ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have an idea what's about to drop?

What if it's about a certain player that is coming back for a 6th year?
get-out-leave.gif

Maybe a story how the extra practices for the bowl game help when next season starts in 8 months.

I always love that b.s.

A lot of the current team won’t be on campus next year and the new recruits are not part of the team but 12 practices months out help so much. Roflmao.

The program has basically it's best winning pct it has over the last 7 years and these guys talk about playing for a "loser" and "expect 1970's results". I swear to god some of our fans.
Well...programs are living, breathing entities that can change with circumstances and environments. A lot has happened in the last 7 years that have changed the factors that impact programs for which they have no control. We have made a living here of making fun of Husker fans for living in the past. That is something we shouldn't do and given the way things are changing in the game and the pace of those changes as well as our current direction and the issues faced...its okay to be a little apprehensive about how this will play out in the next couple of seasons. Now, going back to the 1970's might be a bit hyperbolic!

Reactions: DewHawk

My guess if bad proctor is decomitting or Keegan to the portal.

If good BF is stepping down.
Whatever it is that we have to brace ourselves for, I am certain KF being a stubborn dinosaur that no longer puts program first while insisting on a boring, terrible offense will be at the heart of the matter. Hope I am wrong but 'brace yourself' does not imply anything good coming.

Funny, why don't the dude just out it and have the breaking story. Name names. Usually how big time reporters do it. They use the "anonymous sources" tell me and then the specifics.

Reactions: hawkhockey
I could see Kaleb Johnson getting some big-time NIL money to leave for another program with the way he played as a true freshman. I can also see Keagan Johnson leaving. That whole situation has been weird in my opinion. Arland Bruce was getting visibly frustrated and showing negative body language after some of the horrible throws. He could be gone too. Man, this could be a total disaster.

The program has basically it's best winning pct it has over the last 7 years and these guys talk about playing for a "loser" and "expect 1970's results". I swear to god some of our fans.
We are 11-9 in our last 20 and our football team, because of our offense, became the laughing stock of college football in the process. Like every week on national shows we would be getting clowned on. These recruits don’t give a shit what happened 7 years ago. We are in the “what have you done for me lately” era with social media and our short attention spans.

I could see Kaleb Johnson getting some big-time NIL money to leave for another program with the way he played as a true freshman. I can also see Keagan Johnson leaving. That whole situation has been weird in my opinion. Arland Bruce was getting visibly frustrated and showing negative body language after some of the horrible throws. He could be gone too. Man, this could be a total disaster.
Sounding like it’s going to be a near total disaster.

Well...programs are living, breathing entities that can change with circumstances and environments. A lot has happened in the last 7 years that have changed the factors that impact programs for which they have no control. We have made a living here of making fun of Husker fans for living in the past. That is something we shouldn't do and given the way things are changing in the game and the pace of those changes as well as our current direction and the issues faced...its okay to be a little apprehensive about how this will play out in the next couple of seasons. Now, going back to the 1970's might be a bit hyperbolic!
I agree ... I get annoyed with the "extremes" and the hyperbole you alluded to of some of the Iowa fan base (yes, I realize that's probably true of all fan bases).

Talking of the recent Iowa program as "losers" or a mediocre program is just ridiculous. If they have been losers and a mediocre program the last 7 years, than literally so is 95% of the FBS programs ... which of course makes no sense.

Yes, the Iowa program and staff need to continue to evolve and yes they are not perfect. But making it seem like Iowa is currently and has recently been the bottom feeders of FBS is not even close to reality.

And I would say the main difference between making fun of Husker fans compared to Iowa is that Husker fans act as if they are the same program they were 25+ years ago ... that is truly living in the past. And they haven't even been truly mediocre. They are a program that hasn't been to a bowl game the past 6 years.

Believe me, if Iowa goes the next 6 years averaging 3-4 wins and not going to bowl games, you aren't going to hear me talking about how great the program is doing and how everything is fine.

I'd be inclined to believe Spencer coming back.
My source who is employed in the athletic department didn’t give specifics. Just said there will be a lot of new names to learn on the offense next year. Also it was not related to this tweet directly. I’m taking it as a negative but also could have been a positive that Iowa is gonna hammer the portal.. but I doubt that

Reactions: mickv
We are 11-9 in our last 20 and our football team, because of our offense, became the laughing stock of college football in the process. Like every week on national shows we would be getting clowned on. These recruits don’t give a shit what happened 7 years ago. We are in the “what have you done for me lately” era with social media and our short attention spans.
I said over the past 7 years. I get it totally with social media and instant gratification - I have kids :). With having kids and coaching youth sports, I also know not every kid has the exact same mindset and approach and some have good support systems that look out for their long-term goals so that they just don't act on a whim on every little thing.

Iowa is going to lose some players. Iowa will get some players. KF will make some changes and be fine. If he doesn't, could be an issue but he did it before and has worked out positively.

I'm going to guess BF remains O coordinator, Budmayr elevated to QB coach, and Barnett let go. Either new hire at oline or BF goes back to coaching them. Which would fit if Bud goes to full time position.
There will be NO changes in coaches. Take it to the bank

Reactions: sellarsd
My source who is employed in the athletic department didn’t give specifics. Just said there will be a lot of new names to learn on the offense next year. Also it was not related to this tweet directly. I’m taking it as a negative but also could have been a positive that Iowa is gonna hammer the portal.. but I doubt that
New guys would need to get enrolled pretty quick.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Like how big of names are we talking?

Maybe a story how the extra practices for the bowl game help when next season starts in 8 months.

I always love that b.s.

A lot of the current team won’t be on campus next year and the new recruits are not part of the team but 12 practices months out help so much. Roflmao.
Maybe so, but some of the team together for more time is better than none of the team together for more time.

Funny, why don't the dude just out it and have the breaking story. Name names. Usually how big time reporters do it. They use the "anonymous sources" tell me and then the specifics.
Because if he reveals the breaking story before hand and said story changes, he loses credibility and possibly his source. Captivates everyone to follow his report like a dog on a leash.

Because if he reveals the breaking story before hand and said story changes, he loses credibility and possibly his source. Captivates everyone to follow his report like a dog on a leash.
LOL. I guess he doesn't want more followers. He knows as much as the Magic 8 Ball does. Can make anything that happens now the thing he was really talking about.

Reactions: blubberhawk
One thing we know if kids file for the portal that is public info. If kids are coming in that would not necessarily be public yet but they would have to begin the enrollment process.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT