ADVERTISEMENT

As violent crime in Chicago soared, arrests fell to historic lows

NorthernHawkeye

HR Legend
Dec 23, 2007

As violent crime in Chicago soared, arrests fell to historic lows​

Veteran cops say they used to go out of their way to make arrests when they saw suspicious activity but that they’re less likely to now for fear of getting into trouble and being fired or even arrested.

“In the past, I might see a guy with a gun in his waistband, and I’d jump out and chase him,” one decorated officer says. “No way I’d do that now.”

Veteran cops say they used to go out of their way to make arrests when they saw suspicious activity but that they’re less likely to now for fear of getting into trouble and being fired or even arrested.

“In the past, I might see a guy with a gun in his waistband, and I’d jump out and chase him,” one decorated officer says. “No way I’d do that now.”

The party of no Commoynsense in charge of Chicago. Sad for such a great city.

I wouldn't move there if I were you.
Just for the sake of argument, how's the violent crime rate doing in Uvalde, Texas this year?

We need weaponless social workers with bleeding hearts and tears in their eyes. Career criminals would respect nothing more.
Or more officers like those in Uvalde who like to wait 40 minutes while an armed gunman with a weapon designed to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time chill in a hallway.

This is the consequence when the party of no Commonsense is in charge. Read it and weep.

This consequence impacts all of us. The read it and weep crap does not cut it. It is just playing the political game that so many like to play on this board. The sooner we realize that we are all in this together and stop letting the two extremes run the country, the better off this country will be.

Or more officers like those in Uvalde who like to wait 40 minutes while an armed gunman with a weapon designed to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time chill in a hallway.
The cops probably don’t want to hurt the criminals because they think the criminals and democrats will say they were too aggressive. They were taking a softer approach

This consequence impacts all of us. The read it and weep crap does not cut it. It is just playing the political game that so many like to play on this board. The sooner we realize that we are all in this together and stop letting the two extremes run the country, the better off this country will be.
The consequences of not punishment for criminals causes the problem.
Not complicated.

The cops probably don’t want to hurt the criminals because they think the criminals and democrats will say they were too aggressive. They were taking a softer approach
Yeah, I’m sure that was it. It couldn’t be that they were afraid that a weapon designed to shoot like a military weapon would kill them. Instead, they let fourth graders take the lead for them.

Cop haters are slowly getting exactly what they want. Fewer and fewer cops. The problem is, you don’t have any idea how to deal with crime yourselves.

Cop haters are slowly getting exactly what they want. Fewer and fewer cops. The problem is, you don’t have any idea how to deal with crime yourselves.
I’m not a cop hater. I’m a hater of the fact that cops are increasingly less trained on how to deal with people and the fact that my party protects weapons that make them hide in hallways while children get killed at school.

Like the dude that was shooting into the ladies apartment, cops kill him, dumb fvcking people show up to protest. The lady he was shooting at, rightfully goes off on the woke mob

This is the consequence when the party of no Commonsense is in charge. Read it and weep.
Murder rates are generally higher in red states than in blue states. 8 of the top 10 highest murder rates are from reliably red states. Some blue cities have particularly high rates such as Chicago but some don't such as San Francisco. Some red cities such as Jacksonville Florida and Bakersfield California have particularly high murder rates.
I don't think you can actually tie political parties to violence rates. A lot of these areas have a number of historical factors that have led to their current state. Also I think it is worth noting that despite how things are portrayed in the media the long term trend is a decline in violent crime. There has been an uptick in the last couple of years likely related to consequences from COVID.

Last edited:
Murder rates are generally higher in red states than in blue states. 8 of the top 10 highest murder rates are from reliably red states. Some blue cities have particularly high rates such as Chicago but some don't such as San Francisco. Some red cities such as Jacksonville Florida and Bakersfield California have particularly high murder rates.
I think you can actually tie political parties to violence rates. A lot of these areas have a number of historical factors that have led to their current state. Also I think it is worth noting that despite how things are portrayed in the media the long term trend is a decline in violent crime. There has been an uptick in the last couple of years likely related to consequences from COVID.
Covid and a large anti police movement occurred nearly simultaneously in 2020. Yeah blame covid for the uptick.

The consequences of not punishment for criminals causes the problem.
Not complicated.
I never said that it did not. I took exception to you saying "read it and weep." We are all impacted by letting the extremes on either end control what is happening. We cannot just distance ourselves by blaming someone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT