ADVERTISEMENT

Are you better off today than 4 years ago?

Well that was in March of 2020 and the DOW went up 50% from there for the rest of 2020. So the meme is looking for gullible rubes. But I'm still better than 4 years ago.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Lol the average American pays nearly 800 dollars a more per month for the same number of goods they bought 4 years ago. My property tax alone went up over 250 bucks a month thanks to inflation and the housing market. Whatever you believe your 401k is worth, that number buys 30% less than it would have when trump was in office btw

i haven't checked in ages but i'm pretty sure that my 401k hasn't doubled or come close in the last 4 years. in retrospect looks like it should've been cake, all one had to do is put money in index. i still screwed up. am i the only one?

Lol the average American pays nearly 800 dollars a more per month for the same number of goods they bought 4 years ago. My property tax alone went up over 250 bucks a month thanks to inflation and the housing market. Whatever you believe your 401k is worth, that number buys 30% less than it would have when trump was in office btw

Sounds like a you problem. Lots of money to have been made in the last four years. Far beyond inflation.

Sounds like a you problem. Lots of money to have been made in the last four years.
Sounds like an 800 dollar per month problem to the average American given the first sentence there. Did you really get lost that quickly?

Link? How much more income are Americans making?

You're a shill.

I just saw a note on FB that said 4 years ago the DOW closed somewhere over 19k and the other day it closed at over 38k….
So using Donald Trump and MAGA logic, I guess I am better off today than 4 years ago.

Thank-you, Joe! ;)
Adjusted for inflation, there is no chance over half the country is better off now. The rich got richer, much richer. The poor got poorer, and the middle class got smaller, as many have been pushed down by reduced purchasing power and persistently stagnant wages.

The real kicker is that it wouldn’t have been much different with Donnie as he would have printed a ton of money too.

You got lost from the OP. He asked about you. Not the average American.

You suck at this. Bad.
I included a personal example in the following sentence, so thank you for confirming that you did in fact get lost in the first sentence.
Link? How much more income are Americans making?

You're a shill.

My source is the chief economist for moody's analytics. You're an idiot.

Reactions: 3ZSDAD
I’m not even sure why anyone needs to track any finances. The DOW says I have enough money. That’s all I need.
I mean most peoples bank statement would say otherwise but what does that matter.

Pepsi btw. If you want to read through a bunch of previous lies about this subject.

Thread 'NBC News: Are you better off than you were four years ago?'
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...tter-off-than-you-were-four-years-ago.445791/

Last edited:
Reactions: beanerhawk
Rico not know how to read good. Rico not follow question. Rico not able to answer on topic. Rico where denim shorts to beach.
Hawki97 is a mouth breather, he not know how to breathe thru nose.

lamdhbuhez361.png

Financially, absolutely. Business has been very good for accountants the last few years, especially those of us who spent some time & learned how to assist business clients with the various covid-related government programs. It was extremely profitable work. My real estate holdings have appreciated in value significantly, my stock/bond/mutual fund investments have also appreciated substantially. What debt I have has been paid down by four years of principal payments & are at rates so low that I have no desire to pay extra principal on them. As far as unrecorded liabilities - things I know I'll be paying even though there's not a legally enforcable requirement to do so - four years ago one kid was just about to start college & the other was just entering high school; now the older will be entering his senior year at FSU, the younger has one year of college done, so that debt is substantially less.

Personally, I've lost 10+ yards off the driver & even worse, percentage-wise, with middle & long irons, which sucks. As PF says, "The sun is the same in a relative way, but I'm older. Shorter of breath, and four years closer to death."

I included a personal example in the following sentence, so thank you for confirming that you did in fact get lost in the first sentence.

Your determining whether you're better off or not depends solely on your property taxes?

spit-take.gif

Nevermind what I said. You're actually REALLY bad at this. Take the L broseph.

I just saw a note on FB that said 4 years ago the DOW closed somewhere over 19k and the other day it closed at over 38k….
So using Donald Trump and MAGA logic, I guess I am better off today than 4 years ago.

Thank-you, Joe! ;)
My financial situation improves each year. 2024 is the best I've ever been, but I was also seeing the exact same financial growth 8 years ago...it's just been increasing regardless of who's sitting in the oval office.

Most definitely. Not necessarily as a result of who's president because I create my own success, but stockholdings in my company have grown 10-fold in value, my retirement account shows steady growth and my wage has increase significantly. My home value is close to seven figures and I owe less than $300K on a 2.72 percent loan.

This just shows what a fool you are. Your source is a tweet from an anonymous poster. Zandi made that estimation a year ago. He's on record now talking about how the plan is close to "on script" and positive.

You're an ignorant shill.

June's Consumer Price Index (CPI) brought good news for the Federal Reserve as inflation cooled more than expected. Moody's Analytics chief economist Mark Zandi joins Morning Brief to break down the print and what it tells investors about the housing market.

"It was pretty close to script even a little bit better than script. It shows that inflation is moderating steadily, coming back into the Federal Reserve's target," Zandi says of the print. He explains that an often overlooked inflation measure is "harmonized CPI," that excludes the implicit cost of home ownership, and that figure has been at the Fed's target reccently. He adds that overall, "If we're not at target by any measure, it's in clear view. It's dead ahead and all the trend lines look pretty good." With the soft landing in sight, he expects the first rate cut to come in September as more economic data rolls in.

The average American is worse off according to all legitimate economists.

It's very possible.

The average American isn't doing very well, never has. The average American doesn't have hardly anything in savings and has a bunch of credit card debt.

I'm just glad I'm not the average American.

I'm not rich but I'm certainly above average.

Living below my means helps a ton.

Adjusted for inflation, there is no chance over half the country is better off now. The rich got richer, much richer. The poor got poorer, and the middle class got smaller, as many have been pushed down by reduced purchasing power and persistently stagnant wages.

The real kicker is that it wouldn’t have been much different with Donnie as he would have printed a ton of money too.

I would agree with pretty much all of this.

Donald trump Did more press conferences in the first month of covid than Biden has during his entire presidency. What a stupid ****ing take.
I watched DT speak for hours daily along with the so-called experts during covid press conferences, usually around midday.

Which rate would you want to pay on a home loan? Today's rate or 4 years ago rate?

Right now I buy property with cash if the right opportunity presents itself.

Edit to add: And if you're paying attention, those opportunities are starting to present themselves. The buyer's market is starting to come back although it would be nice if it came on a little quicker. The questions to ask oneself is did/are you position yourself well to take advantage?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Better financially than 4 years ago. Inflation has hurt, but, it also is part of the stock market increase.

Has nothing to do with who the President it. which is almost all of my life

Reactions: CaboKP
Bullshit!
Folks who bought homes in the past 3 yrs. Or so, oergaps because of rate increases…but scruffy, the rest is bulkshit..
In fact, I just quick reviewed our expenses to 4 years ago, and I am spending LESS per month for food, utilities, taxes, gasoline and housing..come over and I’ll show you my books.

• Haha
Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Bullshit!
Folks who bought homes in the past 3 yrs. Or so, oergaps because of rate increases…but scruffy, the rest is bulkshit..
In fact, I just quick reviewed our expenses to 4 years ago, and I am spending LESS per month for food, utilities, taxes, gasoline and housing..come over and I’ll show you my books.
That's not what he heard on Fox Opinion Network.

Reactions: TheCainer
Yep...who can forget animal wormer and bleach...then throw in a little Lysol.

Good times!
Imagine calling ivermectin horse dewormer in 2024 and thinking you're on the intellectual side of an argument 😂😂😂

Let me guess, you still think the clot shot prevents the spread of covid too, don't you? 🤣😅

Reactions: NoWokeBloke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT