ADVERTISEMENT

AOC's great advice!!! Economics major, genius!

your_master5

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2002
She's real smart!!! Wonder why this wasn't posted from the libs that say she's awesome and smart!

Is that more outlandish than telling people to drink bleach?
Hopefully by posting things like these quotes people are just trying to say don't repeat the Republican's mistakes. I don't think justifying AOC's stupidity by quoting Trump is that good of a retort these days. I know there are still some idiots that support Trump but I think they are few and far between.... Hope so anyway.

Hopefully by posting things like these quotes people are just trying to say don't repeat the Republican's mistakes. I don't think justifying AOC's stupidity by quoting Trump is that good of a retort these days. I know there are still some idiots that support Trump but I think they are few and far between.... Hope so anyway.

Goodness yes. I am so sick of this. AOC said something that was a pretty stupid idea to me. It had nothing to do with Trump, so why bring him up? We can't use our brains anymore to decide who is a good or bad candidate.

While it’s simplistic and doesn’t “save the USPS” it’s also something that everyone can do and, if it were to catch any footing, can at least help the USPS.

By all means, let’s bash an idea just because it’s not a confusing moonshot.

Does your whole existence revolve around trump? Can you look at any topic without the lense of your tds?

That said, I have no problem with her idea. In fact, I think its a good idea.
Yeah, let's spend $50 million promoting this idea for $5m worth of temporary boost in top-line sales for the Postal Service. Brilliant!

What we should do is charge more for those items being shipped from China via their postal service directly to the USA via Alibaba, Amazon, eBay or one of the other internet sites. The Chinese portion of the shipping is subsidized to the point of being free or even a direct support of sales.

Goodness yes. I am so sick of this. AOC said something that was a pretty stupid idea to me. It had nothing to do with Trump, so why bring him up? We can't use our brains anymore to decide who is a good or bad candidate.

The problem is that the people who most like to point out AOC's stupid statements are almost always defenders of a person who makes a whole litany of even stupider statements.

It would be different if the person doing the complaining was not a supporter of Trump.

Quite frankly I'm all for getting rid of AOC, I havn't hidden how much I think she's in over her head and am not a fan of how she's not a team player. So I'm all for removing all of the people in government who are in over their head. . . But there is a big thing about this whole thing. Trump is in a more powerful office than AOC and he's even dumber than AOC and even further in over his head. So for me I'm more focused on the bigger problems rather than the little problems. AOC is ultimately only one of 435 house representatives and doesn't even head up any committee's to my knowledge. So comparing her to Trump is like comparing a goldfish to a blue whale.

Yeah, let's spend $50 million promoting this idea for $5m worth of temporary boost in top-line sales for the Postal Service. Brilliant!

What we should do is charge more for those items being shipped from China via their postal service directly to the USA via Alibaba, Amazon, eBay or one of the other internet sites. The Chinese portion of the shipping is subsidized to the point of being free or even a direct support of sales.

I guess I didn't see what exactly her plan is, so if thats what she's talking about nevermind. However I don't see a problem with doing things to generate extra revenue. Something needs to be done. I disagree completely with trump on the usps.

BTW, I do my part for the Post Office. Whenever I get a credit card offer (several a week) with a prepaid return envelope, I usually send that back empty.

Reactions: HawCory
While it’s simplistic and doesn’t “save the USPS” it’s also something that everyone can do and, if it were to catch any footing, can at least help the USPS.

By all means, let’s bash an idea just because it’s not a confusing moonshot.
They aren't bashing the idea.

Reactions: Rudolph
AOC shunned Biden/Harris and seconded the nomination for Sanders.

She is going to feel the DNC wrath when it's campaign $$$ time....

Ohhh Trad, that's not exactly what happened. Dnc rules stipulate Sanders gets nominated because he passed the 300 delegate threshold.

Reactions: BelemNole
She's real smart!!! Wonder why this wasn't posted from the libs that say she's awesome and smart!

She floated an idea. She asked if people liked it or not. It sounds like she is cool with getting feedback and that openness to discussion is not stupid.

I personally dont think its a workable solution. The nice thing is that I dont have to worry about her pushing it through legislation. Her floating an idea like this not consequential or dangerous in any way at all, so why act like it is?

Politicians acting in this manner should be encouraged, not discouraged IMO.

A strategy to help the USPS that involves private money and not a public bailout.

I don't know if it will work, but Republicans can appreciate the approach, no?

Reactions: THE_DEVIL

There is is, right on time. Instead of discussing the topic at hand, point over there. And yes, telling people to drink bleach is baaaaaad.

Now back to the topic at hand if you can handle it?

Ohhh Trad, that's not exactly what happened. Dnc rules stipulate Sanders gets nominated because he passed the 300 delegate threshold.

Thank you for clarifying that. I do not usually watch the conventions, but have this year due to my dislike for Trump. I was very confused by the nomination process and thought it was a waste of time to go through each state individually. It did give me a slight hope that Trump may not receive the Republican nomination if there is a similar process during the RNC. I do not think any other candidates passed the 300 level unfortunately.

AOC shunned Biden/Harris and seconded the nomination for Sanders.

She is going to feel the DNC wrath when it's campaign $$$ time....

Isn't this kind of the entire story right now?

The Dems aren't being kowtowed by their far-left fringe groups; on the other side of the aisle, the GOP is literally being run by theirs.

If the racism and bigotry of the far right ain't your thing, then you should probably stop electing Republicans until they get the wheels back on the car, and kick that element out of their party.

There is is, right on time. Instead of discussing the topic at hand, point over there. And yes, telling people to drink bleach is baaaaaad.

Now back to the topic at hand if you can handle it?

Only if OP is making the thread in good faith and not running out to support Trump in November.

The problem with these threads is that they arn't in good faith, just like the "Biden is losing his mind" threads.

If you are worried about people in government being in over their head, if that's really your concern. . . AOC is kind of a ridiculously small problem to worry about right now.

I will say it again I do think AOC is in over her head and I would prefer someone else replace her. A team player who knows what they are doing.

But she's a tiny goldfish next to the blue whale that is Donald Trump and somehow several people on here ignore the blue whale while complaining about the goldfish.

I mean this is like Donald Trump complaining about the sexual morals of Kamala Harris. Which is something that I am certain he's totally going to do despite the fact that he's cheated on all 3 of his wives.

Amazing how triggered some of our posters get by a 1st term congresswoman from NY.
Pandemic, oh well, Usps being used as a political pawn, Oh well, Election interference by other Countries, No biggie, But that damn woman from NY.......

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Only if OP is making the thread in good faith and not running out to support Trump in November.

The problem with these threads is that they arn't in good faith, just like the "Biden is losing his mind" threads.

If you are worried about people in government being in over their head, if that's really your concern. . . AOC is kind of a ridiculously small problem to worry about right now.

I will say it again I do think AOC is in over her head and I would prefer someone else replace her. A team player who knows what they are doing.

But she's a tiny goldfish next to the blue whale that is Donald Trump and somehow several people on here ignore the blue whale while complaining about the goldfish.

Agreed, but it wouldn't matter if the thread was started in good faith. We'd be seeing the same responses.

Agreed, but it wouldn't matter if the thread was started in good faith. We'd be seeing the same responses.

I'm not sure. If I said Trump obviously needs to go but here is the reason I don't like AOC or think AOC is in over her head, I think the discussion would be fairly different at least between the non-trump supporters. I've had those sorts of discussions about the relative merits of AOC without referencing Trump.

But I also have a long history on here of opposing Trump.

get

No, but it shouldn't be excused either.

AOC is naive. The only reason Republicans love to highlight her, though, is it helps (in their minds at least) deflect from the plethora of dumb shit Trump says.

The difference is Democrats didn't nominate her for POTUS.

Reactions: silasstarr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT