ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else skipping the Super Bowl?

Going to watch first half of the Iowa men's BB game. Then go out ice fishing. Son was out earlier this morning with tip ups and said the depth finder was blowing up. He had not panfish poles at the time.
So, we're going to try later in the afternoon which will miss a lot of the super bowl I think.

Edit: guess others fishing was not catching fish and assumption is that it was shad on the finder.
So not going out. Watching the SB I guess

Last edited:
Nobody gives a rat Shiite
Rivalries Sunni GIF by TV7 ISRAEL NEWS

America is the show bidness and consumerism capital of the world and the super bowl is an example that puts that on display for the world to see. Super bowl is almost like 4th of July as far as getting my 'Merica loving emotions going. A premier sporting event with a high production concert squeezed in the middle.

Then even the commercials have huge creative resources poured into them and can be very funny/touching/thought provoking. It's just a beautiful thing. America in a 4 hr nutshell, for better and worse. But it's pure America. Even better with a really great game like tonight

When I heard the soccer guys trying to say that world cup final was the "best sporting event ever" 😂 it just made me sad for them and proud to be an American (it couldn't even hold a candle to Bama at Tennessee a couple months prior)

Last edited:
America is the show bidness and consumerism capital of the world and the super bowl is an example that puts that on display for the world to see. Super bowl is almost like 4th of July as far as getting my 'Merica loving emotions going. A premier sporting event with a high production concert squeezed in the middle.

Then even the commercials have huge creative resources poured into them and can be very funny/touching/thought provoking. It's just a beautiful thing. America in a 4 hr nutshell, for better and worse. But it's pure America. Even better with a really great game like tonight

When I heard the soccer guys trying to say that world cup final was the "best sporting event ever" 😂 it just made me sad for them and proud to be an American (it couldn't even hold a candle to Bama at Tennessee a couple months prior)
It was like 4th of July in KC. I started watching game in 2nd quarter because grankids in KC are chiefs fans. They called all excited about the fireworks going off in KC. They also talked about all the outdoor red lights people had on houses.

Not even to mention the food. Superbowl is the second biggest food holiday for grocery sales behind only Thanksgiving.

Not even to mention the food. Superbowl is the second biggest food holiday for grocery sales behind only Thanksgiving.
I was at Hy-Vee picking up some items late yesterday morning and it was jam packed.

Just stop

Lol. I don’t know. It’s usually the Raiders or Broncos fans who hate KC the most.
Yeah, I as a Charger fan dislike the Broncos, and somewhat tolerate the Chiefs. The real loathing is reserved for the Raiders.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT