ADVERTISEMENT

Any ideas on when we find out for sure if Brian Ferentz will be OC in 2023?

800 miles away? You mean nothing to Barta or Kirk then. You have some weird obsession with them though.

What exactly are you doing to help advance the U of I sports now that the fan has the ability to have more influence than ever?

We heard this shit early on this last season about how the stadium would see so many empty seats and that was a big damn joke.

You are probably best buds with Bleeder who must have ran off and took his toys somewhere else.
Exactly. I mean the same to Gary and Kirk as my friends and relatives who have season tickets and donate quite a bit to have the good seats.....nothing at all as keeping Brian is giving everyone the middle finger. They are pissed off and waiting to see what happens. I already give to charitable organizations, covering for our 7 million dollar coach and his 900k entitled prick son aren't one of them until Kirk starts putting the program first again. He can do that at anytime but keeps refusing to. Stubborn, arrogant ass

Not true, just read that as of tonight O'Brien still needs both a TE coach and OL coach so fingers crossed. Former Hawk Devlin a candidate for OL coach.
I should have prefaced, in terms of Brian moving to the patriots, that is already done.

Yeah no time to read all of these threads. Just checking in for some positive news on a new OC next year. Unfortunately, I don't expect Brian to move on. Afraid we are stuck with this nepotistic BS for another year.

S
Yeah no time to read all of these threads. Just checking in for some positive news on a new OC next year. Unfortunately, I don't expect Brian to move on. Afraid we are stuck with this nepotistic BS for another year.
Sad, but true.

My enthusiasm for next season is dwindling in a hurry.

Exactly. I mean the same to Gary and Kirk as my friends and relatives who have season tickets and donate quite a bit to have the good seats.....nothing at all as keeping Brian is giving everyone the middle finger. They are pissed off and waiting to see what happens. I already give to charitable organizations, covering for our 7 million dollar coach and his 900k entitled prick son aren't one of them until Kirk starts putting the program first again. He can do that at anytime but keeps refusing to. Stubborn, arrogant ass
You're just a bad person. That's ok. The Hawks will be fine without you and will likely sell out once again next year.

Reactions: chuck285
Doing what to him exactly? Making him wealthy?? The only reason Brian has a job making $900k today is because of Kirk. Everyone should have their father doing THAT to them.
Daddy is not going to live forever, then he’ll have to make it on his own.

Given the buzz among some Iowa sportswriters the last few weeks, I admit I am surprised to not be seeing even a little Brian Ferentz buzz in these articles the past few days.
Why? Stay at Iowa and suck, keep your job. Go to NFL and suck unemployed.

Not unexpected. I know it's technically possible, but I will be extremely surprised if Brian is not the OC next season.

Be prepared, Hawk fans.
There is no way I can prepare myself for BF being the OC again.

I already hold Barta and BF in low regard as to their job performance. If he is the OC next year, I will have lost all respect for them as humans.

Similarly, I will have lost respect for Kirk and Mary Ferentz. How anyone that would do this to their son is beyond me.

Iowa was a laughingstock on offense last year. If necessary, the President of the U should step in to end this.

I already hold Barta and BF in low regard as to their job performance. If he is the OC next year, I will have lost all respect for them as humans.

Similarly, I will have lost respect for Kirk and Mary Ferentz. How anyone that would do this to their son is beyond me.

Iowa was a laughingstock on offense last year. If necessary, the President of the U should step in to end this.
I don't think the president would do that.

I sincerely believe the powers-that-be and much of the faculty at the University of Iowa just don't care about athletics. They tolerate it as a "necessary evil.". As long as the money keeps rolling in, athletic success and wins/losses are irrelevant. Maybe I'm wrong (and I hope I am), but that is the vibe I get.

I sincerely believe the powers-that-be and much of the faculty at the University of Iowa just don't care about athletics. They tolerate it as a "necessary evil.". As long as the money keeps rolling in, athletic success and wins/losses are irrelevant. Maybe I'm wrong (and I hope I am), but that is the vibe I get.
I think you are right, and for the most part I agree with it. Plenty of things for the Pres and the BOR to worry about without diving into athletics,

But, they don't like it when the U is embarrassed. That's the only reason I mentioned it.

So a father can’t have faith in his son any more? I don’t get it. Maybe Kirk believed in him and thought he was good for the job and actually still does?

when is the big hearing-lawsuit? I've tried to read up on it, but not much free info on interwebs, you have to be a paying member of some newspaper

So a father can’t have faith in his son any more? I don’t get it. Maybe Kirk believed in him and thought he was good for the job and actually still does?

I'm sure KF does have faith in his son and very much wants him to be successful. But, if BF is the OC in 2023 he will have a giant bolder sitting on his head. The offense would need to be darned good in the first game or the pressure would intensify. The stories I have heard claim that BF & his wife can't go out in public.

I think most fathers would want to relieve some of that pressure on their child if he could.

Life simply can't be very much fun for BF and his family right now.

I'm sure KF does have faith in his son and very much wants him to be successful. But, if BF is the OC in 2023 he will have a giant bolder sitting on his head. The offense would need to be darned good in the first game or the pressure would intensify. The stories I have heard claim that BF & his wife can't go out in public.

I think most fathers would want to relieve some of that pressure on their child if he could.

Life simply can't be very much fun for BF and his family right now.
This isn’t Bill Buckner against the Mets in 1986. As a lifelong Red Sox fan it broke my heart to see how he was treated by fans for just making an error in a game. This is a situation entirely created by Brian, Kirk, and Gary.

Last edited:

I agree, but I think that academia is actually jealous & angry that sports & BTN is a money machine and their British Literature class is just hanging on.
Maybe athletics should stop help funding the Univ & hospital & see if academia changes their perspective when classes & jobs are eliminated.

Reactions: 83Hawk
I agree, but I think that academia is actually jealous & angry that sports & BTN is a money machine and their British Literature class is just hanging on.
Maybe athletics should stop help funding the Univ & hospital & see if academia changes their perspective when classes & jobs are eliminated.
Link to “British literature class is just hanging on?” I suppose there might be some areas where they’re struggling, but with the university having a $3 billion+ endowment last year, I seriously doubt academia is “jealous & angry“ about the athletic department’s BTN $.

Reactions: grayhair81
This isn’t Bill Buckner against the Mets in 1986. As a lifelong Red Sox fan it broke my heart to see how he was treated by fans for just making an error in a game. This is a situation entirely created by Brian, Kirk, and Gary.
Bill Buckner was a fan favorite until he made one mistake. His legacy should have been as a great player, instead he was a goat. How he was treated is a black mark on fans.

Barta, KF and BF also made mistakes - lots of them. But they are still just mistakes undeserving of the personal treatment he and his family have endured.

Reactions: hawkeyebob62
Bill Buckner was a fan favorite until he made one mistake. His legacy should have been as a great player, instead he was a goat. How he was treated is a black mark on fans.

Barta, KF and BF also made mistakes - lots of them. But they are still just mistakes undeserving of the personal treatment he and his family have endured.
What have they endured? I honestly haven’t heard anything. And Buckner was obviously one play in a game. The situation at iowa is completely different.

You're just a bad person. That's ok. The Hawks will be fine without you and will likely sell out once again next year.
Haha, OK. Sorry you're pissy that your hero coach is a self serving piece of shit....with an entitled, douche son. It will be ok. I support the Iowa Hawkeyes, not one man. Fuk the Ferentz family if Brian is back

What have they endured? I honestly haven’t heard anything. And Buckner was obviously one play in a game. The situation at iowa is completely different.
They are completely different as I tried to point out.

But the result has been similar. Hearing stories about how the BF family is pretty much house-bound. I've heard a story about what one of his kids have endured, Just read this board - the hate for BF is intense.

Treatment such as? Because they have definitely reaped the benefits over the years. Take the good with the bad especially with what they make.

Reactions: Macbride79
Treatment such as? Because they have definitely reaped the benefits over the years. Take the good with the bad especially with what they make.
Let's back up. This part of the thread started, I think, because I didn't believe KF (and even Mary, and even BF) would decide to go into 2023 with BF as OC, because he has been a laughingstock in the media and on social media.

If I were KF (or Mary), I wouldn't let it continue. If I was BF, I wouldn't let it continue.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT