ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on DeSanto?

I'm curious what the delay is. Is Desanto waiting to take other visits?

Waiting for university admissions to process the transfer?

It just seems like the more time that passes following the visit, the less likely he is to come to Iowa.

I believe that Drexel is still on their Quad Semester system which could make his transfer schedule a bit different than most. A buddy of mine attended Drexel and their 1st qtr ran Late.Sept-Dec, 2nd qtr ran Jan - late March, 3rd qtr ran Apr - late June. When my friend transferred to another college he was delayed because Drexel's academic year was behind most other colleges.

I believe that Drexel is still on their Quad Semester system which could make his transfer schedule a bit different than most. A buddy of mine attended Drexel and their 1st qtr ran Late.Sept-Dec, 2nd qtr ran Jan - late March, 3rd qtr ran Apr - late June. When my friend transferred to another college he was delayed because Drexel's academic year was behind most other colleges.
3rd qtr in a quad semester system? So, is the 4th qrtr done in August? We need some "New math" to get him here by June 1.

I’m pretty sure Spencer has helped him think analyze the competition he’d see at 133 in the room.

Heres what I could gather from that board of names (with some inferring/assuming done on my part), excluding guys we know are already hawks or already committed. Considering there were Iowa wrestling camps going on, I'm guessing a lot of the names are HS kids from St. Eds or Izzy Style club, with some mixed in HSers from here and there, plus some younger siblings.

Enzo Silva - IL
Rocco Cassioppi - IL (Cassioppi's little bro)
Patrick Kennedy - MN
Jackson Kennedy - MN (Kennedy's little bro)
Dylan D'Emilio - OH
Cullan Schriever - IA
Caleb Rathjen - IA
Enzo Morlacci - PA
Nick Coy - PA (Young Guns)
Jimmy/Tanner Paulson - MN (Kennedy's Teammate)
+ J'Den Cox and Jody Strittmater on that board as well. (Maybe Cox enjoyed his time in IC during the world cup so much he wants to stick around :D)

I was thinking Caleb could have possibly been Caleb Corbin, Connor’s bro? Did pretty well as a freshmen this past year.

3rd qtr in a quad semester system? So, is the 4th qrtr done in August? We need some "New math" to get him here by June 1.
Not gonna happen my friend. End of semester is mid June. Drexel calendar is funky as advertised.

http://drexel.edu/provost/calendars/academic-calendars/quarter-2017-2018/

Edit to add that Drexel has two normal semesters and one truncated summer session like most universities. The difference here is that they start in mid September for fall semester and end second semester in mid June.

All, this thread is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in any of the rambling, incoherent responses was there anything that would be considered a relevent thought. Everyone in the cesspool is now dumber for having read it. I award no likes and may God have mercy on your souls.

Flo must have read your post. They used this to rip on some guy "who doesn't understand the hype behind Gable Stevenson. Minnesota has no competition..." Yours was creative, and as usual Flo's wasn't.
Adrian “Bus” Oceguera on twitter. Guy seriously must have been ran over by a bus when he was a kid.
"I don’t understand the hype behind Gable Stevenson. Minnesota has no competition and even if he wrestles nationwide or international they never match up with anyone as good. Like did you see who he wrestled in his last state final? He wrestled a scrub. C’mon now."

Last edited:
Whether he’s been diagnosed or not his mentality should be able to be discussed. It is a big part of what makes him good and it is also clear that it was a big problem under the stress of the NCAA tournament. The Iowa room isn’t Drexel which could be better or worse. I don’t know. I am concerned as a Hawkeye fan about him being in our singlet while doing something like he attempted to Micic. I’m concerned about Iowa pursuing him and I was horrified that they almost were represented by PD3.
Whoah, quite the stretch comparing DeSanto to PD3. PD3 got the boot from multiple schools and had a multiple arrests under his belt. Austin behaved poorly in the last 10 seconds of a match in which he was getting embarrassed. Austin is 18 and PD3 is (what like 25,26?). One may or may not suffer from a mental disorder and the other is likely just an a**hole.

You're right. Insulting someone's toughness by calling them female genitalia is totally cool.

[/QUOTE
Wendy I can vouch for that. I attended the birth of both of my children and in retrospect I can certainly see the oddness of referring to someone who is not tough as a pussy. Certainly NOT lacking in the toughness department down there. But can we still refer to whiny people as "little bitches"?

Spoke with some decently tied in folks about DeSanto and Iowa...

According to them "he (Austin) told Brands he's coming and that he'll go wherever he wants him to including 33."

Take it for what it's worth.
From the outside Desanto seems like the type of kid that will go wrestle whatever weight he wants to, including 125.
tenor.gif

work with a guy named austin, i always call him dallas

When I was in college I used to get wicked hammered. My nickname was Puke. I would chug a fifth of SoCo, sneak into a frat party, polish off a few people's empties, some brewskies, some Jell-O shots, do some body shots off myself, pass out, wake up the next morning, puke, rally, more SoCo, head to class. Probably would have gotten expelled if I had let it affect my grades, but I aced all my courses. They called me Ace. It was totally awesome. Got straight Bs. They called me Buzz.

When I was in college I used to get wicked hammered. My nickname was Puke. I would chug a fifth of SoCo, sneak into a frat party, polish off a few people's empties, some brewskies, some Jell-O shots, do some body shots off myself, pass out, wake up the next morning, puke, rally, more SoCo, head to class. Probably would have gotten expelled if I had let it affect my grades, but I aced all my courses. They called me Ace. It was totally awesome. Got straight Bs. They called me Buzz.

tumblr_l6rppg8voq1qala8so1_500.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT