ADVERTISEMENT

Any ideas on when we find out for sure if Brian Ferentz will be OC in 2023?

Brian would have to be fired by an African American coach to give him racial cover. Otherwise I think he is un-hirable at NFL or DIV 1 football.

That being said; Please Fire Brian!

Some more stats.

So Iowa played 7 teams in the Top 25 defense stats for total yardage allowed. The Hawks put up an average of 206 yards per game. They were 3-4, which is some sort of miracle.

Against the other 5 teams in FBS the Hawks were 5-1 and averaged 332 yards per game.

332 yards per game would place the Hawks 109th in the Nation.

When I started to put that stat together, I thought maybe the Hawks would be 75th or something like that against the teams not in the top 25 in defense (yds allowed). 109th shouldn't have surprised me but it did.

I was pretty disappointed last year when no changes were made. If Barta and KF decide to "stay the course" I will be beyond disappointed. I have been steadfast in my support of KF as far as wanting to win and doing what's best, at least in his mind, what is best for the program.

If no changes are made I will join the crowd hoping for a HC change.

There will be some additions to OFF play calling...that's all I'm saying.
Co - OC? I know someone stated maybe someone is on way out, and only dude I can think of that would retire would be Nieman. Go watch his sons play in NFL every week while they are still in league. Hard to miss those games as a Dad I am sure.

I think he’s radioactive right now for two reasons. One is just the production and our offense the past six years and especially the last two. Secondly, you throw in the lawsuit and what NFL team is going to be like, “Yep. Let’s make him the oline coach.” Every guy in that NFL position group on that team is going to know the story and what’s going on.
Lawsuit should be a mere formality with how many times I've been told the over 60 players who spoke out against the program are liars and opportunists in the last 2.5 years. Who am I to question the expertise of message board investigators over mere kids who went through the program. This is the Iowa Way we are talking about, I'm not sure why any NFL teams would question it. If Brian is good enough for a man of unquestionable character like KF he definitely should be golden in the NFL, no?

There will be some additions to OFF play calling...that's all I'm saying.
You are not saying anything. It has been a universal assumption that changes will be made after Iowa's miserable offense this season, so you are not offering any insight whatsoever. Your general, vague, unquantifiable statement means nothing.

Until you give something specific, you will continue to be the board buffoon.

Reactions: GHawk
Junior will be back as OC.
Carved in stone.
:(
Waldorf Warrior FB is looking better and better.

Man, I hope you’re right.

I’m feeling a little discouraged right now. I really believe Brian is in over his head. I don’t mind him on staff, but Iowa deserves better than him at OC and QB coach.
I think he is a good coach, just not a good offensive coordinator. I’d be fine with him as OL coach and maybe running game coordinator.

Budmyar with a short resume isn't going from analyst to OC. Going to a full time assistant is a big promotion for him, if it happens. If it does, probably the QB coach.
He’s been a QB coach (at Wisconsin) and an OC (1 year at Colorado State) before. As someone mentioned below, how does that resume compare to when our current OC was hired?

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunderlips71
It’s nearing late January…with nary a word out of Ft. Kinnick…folks I don’t believe there are any coaching changes coming….if you do, or are holding out hope I’m afraid you will be disappointed.

Did you know we nearly won the division last year? And 10 games the year before?!

It’s nearing late January…with nary a word out of Ft. Kinnick…folks I don’t believe there are any coaching changes coming….if you do, or are holding out hope I’m afraid you will be disappointed.

Did you know we nearly won the division last year? And 10 games the year before?!
I’m going to be very, very disappointed.

Kirk with the big middle finger to everyone.

Well, I am still holding out hope. Maybe I'm delusional.

Or, maybe BF is going to go be an assistant coach at Jacksonville and they need to wait until they finish to announce it.

KF normally has a post-season PC to announce that everything is fine - no changes anticipated. He hasn't done that yet.

Or, maybe BF is going to go be an assistant coach at Jacksonville and they need to wait until they finish to announce it.

KF normally has a post-season PC to announce that everything is fine - no changes anticipated. He hasn't done that yet.
He could just be reverting to his previous ways on that….wasn’t the “January” Press conference totally new and unexpected with the Beathard change after Hawkslayer?

He could just be reverting to his previous ways on that….wasn’t the “January” Press conference totally new and unexpected with the Beathard change after Hawkslayer?
🤷‍♂️

IDK. I'm just absolutely convinced that the Hawks are not going to simply stay the course. I mean, they can't,

The word is that BF, his wife and daughter are being harassed when in public. BF should be leading the charge for change!

Iowa is a laughingstock on offense, season ticket holders are at risk - donors are at risk. No AD would put up with this. No HC would put up with this. No FATHER would put up with this.

Why would Cade and All come here for this mess? They had dozens of opportunities.

There are SO MANY reasons to expect change and zero reasons to stay the course.

The NFL coaching changes are just now starting to happen. If there is a shakeup in the Iowa coaching staff, I believe it will be BFz leaving for an NFL job. The next 2-3 weeks would be the most likely timeframe for something like that to happen.

Reactions: Bishop1971

Jacksonville? You can't be serious.

Jacksonville? You can't be serious.

What are the exact allegations against Brian? The only two I recall was the screaming at Wadley when he parked in a staff parking spot and that he made fun of someone's tattoo. All allegedly of course.

What are the exact allegations against Brian? The only two I recall was the screaming at Wadley when he parked in a staff parking spot and that he made fun of someone's tattoo. All allegedly of course.
It doesn’t matter anymore. He’s going to be lumped regardless. It’s a stain that isn’t going away anytime soon in today’s climate. Facts be damned. Especially when you’re not exactly a “hot” commodity based upon performance.

I think there’s an outside chance that Belichek brings him on staff since he has accumulated so much goodwill with the organization and the league. Beyond that, I can’t see another NFL head coach taking that chance.

He is out following some recruits. This was in Sheldon, Iowa.

326111124_491149546286470_2139708995051517552_n.jpg

It doesn’t matter anymore. He’s going to be lumped regardless. It’s a stain that isn’t going away anytime soon in today’s climate. Facts be damned. Especially when you’re not exactly a “hot” commodity based upon performance.

I think there’s an outside chance that Belichek brings him on staff since he has accumulated so much goodwill with the organization and the league. Beyond that, I can’t see another NFL head coach taking that chance.
I think BFz is hireable, the team just needs to have the PR department ready to handle questions, and maybe even be proactive in a few ways. That was all botched for Doyle in Jacksonville. The Jags were completely unprepared for the backlash, and had no choice but to cut him loose.

Reactions: Bishop1971
I think BFz is hireable, the team just needs to have the PR department ready to handle questions, and maybe even be proactive in a few ways. That was all botched for Doyle in Jacksonville. The Jags were completely unprepared for the backlash, and had no choice but to cut him loose.
Tell me there’s another option lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT