ADVERTISEMENT

Are you better off today than 4 years ago?

Sorry you're poor and rely on Uncle Sam to get by. I'm way better off than I was 4 years ago through my own hard work, living within our means and not relying on the government for things.
How did you enjoy that supercut video of everyone saying what you claimed nobody said about the clot shots? That's cool that 30% less buying power means nothing to you and it's actually everyone else's fault for complaining about poor policy. That's going to be a real strong message for you in November.

Sounds like you should be getting taxed more then. I thought Trump was the one cutting all the rich people tax breaks.
It’s weird a bunch of you want the wealth to be taxed more yet you have no problem bragging that you made more money the last 4 years while the non wealthy have made less money.
Go back through my posting history. I have stated repeatedly that I am not opposed to reversing those tax breaks, despite the fact we've been beneficiaries. I sincerely believe that those of us who have been fortunate enough to generate wealth by living in the greatest country on earth have a moral and practical responsibility to contribute at a higher rate than those less fortunate. It is the premise behind progressive taxation and I'm a believer in that.

Go back through my posting history. I have stated repeatedly that I am not opposed to reversing those tax breaks, despite the fact we've been beneficiaries. I sincerely believe that those of us who have been fortunate enough to generate wealth by living in the greatest country on earth have a moral and practical responsibility to contribute at a higher rate than those less fortunate. It is the premise behind progressive taxation and I'm a believer in that.
Die.......

Sounds like you should be getting taxed more then. I thought Trump was the one cutting all the rich people tax breaks.
It’s weird a bunch of you want the wealth to be taxed more yet you have no problem bragging that you made more money the last 4 years while the non wealthy have made less money.
He certainly has…. My tax rate has fallen considerably !

I am getting taxed more. It's great.

You're a loser who is complaining that you haven't been able to keep up.

Depends on the metrics:

- My 401k has grown commensurate with the market but that is all unrealized gains.

- I earn more but I should be earning more as I reach my prime-earning years

- Inflation is calculated to be about 20% higher compared to four years ago in my area

- The world is more unstable today than four years ago

- The first fentanyl overdose death in my son’s school happened in 2021. The second and third came shortly thereafter.

- In 2020, I could call my doctor’s office and get an appointment within 24 hrs probably 90% of the time. Today, they make you call a service in India to schedule and last time I called to get seen for an antibiotic they said the next appointment was a month out

- My elderly father’s doctor retired and sold his practice to a young doctor who rarely sees patients and only has a staff of nurse practitioners

- Dinner out for four at my regular family tavern with a round of drinks could be done for $55 in 2020. Now it is $80+

- College costs have not come down (risen above rate of inflation past four years)

BUT, MY 401K HAS GROWN SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!
Ask yourself why everything you refer to regarding healthcare costs more.
It is no longer health care. It is the healthcare privatized healthcare SYSTEM.

Ask yourself why everything you refer to regarding healthcare costs more.
It is no longer health care. It is the healthcare privatized healthcare SYSTEM.
Okay, but I’d argue it is less privatized since we have expanded Medicare/Medicaid and the gov’t run health exchanges. So there is more public money in the system than ever before.

dumb-and-dumber-uh.gif

I’m not a poor

I don’t wanna be “rich”….I’d settle knowing my kids and grandkids will be living in an America that still has a Constitution..
Gimme a cheap cigar, cheap bourbon and access to a golf course…that’s all I need.

I prefer a good cigar, good bourbon, unfettered access to the open road, and the Constitution.

The last 2 are in jeopardy with the Orange Turd's reelection.

Depends on the metrics:

- My 401k has grown commensurate with the market but that is all unrealized gains.

- I earn more but I should be earning more as I reach my prime-earning years

- Inflation is calculated to be about 20% higher compared to four years ago in my area

- The world is more unstable today than four years ago

- The first fentanyl overdose death in my son’s school happened in 2021. The second and third came shortly thereafter.

- In 2020, I could call my doctor’s office and get an appointment within 24 hrs probably 90% of the time. Today, they make you call a service in India to schedule and last time I called to get seen for an antibiotic they said the next appointment was a month out

- My elderly father’s doctor retired and sold his practice to a young doctor who rarely sees patients and only has a staff of nurse practitioners

- Dinner out for four at my regular family tavern with a round of drinks could be done for $55 in 2020. Now it is $80+

- College costs have not come down (risen above rate of inflation past four years)

BUT, MY 401K HAS GROWN SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!
How'd your 401k do at the end of 2023?

I have not recovered this year what I lost last year. Hoping to recover what was lost to be back to end of year 2022 amount.

moi? sorry, I got the “numbers” to show/prove it. And my numbers are probably more accurate than the numbers you are using. Sorry, whiskey…just the facts sir….just the facts. Mist post here is every bit as honest and forthright as the OPs.
What's your current tax rate? Mine is 32% retired. Answer that one question and most accountants and Whiskey will know for sure how much you are fibbing. Gas, meat, groceries in general, healthcare, automobiles, all have risen substantially in the last three years. If your income is keeping up with that you are above me in tax brackets.
One of my investments is in Miami and has a 450 gal gas tank. Do the math on premium fuel from three four years ago to now. That MTI boat has had a considerable profit loss because of fuel costs alone.

Wow is all I can say. Ill ask what your tax rate is like I did someone else. So you want to contribute 40% of that wealth and have no ability to pass that wealth to your kids?

Our kids are going to do just fine, lol.
I'd be interested to see what your wife actually thought about this after giving away 50% of her income a year. Me thinks this is one of those "yea we would gladly.do it" until it comes time to doing it.

Gotta love that C-suite money, amirite, Torbs?

She’s far, far more liberal than I am.
Until someone takes her money past the point of her being able to say stop.

Torbs, you live in a gated home far above the median of your area, you drive an m4, your low key bougey as shit, you are dem because you like the idea. The moment your wife had to deal with CEO stress and take home director of HR money, she'd vote the other way.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Until someone takes her money past the point of her being able to say stop.

Torbs, you live in a gated home far above the median of your area, you drive an m4, your low key bougey as shit, you are dem because you like the idea. The moment your wife had to deal with CEO stress and take home director of HR money, she'd vote the other way.
I’m sure she appreciates you telling her what she thinks and what she will do 😂

You guys REALLY suck at understanding women and it’s going to cost conservatives yet another election.

Reactions: nelly02
Link? How much more income are Americans making?

You're a shill.
Retirees on fixed incomes aren’t making more, yet all their costs go up too. If the border isn’t closed soon, with all the resultant increases in health care costs, education, housing etc., real inflation won’t be going down. Americans aren’t better off economically or security wise (both in this country & worldwide), then they were four years ago.

Retirees on fixed incomes aren’t making more, yet all their costs go up too. If the border isn’t closed soon, with all the resultant increases in health care costs, education, housing etc., real inflation won’t be going down. Americans aren’t better off economically or security wise (both in this country & worldwide), then they were four years ago.
Not true.
COLA increase in Social Security and doubling of interest rates on fixed income investments have sustained seniors who generally own homes or farmland that have appreciated tremendously in recent years.

Retirees who are invested even moderately are doing very well. Most Americans are making more money with the low wage earners having very good gains. Wages have been exceeding inflation for some time now. Violent crime is down as well.

Your a shill for the fear propaganda you get from the far right.

You lost money in 2023? WTF were you invested in - the S&P went up 24% that year?
I was curious about that too, a quick look tells me my retirement investments went up just over 31% in '23. 2022 was a different story, but more than gained back in '23.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT