guy that used to be a woman that works in the same building as me

however I don't not either personally

Reactions: BrianNole777
3. Trans men. Its more obvious with them I think. The voice is different, skeletal structure and jaw noticeably different. One is semi famous in the trans world

I live in rural Iowa. I don’t know any trans. I know of only one gay guy. He got caught by his wife meeting his boyfriend. He belongs to a big farm family well respected in the community. I figured he would have to move away the way many people are around here. He didn’t and is now with his man on the farm he worked when he was married. I don’t see him much but most of the people I talk to seem to accept it…

I don't know any myself but have seen 3 in person in the last decade while out and about.

One was in downtown Baltimore and I felt sad because that's a rough place to live regardless.

How many do you know? What's their story?
Trans? Zero (unless I count Tarp). I have all the other letters covered, though, either personally or through my daughters. In fact, my daughter officiated a lesbian wedding in Maryland just this past weekend. I have pics, but I'm not sharing with you degenerates.

Ya, I've had that thought too and will proceed until asked otherwise(sir and ma'am). Haven't had a situation where's it's been an issue yet, not even while spending 2 weeks in Kennebunkport, ME during Pride Month. I'm sure it will, though, and I'll apologize and move on.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Trans? Zero (unless I count Tarp). I have all the other letters covered, though, either personally or through my daughters. In fact, my daughter officiated a lesbian wedding in Maryland just this past weekend. I have pics, but I'm not sharing with you degenerates.

Where in Maryland?

Lol, I can't imagine the look on my Drill Instructors face if I said "Hello, yes, Hello." My God would I be pain for that. "Sir, yes, Sir", is much better.
So outside of the less that 1% chance you have of encountering a non-binary drill instructor, coupled with the less than 1% chance you have of returning to basic training, what will you do? Me?

Me, "Thank you, ma'am"
Other person, "I prefer they"
Other person, "I prefer just my name"
Other person, "I prefer Cotton Headed Ninnymuggins"

Me, "Gotcha. No problem. I'll do my best"

After that we'll just have to see how it goes. The number of times I'll likely encounter that in my life are pretty negligible.

Literally just say hello.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT