ADVERTISEMENT

Are you better off today than 4 years ago?

Hawki97 is a mouth breather, he not know how to breathe thru nose.

lamdhbuhez361.png

Rico forget to log out sometimes. Rico not like that man make fun of him on his other account with ricky gervais. Rico try to return favor. Rico idea kinda lame. Rico keep going though because he can't be better. Rico sad.

Imagine calling ivermectin horse dewormer in 2024 and thinking you're on the intellectual side of an argument 😂😂😂

Let me guess, you still think the clot shot prevents the spread of covid too, don't you? 🤣😅
It's a product used to treat some conditions potentially caused by worms.

Goddamn, you're stupid

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
That's not what he heard on Fox Opinion Network.
Does a cnn article work for you.

A person making $20 an hour would have had to receive over a 20% pay raise to cover that expense.
I don’t know too many people getting that kind of pay increase. It’s pretty hard to make up over $8000 when you aren’t making much to begin with.

Rico forget to log out sometimes. Rico not like that man make fun of him on his other account with ricky gervais. Rico try to return favor. Rico idea kinda lame. Rico keep going though because he can't be better. Rico sad.
Cut Rico some slack...he bought DJT stock @ $75 and the current price is around $31.

Rico's spouse ain't happy and told him to get a 3rd job.

I just saw a note on FB that said 4 years ago the DOW closed somewhere over 19k and the other day it closed at over 38k….
So using Donald Trump and MAGA logic, I guess I am better off today than 4 years ago.

Thank-you, Joe! ;)
Obviously yes. Everybody is. We were in throngs of covid and a recession and ineffectual leadership. 2024 >>>>>> 2020

Cut Rico some slack...he bought DJT stock @ $75 and the current price is around $31.

Rico's spouse ain't happy and told him to get a 3rd job.

Rico had to sell gold chain to make spouse happy. Rico paid $500. Rico found out it made of fake gold and only got $3. Rico wonder why it turn skin green.

Reactions: MitchLL
Does a cnn article work for you.

A person making $20 an hour would have had to receive over a 20% pay raise to cover that expense.
I don’t know too many people getting that kind of pay increase. It’s pretty hard to make up over $8000 when you aren’t making much to begin with.
You didn't read the article, did you?

Adjusted for inflation, there is no chance over half the country is better off now. The rich got richer, much richer. The poor got poorer, and the middle class got smaller, as many have been pushed down by reduced purchasing power and persistently stagnant wages.

The real kicker is that it wouldn’t have been much different with Donnie as he would have printed a ton of money too.
The “richer” have been getting richer ever since Reaganimics, Reagan/Junior/Trump tax rates have been in effect… the poor have been getting poorer, coincidently in the same time frame. The largest shift in American economics since “trickle down economics” has been the move from middle class to a lower economic class.

The “richer” have been getting richer ever since Reaganimics, Reagan/Junior/Trump tax rates have been in effect… the poor have been getting poorer, coincidently in the same time frame. The largest shift in American economics since “trickle down economics” has been the move from middle class to a lower economic class.
What were democrats doing for those couple of decades mixed in there then?

Pretty sure I'm in way better shape now because I bought a bunch of the Trump Bucks for really cheap and after the election I'm told they will be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars at any bank. I also have an in the box set of action figures and 12 pairs of the fancy gold shoes. I'm pretty much set for retirement now.

Reactions: chubby bunny
Bullshit!
Folks who bought homes in the past 3 yrs. Or so, oergaps because of rate increases…but scruffy, the rest is bulkshit..
In fact, I just quick reviewed our expenses to 4 years ago, and I am spending LESS per month for food, utilities, taxes, gasoline and housing..come over and I’ll show you my books.
You are 100% full of shit.

I just saw a note on FB that said 4 years ago the DOW closed somewhere over 19k and the other day it closed at over 38k….
So using Donald Trump and MAGA logic, I guess I am better off today than 4 years ago.

Thank-you, Joe! ;)
Depends on the metrics:

- My 401k has grown commensurate with the market but that is all unrealized gains.

- I earn more but I should be earning more as I reach my prime-earning years

- Inflation is calculated to be about 20% higher compared to four years ago in my area

- The world is more unstable today than four years ago

- The first fentanyl overdose death in my son’s school happened in 2021. The second and third came shortly thereafter.

- In 2020, I could call my doctor’s office and get an appointment within 24 hrs probably 90% of the time. Today, they make you call a service in India to schedule and last time I called to get seen for an antibiotic they said the next appointment was a month out

- My elderly father’s doctor retired and sold his practice to a young doctor who rarely sees patients and only has a staff of nurse practitioners

- Dinner out for four at my regular family tavern with a round of drinks could be done for $55 in 2020. Now it is $80+

- College costs have not come down (risen above rate of inflation past four years)

BUT, MY 401K HAS GROWN SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

moi? sorry, I got the “numbers” to show/prove it. And my numbers are probably more accurate than the numbers you are using. Sorry, whiskey…just the facts sir….just the facts. Mist post here is every bit as honest and forthright as the OPs.
Your anecdotes are cute. Meanwhile, every measure of inflation and consumer pricing shows all those things you listed, except taxes, to be significantly higher than four years ago. Glad you found the cheat codes, you could probably be a wealthy many charging a nominal fee for your inflation busting secrets.

Lol the average American pays nearly 800 dollars a more per month for the same number of goods they bought 4 years ago. My property tax alone went up over 250 bucks a month thanks to inflation and the housing market. Whatever you believe your 401k is worth, that number buys 30% less than it would have when trump was in office btw

You're listing your home going up in value as a reason why you're worse off now than 4 years ago?

Reactions: RileyHawk

Thank-you, Joe! ;)
By a fair margin, yes.

Doing well professionally - both 9 to 5 job and freelance work.

And Mrs. Torbee's company had it's most profitable year in more than 25 years as well.

Imagine calling ivermectin horse dewormer in 2024 and thinking you're on the intellectual side of an argument 😂😂😂

Let me guess, you still think the clot shot prevents the spread of covid too, don't you? 🤣😅

It was never claimed to stop the spread of COVID, it's purpose was to keep you out of the hospital or morgue. Are you seriously this misinformed or just willfully ignorant? I await your reply where you will attempt to insult me and deflect from answering my question.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke
I don’t know how people are saving on food or gas from 4 years ago as prices seem higher to me. OTOH, inflation has gotten me great gov’t colas, so I’m not complaining.

Depends on the metrics:

- My 401k has grown commensurate with the market but that is all unrealized gains.

- I earn more but I should be earning more as I reach my prime-earning years

- Inflation is calculated to be about 20% higher compared to four years ago in my area

- The world is more unstable today than four years ago

- The first fentanyl overdose death in my son’s school happened in 2021. The second and third came shortly thereafter.

- In 2020, I could call my doctor’s office and get an appointment within 24 hrs probably 90% of the time. Today, they make you call a service in India to schedule and last time I called to get seen for an antibiotic they said the next appointment was a month out

- My elderly father’s doctor retired and sold his practice to a young doctor who rarely sees patients and only has a staff of nurse practitioners

- Dinner out for four at my regular family tavern with a round of drinks could be done for $55 in 2020. Now it is $80+

- College costs have not come down (risen above rate of inflation past four years)

BUT, MY 401K HAS GROWN SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!
You seem to have a lot of personal problems and demons you are battling here.
Post Covid gas ushered in a lot changes for us all. Wages have increased especially for many “entry level” workers….Supply chain issues followed the return to normalcy following Covid….however oroducts that raised (construction materials) in price never really dropped in price once the “supply chain” was restored…
I retired a little over 10 years ago and fentanyl was becoming a real problem here in DSM at that time…in fact there were “hospital related” scandals back then….Your blaming Democrats and Biden for business models being used by private practice doctors in their professional practice? Interesting.. The world has always been @more unsafe now than it was a few years ago”….back in my day it was the Berlin Wall, Cuban missiles and Vietnam Nam…. Now it’s a lot stuff but it will always be that way…
College costs are crazy…but they have been for a long, long time…what’s the answer’ (Trade schools!)
All these issues you mention have been front burner stuff for 40-50 years…. But now you are blaming Biden and the Democrats solely! You don’t think the last couple of rounds of tax cuts have added to inflationary pressures? Trump was awfully damn generous in increasing the size of the nations debt too… another fact you conveniently managed to avoid.

Thank-you, Joe! ;)
GIF by Saturday Night Live

It was never claimed to stop the spread of COVID, it's purpose was to keep you out of the hospital or morgue. Are you seriously this misinformed or just willfully ignorant? I await your reply where you will attempt to insult me and deflect from answering my question.

Huh that sure is weird, here is a video of Joe Biden, Anthony Fauci, Rachelle Walenski (head of cdc), and others all saying exactly that. REVISIONIST HISTORY MUCH?

Reactions: NoWokeBloke
You're listing your home going up in value as a reason why you're worse off now than 4 years ago?
Yes, inflation has made everything more expensive and us worse off as a direct result. Keep up, dingus.

You seem to have a lot of personal problems and demons you are battling here.
Post Covid gas ushered in a lot changes for us all. Wages have increased especially for many “entry level” workers….Supply chain issues followed the return to normalcy following Covid….however oroducts that raised (construction materials) in price never really dropped in price once the “supply chain” was restored…
I retired a little over 10 years ago and fentanyl was becoming a real problem here in DSM at that time…in fact there were “hospital related” scandals back then….Your blaming Democrats and Biden for business models being used by private practice doctors in their professional practice? Interesting.. The world has always been @more unsafe now than it was a few years ago”….back in my day it was the Berlin Wall, Cuban missiles and Vietnam Nam…. Now it’s a lot stuff but it will always be that way…
College costs are crazy…but they have been for a long, long time…what’s the answer’ (Trade schools!)
All these issues you mention have been front burner stuff for 40-50 years…. But now you are blaming Biden and the Democrats solely! You don’t think the last couple of rounds of tax cuts have added to inflationary pressures? Trump was awfully damn generous in increasing the size of the nations debt too… another fact you conveniently managed to avoid.
I didn’t assign blame to anyone, just the 4 year timeframe that you suggested. Put your thicker readers on Joel.

You started the thread and are surprised that someone had a different perspective than yours? The internet might not be the best place for your old ass. Go clean the duck shit out of your pool!

• Haha
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
You want a clear example of why politics on this board are stupid, look at this thread.
Every democrat is better off today and every republican was better off 4 years ago.
If that truly is the case, we must have a democratic dictator in place at the moment.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
You want a clear example of why politics on this board are stupid, look at this thread.
Every democrat is better off today and every republican was better off 4 years ago.
If that truly is the case, we must have a democratic dictator in place at the moment.
Or one side is lying.

And one side has a much longer track record of that. :)

Or one side is lying.

And one side has a much longer track record of that. :)
Which is why I said this is a clear example of why politics on this board are stupid regardless which side is lying. That’s all it is, lies.

Your anecdotes are cute. Meanwhile, every measure of inflation and consumer pricing shows all those things you listed, except taxes, to be significantly higher than four years ago. Glad you found the cheat codes, you could probably be a wealthy many charging a nominal fee for your inflation busting secrets.
I don’t wanna be “rich”….I’d settle knowing my kids and grandkids will be living in an America that still has a Constitution..
Gimme a cheap cigar, cheap bourbon and access to a golf course…that’s all I need.

Reactions: torbee
Yes, doing 100 times better. Wife and I have increased our income by about 30% in that time and our retirement plans are through the roof. My 50's are going to be awesome. Sorry about any of you Fing poors.

Thank-you, Joe! ;)
You're a dumb phucker....COVID must have eaten your brain! 🤣

Well you don't have to believe me, but we are most definitely doing better now than four years ago - financially and mentally. 🤷‍♂️
Sounds like you should be getting taxed more then. I thought Trump was the one cutting all the rich people tax breaks.
It’s weird a bunch of you want the wealth to be taxed more yet you have no problem bragging that you made more money the last 4 years while the non wealthy have made less money.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Yes, inflation has made everything more expensive and us worse off as a direct result. Keep up, dingus.
Sorry you're poor and rely on Uncle Sam to get by. I'm way better off than I was 4 years ago through my own hard work, living within our means and not relying on the government for things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT