ADVERTISEMENT

AOC Throwing Twitter Tantrum over her Pinnochios

49739192_813101469074641_2702357907558629376_n.jpg

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
She is the Trump counterweight. Equally as misinformed on issues and good policy as Trump and spins a populist message to gain political power. The biggest difference, Trump is an old fat white guy racist and ACO is a young, non-racist, hot Puerto Rican who I would like to see nudes of.

AOC, Trump and every other elected official need to stay the F off Twitter while in office.

I think you're the one that is going to have to change. Twitter isn't going away, and Ocasio-Cortez is just the first of many raised in the internet age that will no doubt start getting elected. It's inevitable.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
She is the Trump counterweight. Equally as misinformed on issues and good policy as Trump and spins a populist message to gain political power. The biggest difference, Trump is an old fat white guy racist and ACO is a young, non-racist, hot Puerto Rican who I would like to see nudes of.
She is. Both attention seeking jackasses

Can't wait for 2020 to elect a bunch more AOC into congress and into state government. Republicans have failed in every aspect of governing but not at giving tax give aways to the rich. Fiscal NO Morality NO When immigration fails what can you hang your hat on. White people are dying faster than being replaced.

A tantrum = posting a Salon.com piece explaining the problem with the WaPo fact check rating? Their rating was over the top bad. I get one or two for the missing budget info in her original tweet, but the larger point of budgeting priorities still stands.

OP falls into his fall-back, predictable poutrage thread, attacking a woman in politics.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...for-a-nice-plate-of-crow.254307/#post-5989585

I continue to be intrigued by descriptions of the President as a racist, but don't recall ever seeing direct racist quotes from him that offer real support for that claim...

A tantrum = posting a Salon.com piece explaining the problem with the WaPo fact check rating? Their rating was over the top bad. I get one or two for the missing budget info in her original tweet, but the larger point of budgeting priorities still stands.

OP falls into his fall-back, predictable poutrage thread, attacking a woman in politics.
I think he is "attacking" a person who has chosen to step into a public arena where they willingly subject themselves to all sorts of comments.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...for-a-nice-plate-of-crow.254307/#post-5989585

Menace shows up and goes Menace. Crying because his sacred derp gets exposed for derping and playing the race/ misogyny/ derp card to explain it away.

Can't wait for 2020 to elect a bunch more AOC into congress and into state government. Republicans have failed in every aspect of governing but not at giving tax give aways to the rich. Fiscal NO Morality NO When immigration fails what can you hang your hat on. White people are dying faster than being replaced.
The last sentence of this post could be taken as a racist comment. See how that works?

That's abhorrent of you to say in the context you said it in.

Racist MFs like you suck

Not only are the fact checkers wrong about her lies, but they shouldn't even be checking on her lies. They should only spend time on Trump, Sanders and the GOP. The score is 7,500 Trump lies to 2 of her lies and she still thinks that they are biased against her over Trump.

Just like smoke and fire...where there's crazy eyes, there's crazy.

Presidential.

I know you're "joking" (unless 17 other lefties give you those precious likes)

But why would you want to imitate the biggest jackass to ever control the office? That's certainly not leadership. DRINK

I know you're "joking" (unless 17 other lefties give you those precious likes)

But why would you want to imitate the biggest jackass to ever control the office? That's certainly not leadership. DRINK
You have ratio envy?

Look, AOC has an argument, and given today's media climate, fighting for "brand control" is murky waters.

We've allowed Trump to become the new normal. He can create a false reality through his bully pulpit and complaining about it gets a broken record gif. This is the world we voted for, and AOC has decided to enter it and fight. So far, nothing about her tweets rubs me the wrong way. She admits to making semantical errors and chooses to defend herself against others conflating them into "lies". As painful as this twitter game is to witness (I broadly hate it), one thing Trump has right is that it allows message control. Problem with Trump is his reality is completely invented and malleable to his own interests and pursuits. If AOC becomes guilty of that, then and only then does she deserve to be compared to Trump.

Reactions: Pepperman
I keep telling my lefty friends that the Washington Post has declined in disturbing ways since Bezos took over. I don't know if Bezos is the actual problem, but it seems unlikely to be a coincidence.

This "false equivalency" nonsense is just one of many ways that WaPo has been distorting the truth. Think back to the many, many attacks on Bernie during the 2016 primaries - most of which turned out to be unfounded or gross exaggerations.

That said, AOC needs people to help her keep her eye on the ball, and not fall down the twitterverse rabbit hole.

She tends to be right on the important issues, and I don't really get upset if she puts her foot in her mouth occasionally. But she needs to stay focused on what's important.

The right is really ramping up the smear-and-distortion attacks. It's disturbing - not so much because they are doing it, but because they are so good at it. They certainly don't need help from WaPo.

Reactions: Pepperman
That said, AOC needs people to help her keep her eye on the ball, and not fall down the twitterverse rabbit hole.

She tends to be right on the important issues, and I don't really get upset if she puts her foot in her mouth occasionally. But she needs to stay focused on what's important.

The right is really ramping up the smear-and-distortion attacks. It's disturbing - not so much because they are doing it, but because they are so good at it. They certainly don't need help from WaPo.

This cuts both ways. I don't agree she's right on the important issues, but the rest of this is correct. I am genuinely giving you this like, haha.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT