ADVERTISEMENT

Arland Bruce has arrived & is practicing w/ Brody Brecht at Ankeny. FINALLY, ON OCTOBER 1, Ruled ELIGIBLE to Play.

Start a thread about them and we will discuss it. And don't forget to include the kids who weren't granted eligibility and are not being allowed to play.

Also include every single potential transfer that chose not to transfer after they found out there was a chance they would not be eligible

Reactions: Hawkness Monster
Monster - totally understand on staying in your state. Won’t argue that. But will say the way the rules are written Arland is getting jobbed. There are 20 other kids doing the same thing just this year. So I won’t argue the merits on whether it should happen generally but because it does there is no legit reason Arland isn’t eligible. Hell he had a former teammate come up from Kansas last week and played for SEP.

Monster - totally understand on staying in your state. Won’t argue that. But will say the way the rules are written Arland is getting jobbed. There are 20 other kids doing the same thing just this year. So I won’t argue the merits on whether it should happen generally but because it does there is no legit reason Arland isn’t eligible. Hell he had a former teammate come up from Kansas last week and played for SEP.

He had a teammate who didn't practice the required 10 days and didn't set up a permanent residence for their family and still played for SEP?

Reactions: WSC72
HK

I really can’t form an opinion on the SEP kid because I know nothing about the facts behind his move. Nor do you I am guessing. Nor do you know much about the VAST majority of the transfers in the last 10 years.

Reactions: OILCHECKER

What about the kid who didn't play for SEP because he wasn't granted eligibility?

No one from Kansas played for SEP on Friday. SEP has two students from Illinois Nazareth. One played and one was in street clothes.

I watched the Waukee/SEP game on PPV and I can say that the Illinois kid in street clothes may not play even if he eligible. The line for SEP goes 6'7 280, 6'5 300, 5'11 240, 6'5 275, and 6'3 305. Three of them are seniors and returning starters. The junior started as a soph, and the 6'7 kid is being recruited by Michigan. I'm sure he's a good player but he might have checked the roster first.

Reactions: WSC72
Wow Legend off the rails you are. You don’t know who is getting paid. And you also have never heard of pro bono work. Which is strange since you always look for free handouts. Done with this. Hopefully Arland gets to play and is a great Hawk.

Wow Legend off the rails you are. You don’t know who is getting paid. And you also have never heard of pro bono work. Which is strange since you always look for free handouts. Done with this. Hopefully Arland gets to play and is a great Hawk.

Gonna go out on a limb and say everyone agrees with you on the great Hawk part.

SEP has a stud OL who is gonna be another Wirfs. They also have a really good DB who everyone wants. And their QB has ISU and Michigan offers. Some really good talent in central Iowa this year.

WSC - I am on that limb too. Arland is that slot type it seems. Brody said he is quick as hell with his cuts and has great hands. We seem to get those type of guys. I like the fact he is a running back by trade but good hands. Hopefully a Tim Dwight light does to say.

Ankeny can recruit, SEP can recruit but no one can recruit like Dowling and Valley-although our Valley gene pool is obviously superior as well.

It will be another year of seeing stripes and Ankeny and SEP will be around just long enough to be mauled by a 600 pound Siberian Tiger. Its, well, victory in West Des is just the way God planned it. We're having some recent trouble with the power of the Lord but that school on Buffalo road is due for bad luck.

So I am clear Legend and others don’t want Bruce to play this year. Got it. BTW Captain Kirk said today he thinks he should be able to play. Not saying Kirk will be right but our coach definitely thinks Bruce should be able to play. Legend if you don’t believe me call him (since you know everything) and ask him about our conversation earlier. Thanks.

So I am clear Legend and others don’t want Bruce to play this year. Got it. BTW Captain Kirk said today he thinks he should be able to play. Not saying Kirk will be right but our coach definitely thinks Bruce should be able to play. Legend if you don’t believe me call him (since you know everything) and ask him about our conversation earlier. Thanks.

lol You are a special kind of stupid. That kid is screwed if you are the mind behind his representation.

Who has said they don't want Bruce to play this year? Please link their posts.

Why would i care what Kirk says? Do you think Kirk would say, "Nope, don't think the kid should be able to play this year" in any situation?

Oh and Dale Stout at Waukee. And Legend when I get him eligible this week I am sure you will be thrilled. And I have forgot more than you will ever know. I am surprised you haven’t started in on my deceased Mother like you usually do. How about you STFU and let me get Bruce eligible to play you idiot.

What? Nothing confidential at all. It is all hearsay. And Travis mentioned it to the Register. I have only posted what I heard. Did not post anything about my conversation with the Bruce family outside of the facts which will be public record. Arland is enrolled at Ankeny. Practiced 16 days with the school blessing. Because 2 of his siblings did not move up with Arland and Linda that is the reason they said he can’t play. Even though an uncle has guardianship over the the other siblings. Very bad look to pick out a minority with a single mom while 20 other kids transferred into Iowa this year and are playing.

Can you please list the 20 kids?

Legend - ask Matthew Bain. He did an article on it. What the f is your problem? Why do you want to argue? I just want Brice to play. Does your life suck this bad?

You act like every other kid who transferred in to Iowa was approved to play.

Why don't you care about them? Because they aren't Iowa recruits? I would hope you'd care about all kids equally, if fairness was what you are truly after.

Thanks Legend. And I appreciate your holier than thou. I would represent any who are wronged regardless of school. Period. Represented an ISU basketball player last year. Does that help you?

Absolutely right. That's what did it.

If I was in charge none of them would be eligible. But the standard is clear and is in place to prevent this exact type of situation, i e. a kid transferring simply for sports.
If you were in charge there probably wouldn't be a Global Pandemic either................

But I'm sure the IHSAA has hundreds and hundreds of pages and bylaws directly related on what to do when the fricking Chinese release a toxic virus to the world.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest they like everybody else on the planet didn't see this one coming. Let them play, wherever they want to where it's allowed. I call it Freedom.

Actually Legend have repped 3 ISU athletes and 2 UNI athletes. Is that better buddy? Am I now someone who cares?!

I just told you. The requirements is that the family has to make a home. When one kid moves and two kids don't, that is not "making a home ". That is a blatant and obvious attempt to game the system. They tried, it didn't work.

It’s clear you are taking issue with the whole system of kids moving into IA this year to play, which colors your opinion of Arland.

My opinion is that it is BS that he’s getting singled out. The families of the many other kids transferring in and ruled eligible this year are not staying after this year. They likely just have the means to put up more of a facade than a single mom and Arland. Either the IAHSAA should have been more strict on everyone or should be lenient / trusting for all on interpretation of the code. Instead we can watch as the IAHSAA pretends to be shocked when the Valley QB’s family moves after the season.

Reactions: unclesammy
It’s clear you are taking issue with the whole system of kids moving into IA this year to play, which colors your opinion of Arland.

My opinion is that it is BS that he’s getting singled out. The families of the many other kids transferring in and ruled eligible this year are not staying after this year. They likely just have the means to put up more of a facade than a single mom and Arland. Either the IAHSAA should have been more strict on everyone or should be lenient / trusting for all on interpretation of the code. Instead we can watch as the IAHSAA pretends to be shocked when the Valley QB’s family moves after the season.

He is not the only one that has been told he is not eligible to play.

Legend - since you think you are so smart and know it all. One question. How many are living with their parent under a year lease arrangement like Bruce is? I’ll hang up and listen. And besides your hate for me why do you hate on this kid? Because he plays for Ankeny? Because he is black? There must be a reason you hate on this kid and not the other kids that came in and are already playing. Some come his high school. Hate me and my deceased Mom Legend not this kid. And when I win kiss my ass.

Legend - since you think you are so smart and know it all. One question. How many are living with their parent under a year lease arrangement like Bruce is? I’ll hang up and listen. And besides your hate for me why do you hate on this kid? Because he plays for Ankeny? Because he is black? There must be a reason you hate on this kid and not the other kids that came in and are already playing. Some come his high school. Hate me and my deceased Mom Legend not this kid. And when I win kiss my ass.

You are an insane person, aren't you? At no point have I shown a single bit of negativity towards this kid in any way that could be construed as hatred. And I don't know what color he is, and it is not germane to this conversation.

Why does it matter what anyone else's arrangement is? If you want to look into those, feel free and report back and we will discuss those.

What has been reported so far is that Bruce and his mother are living with another family and his mother has admitted this will not be a full time move for her. To think that is not going to cause issues and questions is laughable.

I do find it funny that the guy who has tried to out CyTwin's identity on this board multiple times is about to have his name known to everyone who posts here and on CycloneFanatic.

I guess to make it clear to Legend. I was told an individual who is CyTwins gave the the association misleading info to get Arland ineligible. I don’t know if that is true. That came from now co-counsel. What I know is Arland practiced for 16 days without issue and was told Friday before the game he was ineligible based upon “recently received” information. His Mom has a signed lease to live in Ankeny with him and he is enrolled and is taking classes at Ankeny. I will be arguing for him to play against Waukee this week. This isn’t about Twins except if he did this that is sick. Period.
Spreading hearsay isn’t very lawyerlike. Gotta step it up come trial time

HK

I really can’t form an opinion on the SEP kid because I know nothing about the facts behind his move. Nor do you I am guessing. Nor do you know much about the VAST majority of the transfers in the last 10 years.
Yet you used that kid as an example. How easy is this bar exam thing?

In all seriousness, did you ever consider the potential ramifications of coming on a public message board and posting what you’ve posted? Specifically, I’m looking at posts #71-#73, #111 and #114 In conjunction with this one. I hope that you reached out to someone with NCAA compliance expertise to get an opinion as to whether pro bono legal services to an Iowa recruit violate or potentially run afoul of any “impermissible benefits” or “preferential benefits” rules.

Whether you intended to or not, you’ve created a “record.”

I’d encourage you to look further and, if there may be concerns, contemplate an alternate fee arrangement.

Last edited:
He is not the only one that has been told he is not eligible to play.

I haven’t followed every player that has transferred in but have only read about one other denied. I haven’t read the code, but if it has vague language like “make a home” like Hawkness stated, there is a lot of subjectivity there.

It’s clear many players moved in specifically to play football as their home states aren’t playing. How many of the families do you think are staying in Iowa after this year? My guess is none or close to none. If they approved others (e.g. Valley QB), did they check that they sold their homes in their previous states, etc. or how severed their connections are there? If not, I think its BS to single out a few players and then let the rest play. Arland and his mom moved, which to me is as much of a “home” as what other eligible players seemed to do.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT