ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Men's Basketball has at least $5 Million Each Year for NIL to Pay its Players

Be that as it may, this is the current landscape of college athletics. You either have to play the game or get left in the dust. Here at Iowa, we love that gritty sensation on our molars and in our eyes.
Iowa has been to the Final 4 one time in the last 44 years.

Haven't played a second weekend game in 25 years.

We aren't exactly relevant in the grand college basketball landscape, man.

Iowa has been to the Final 4 one time in the last 44 years.

Haven't played a second weekend game in 25 years.

We aren't exactly relevant in the grand college basketball landscape, man.
What, what? We’re not?

…..what are you even talking about?

Title IX lawyers would line up.

Women's Crew is proof.
Overall scholarship opportunities must be roughly equal in women’s and men’s sports. I don’t think that there is a requirement that each individual player receive the same pay.

What, what? We’re not?

…..what are you even talking about?
You said, "you either play the game, or get left in the dust." Then something about teeth.

I was just pointing out the obvious; showing why Iowa is more than likely never going to compete on a high level (elite 8 and beyond) again. Not even an outlier year before we all die.

I'd be happy with a Sweet 16, ans even that is as fleeting as a solar eclipse.

NIL has ruined college sports in record time
It might be time to question the value of athletics at schools. One of the major benefits was scholarships that allowed students to get an education that they could not otherwise obtain. Now it has turned into semi(?)pro leagues.

Well that’s actually peanuts compared to NBA total team roster salaries; where the salary cap is $136,000,000 and teams can go over that.

Obviously NBA is the best of the best.

$136,000,000 vs $5,000,000

What’s this tell me?? In one sense it tells me college athletes are just scratching the surface for what they could get paid.
LOL this is your take.... I still say this will ruin college athletics. The erosion has already started. Schools will now start corporate sponsorships, people will care less about their players, the olympic sports get flushed; it will be a steady decline over the next decade unless there are rules put in place.
There are very few college players worth more than their scholarship. very very few. I think money should come directly from the NCAA to pay all americans in their sport. Sports can be tiered based on popularity. You also pay academic all americans. The rest can live off their measly $75-100k per year jobs.
No body watches the G league. If these players really had worth past that of their school the gleauge and xfl would pay well. They don't. Case closed.

Reactions: SPECTRE
LOL this is your take.... I still say this will ruin college athletics. The erosion has already started. Schools will now start corporate sponsorships, people will care less about their players, the olympic sports get flushed; it will be a steady decline over the next decade unless there are rules put in place.
There are very few college players worth more than their scholarship. very very few. I think money should come directly from the NCAA to pay all americans in their sport. Sports can be tiered based on popularity. You also pay academic all americans. The rest can live off their measly $75-100k per year jobs.
No body watches the G league. If these players really had worth past that of their school the gleauge and xfl would pay well. They don't. Case closed.
Uhhh you are a freaking moron .. do you not realize the G league is lower level competition compared to the NBA?. You freaking retard. College basketball, D1, is the highest level of competition right now for the age range and those schools and teams have been around for 100+ years. You don’t think that has value??

No shit the G Leavue doesn’t draw compared to the NBA. Guess you forgot that major detail, ******

You said,you either play the game, or get left in the dust." Then something about teeth.

I was just pointing out the obvious; showing why Iowa is more than likely never going to compete on a high level (elite 8 and beyond) again. Not even an outlier year before we all die.

I'd be happy with a Sweet 16, ans even that is as fleeting as a solar eclipse.
200w.gif

Overall scholarship opportunities must be roughly equal in women’s and men’s sports. I don’t think that there is a requirement that each individual player receive the same pay.
Title IX requires “equal travel and daily allowance/per diem.”

I doubt any school is going to touch that and that is exactly why there is NIL.

NIL has ruined college sports in record time
IMO it started with these dedicated conference sports channels. Programs couldn’t expect to continue to cash in on college sports and never expect the players could or would organize to fight for some of that money they were helping generating.

Classic model of college sports was awesome, but in no capitalist country could you expect that way of operating to survive. When others get greedy it’s inevitable it’s going lead to more greed throughout the operation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT