ADVERTISEMENT

As an Iowa Fan, have you ever teared up?

Chris Street dying got me and still does. I remember how sad my dad was as well. Honestly, senior day at football games has always made me very emotional. I feel like it’s dumb because I don’t know any of these kids, but we live and die with them every week and I always hate to see them leave.

The 2002 NW game where the Oline came off the field together holding hands was quite a moment.

Winning the 2015 game at Nebraska was also emotional.

I would also say I cried as a kid when we lost to UNLV in basketball to go to the final four. It was dumb, but I remember sobbing after that game.

Chris Street dying got me and still does. I remember how sad my dad was as well. Honestly, senior day at football games has always made me very emotional. I feel like it’s dumb because I don’t know any of these kids, but we live and die with them every week and I always hate to see them leave.

The 2002 NW game where the Oline came off the field together holding hands was quite a moment.

Winning the 2015 game at Nebraska was also emotional.

I would also say I cried as a kid when we lost to UNLV in basketball to go to the final four. It was dumb, but I remember sobbing after that game.
I remember 2015 Nebby really well. We were at Disney and watching at the ESPN bar and when Canzeri broke his 2nd long run, that place went nuts. There were a ton of Hawkeye fans there because the basketball team was also getting ready to go in just a few minutes since they were in the tournament down there.

The first game my sisters and I attended after my father passed away. 58 year season ticket holder. Our section is like family.

Reactions: NorthDSMHawk
The first time I was the top fundraiser for LFA and I won sideline passes. When I could see KF and the captains leading the swarm, I started choking up. By the time they ran into the field, I was bawling.

The first wave I bawled.

When Greenwood led the team in the field, more tears.

The game where I went to get a hotdog and they ran out two people ahead of me. I thought I'd go finish of the Bailey's we brought ink the game but my birches finished it off while I was waiting on line. That was a sad, sad day.

1. Iowa defeats Michigan State to go the Rose Bowl after 20 years of futility. Grown men with tears streaming down their face in Kinnick.
2. Iowa beats Penn St 6-4 after KFz's Dad passes. The scene on the side lines as KFz grabs his sons...wow
3. Brett Greenwood leads the team out (this could easily be #1)
4. The night Chris Street died. Most of us were alone, but I remember it well
5. The first wave

All that said...every opening day, when I walk out of the tunnel and see the green grass, black and gold, and the aura of Kinnick...I get choked up.

Last edited:
To the poster who noted that Iowa is 57th all time in wins, I had to look it up and that’s on the list of all college football programs across all divisions through 2019. Iowa is 35th all time in wins among current Power 5 schools + Notre Dame. FWIW.

Reactions: HemiHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT