ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know anyone that's gotten covid lately??

BrianNole777

HB Heisman
Jan 27, 2023
I spent 2 hours in an apartment today with a client who just tested positive for covid. Yikes.

I imagine I'll be shivering by Tuesday. I just got 4 covid tests.

With God's help and my 6 covid vaccines, I hope I'll pull through.

Anyone gotten covid lately?

I spent 2 hours in an apartment today with a client who just tested positive for covid. Yikes.

3 people over the last 2 or 3 weeks. Not affiliated with each other. More folks are testing positive but its not an issue.

Reactions: BrianNole777

Yes several recently in Iowa City, but my social circle has a number of nurses in it so it’s really not surprising.

Honestly, if you've had your shots there really isn't anything to worry about and I'm not sure if there is anything to worry about if you haven't had your shots. I feel like if you were susceptible to dying from it, it would have gotten you by now. I haven't heard anything about death rates from covid recently at all. I have heard that people are still dealing with long covid symptoms though so that might be something to worry about.

Two of my senior softball teammates have confessed to having it in the last month. That’s a team of 13 players but fortunately neither seems to have been a bad case.

I got it in March. Sick with fever for a few days and then a miserable cold for about a week. I thought I weathered it pretty well given my immunosuppressed state.

My brother and his whole family came home from a cruise with it. I went in a month later (hadn’t seen him) with a 102.9 fever and tested positive. Was a rough two days and not great third day. Took the 5 day paxlovid pills.

Please change your handle. You can't be a Nole.

While you are at it, please change your avatar. There's no way you can be Catholic.

Get this: older relatives of mine went to a birthday party at their local Iowa YMCA. A nurse visiting from out of state brought covid with her and infected my 2 relatives and several others who attended this party. One relative has had really bad diarrhea for over 3 weeks and the doctors are continuing to do tests to try to figure out what is going on.

Are you sickly and weak or healthy and strong?

A friend of ours who lives a few blocks away told us yesterday she tested positive.

Pretty sure Mrs. A had it last week, but didn't bother testing, as I'm about the only person she's been exposed to given that we've been in the middle of our move and have spent hours unpacking boxes. Didn't stop her (or me) from riding about 75 miles last week in the Blue Ridge foothills, though she did take a nap afterwards.

Or maybe it was just allergies associated with a new environment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT