ADVERTISEMENT

Are you better off today than 4 years ago?

Not true.
COLA increase in Social Security and doubling of interest rates on fixed income investments have sustained seniors who generally own homes or farmland that have appreciated tremendously in recent years.
Those COLAs were quite small, and what about retirees who haven’t taken SS yet? Home appreciation and appreciation in farmland (if you’re fortunate to own farmland) do not increase someone’s liquidity…until they decide to sell such assets and realize a gain.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Retirees who are invested even moderately are doing very well. Most Americans are making more money with the low wage earners having very good gains. Wages have been exceeding inflation for some time now. Violent crime is down as well.

Your a shill for the fear propaganda you get from the far right.
Nope…just a retiree on a fixed income.

• Haha
Those COLAs were quite small, and what about retirees who haven’t taken SS yet? Home appreciation and appreciation in farmland (if you’re fortunate to own farmland) do not increase someone’s liquidity…until they decide to sell such assets and realize a gain.

The SS COLA the last few years has been:
2022 5.9%
2023 8.7% (the highest in over 40 years)
2024 3.2%

so not really small, though having a high COLA is certainly not something anyone would brag about, because there's only one way it is high - and that's if inflation is high.

Current projection for 2025 is a little over 2.6%

How'd your 401k do at the end of 2023?

I have not recovered this year what I lost last year. Hoping to recover what was lost to be back to end of year 2022 amount.

Uhhhhhhhh. Fire whomever your financial advisor is if your 2023 was shit. You could have been blindfolded and used the dart board method and still come out ahead last year.

Ask yourself why everything you refer to regarding healthcare costs more.
It is no longer health care. It is the healthcare privatized healthcare SYSTEM.

The economy has grown. Everything costs more. It ain't the 60's no more.

I made $1.25/hour mowing a township cemetery in high school and was delighted.

Our county seat hospital is pretty much state of the art high tech with all the whizz bang equipment. This comes at price which is shared regionally no doubt

The economy has grown. Everything costs more. It ain't the 60's no more.

I made $1.25/hour mowing a township cemetery in high school and was delighted.

Our county seat hospital is pretty much state of the art high tech with all the whizz bang equipment. This comes at price which is shared regionally no doubt
Does your hospital serve all whom enter at affordable prices?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT