ADVERTISEMENT

Turd in the Punch Bowl

ButtersHawk

HR MVP
Nov 23, 2021
Not to be the Debbie Downer of the day but Proctor puts us at 92.

I started looking at some JRs that haven't hit the two deeps and all I could come up with is Jeff Bowie and Mylinski.
Not 100% sure if some guys have gotten a scholarship or not.

Who are some guys you predict hit the Portal, take a Medical, or get Creaned?

So let’s say I’m a 19-20 year old kid. Getting training table, free school, possibly money from the collective plus the normal stipend student athletes get. Why would I even go to portal? I’m not good enough to get PT here and who knows if lll get picked up at all. Not to mention maybe a worse school, education, no collective… I don’t see how they chase kids away that don’t at least have some hope of playing elsewhere. We don’t want to lose good players and keep crappy ones.

I started looking at some JRs that haven't hit the two deeps and all I could come up with is Jeff Bowie and Mylinski.

Who cares?!? This is an upgrade regardless!!

Reactions: ButtersHawk

No worry. Iowa needs to step up to 2024.

Hey dude…..you ain’t playing.

Rinse repeat.

This is the world we live in now.

debbie-downer-womp-womp.gif

No worry. Iowa needs to step up to 2024.

Hey dude…..you ain’t playing.

Rinse repeat.

This is the world we live in now.
Yeah, the fact is this happens everywhere. Coaching staffs have to have honest conversations with some players about where they sit on the depth charts.

Doesn't mean they have to burn bridges or that they even have to leave the program.

I would bet that if guys were asked to give up their scholarships, that Iowa would work with them to provide more financial assistance to help cover the changes.

To be a Debby downer, Debby is over 100 currently. Sounds like Iowa would like to be active in the spring portal yet as well.

Message board dudes trying to do the math and agonizing about the scholarship situation for the football program is kinda funny. People who matter will figure it out.

Reactions: MelroseMauler
People who care about people

I would agree completely with this argument before NIL. However, college football is professional now. We must protect anyone from being ripped off! That's what it's all about right? Even though countless scholarship players will be run away from D1 programs solely because of NIL. It's a classic progressive train wreck.

Reactions: icwesthawk

Myslinski is still here?

Iowa does not need to honor Dejong a scholly. I would have rather gotten a starting OL out of the portal.

Reactions: sellarsd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT