ADVERTISEMENT

Ashley Joens????

So categorizing people by geography makes it simpler for you to judge their message?

throw in race, gender and whatever other category you lump people into and reject and that totally justifies your ignorance ? …..

much easier to let Faux news tell you what to think and who to hate I suppose …..you’re such a dumbaass

Oh, for Christ sake, it's called sarcasm!
But I'm the dumbass.

And by the way, perhaps try something different the the old and tired "Faux News". You're like 15 years behind the times.

• Haha
Reactions: natchrlman
I love how when people get called out on their dumb ass comments they thought were funny …. it’s “sarcasm” and that justifies it

Have the courage to own up to what you say for what it was….. you have every right to be ignorant 😂

I’ve seen enough of your posts to know what you meant

I am confused when you say his missus is married to a locally prominent auto mechanic in town.

His missus is his wife so how can she also be married to the mechanic in town? ;)
Sorry. His wife is the mechanic's sister.

Lol whatever dude. Keep listening to Alex Jones but the fact is that you are out of step with UI/IC. In addition to graduating from UI, I worked F/T in CLAS for awhile. I assure you, anti-vax views do not represent UI. IC has embraced (and still did in May, when I last visited) common sense regarding vaccinations and masking. I get that there is an abundance of conservatives on this board, but my guess is that's bc it's hard to find people in IC who will listen to your BS IRL.

You may find more people who agree with you at ISU or UNI. Better yet, TCU or Liberty? In the meantime, remember that 71% of JoCo voted blue in 2020. Would you like me to dive into precinct results around campus? Better yet, why don't you try visiting campus and asking some students, business owners, faculty members or staff what they think? Do you think the avg IC resident or student will think people like Ashley Joens should get a pass for being so selfish, when so many have sacrificed so much? When it's so easy for healthy people to do their part to fight a global pandemic? When the news broke on Twitter, many of her own fans at ISU were even quick to even say "That isn't the Iowa State way!"

I live on the East Coast. If you're not vaccinated, you're hard-pressed to find a job or a school that will let you in. We all made a small sacrifice for the betterment of our communities (including our hospitals, which are STILL understaffed and full of overworked nurses ready to quit bc of COVID burnout). Everyone I know is vaccinated except for one person who can't be, because of an auto-immune disorder -- and believe me, she WISHES she could be. She's terrified to leave her house. When people like AJ opt out, they make the world more dangerous for my sick friend.

I judge former coworkers who gave up good jobs because they listened to Fox News, and I don't feel bad for the students I've had to kick out of the school I work at either. I judge AJ as well. As a hardcore WBB fan who has always been proud to have two great in-state programs, she is a disappointment. I am truly bummed that we got stuck with someone so embarrassing to represent our state. Ppl like her are a great example of why so many smart, ambitious, young people graduate UI and head right to the coast, with zero desire to stay in IA.
Triggered much?

I love how when people get called out on their dumb ass comments they thought were funny …. it’s “sarcasm” and that justifies it

Have the courage to own up to what you say for what it was….. you have every right to be ignorant 😂

I’ve seen enough of your posts to know what you meant

Shik and this cat make a good pair, 2 nut jobs

Just scroll back or google him and you can learn the whole story, it’s been out there awhile. He is discussed widely both on this board and the ISU board.

He’s literally the reason Bluder didn’t offer Joens a scholarship even tho it was her “dream school” (can you imagine how good Iowa would be with her at the 3?).

They’re all nutso anti vaxxers as well tho (the “” girls too). So it’s possible it was a culture / values thing as w

If Ashley Joens chose to not be vaccinated for any reason other than being a conservative idiot, I’ll take back every word I’ve said.

But I highly doubt she has any compelling reasons at the level of an auto immune disorder, especially considering what her father had to say about it.

My guess is she’s an InfoWarrior or dumb enough to believe it would make her infertile, like every other unvaxxed idiot I know in Iowa who is in the same boat.
How about being young, healthy and having a doctor that never said "get the shot" - does that make one an idiot?

How about being young, healthy and having a doctor that never said "get the shot" - does that make one an idiot?
Yes! How many times do you have to be told? How do you STILL not understand that when healthy people get the vaccine, the world becomes a safer places for those who are immunocompromised or can't get vaccinated? This is commonsense stuff. And it was easy to figure out the right decision to make. She is a college educated adult who can watch the news and talk to her doctor and draw a conclusion based on highly accessible scientific evidence as to why almost everybody of age should get it in order to lessen the amount of COVID19 circulating in our communities (not to mention the benefit to our overworked healthcare workers).

And it's not some humanistic vague decision either, like use fewer straws or eat less meat or don't buy clothes bought in sweatshops because it'll make life better for people on the other side of the world that you'll never meet. This is something SIMPLE and EASY and FREE that we can all do to make the people around us -- our grandparents, like MY grandma who literally just got COVID a couple of weeks ago and had to be hospitalized -- who are at very high risk for death from COVID safer. Ashley Joens learned that lesson by having to sit out the Texas game -- because they weren't vaccinated, they had to isolate. Again, a very small price to pay IMO.

Anyway, people like Ashley Joens (and the swarm of Trump suckers on here -- who AGAIN, I'll point out, represent only a small minority of people from the UI/Iowa City community and would probably be run out of any UI event or local business if they came in spewing this crazy) simply don't give a shit about their fellow man. Instead of deciding, "Shall I do a selfless, responsible, common sense thing and get vaccinated and do my part to ensure that as few people get COVID as possible? Nah. Freedom."

I know that if you're a member of the Trump cult who has probably never left the state of Iowa, her decision might seem fine or sensible or common, but in the rest of the world -- ESPECIALLY the world of Women's Basketball, which is highly progressive and strives to be egalitarian and is focused on the collective well-being of their athletes -- her decision is disappointing. She isn't a role model. She apparently hopes to play in the WNBA someday but I promise she is in for a rude awakening (she'll need to get vaccinated before she can step foot on a court).

So again, do I think she sounds like a sweet kid? Maybe? At the end of the day her actions speak louder than the words of people who knew her as a kid. And am I hella glad she's not part of our team? YES. Because again, she's embarrassing. There would be a severe disconnect between her values and those of UI and Iowa City -- just like there's a disconnect between your values and those of UI and Iowa City. Go vomit up your crazy at Truth Social.

Last edited:
This is getting a little too personal. Apparently a lot of people are familiar with the family (which I am not). It looks like there is quite of bit of drama and to be fair to the family members and the player, maybe we should change the name of the thread topic. No reason to have a nasty thread about someones family on our board. Just my opinion
Just people being honest about a jerk

Yes! How many times do you have to be told? How do you STILL not understand that when healthy people get the vaccine, the world becomes a safer places for those who are immunocompromised or can't get vaccinated? This is commonsense stuff. And it was easy to figure out the right decision to make. She is a college educated adult who can watch the news and talk to her doctor and draw a conclusion based on highly accessible scientific evidence as to why almost everybody of age should get it in order to lessen the amount of COVID19 circulating in our communities (not to mention the benefit to our overworked healthcare workers).

And it's not some humanistic vague decision either, like use fewer straws or eat less meat or don't buy clothes bought in sweatshops because it'll make life better for people on the other side of the world that you'll never meet. This is something SIMPLE and EASY and FREE that we can all do to make the people around us -- our grandparents, like MY grandma who literally just got COVID a couple of weeks ago and had to be hospitalized -- who are at very high risk for death from COVID safer. Ashley Joens learned that lesson by having to sit out the Texas game -- because they weren't vaccinated, they had to isolate. Again, a very small price to pay IMO.

Anyway, people like Ashley Joens (and the swarm of Trump suckers on here -- who AGAIN, I'll point out, represent only a small minority of people from the UI/Iowa City community and would probably be run out of any UI event or local business if they came in spewing this crazy) simply don't give a shit about their fellow man. Instead of deciding, "Shall I do a selfless, responsible, common sense thing and get vaccinated and do my part to ensure that as few people get COVID as possible? Nah. Freedom."

I know that if you're a member of the Trump cult who has probably never left the state of Iowa, her decision might seem fine or sensible or common, but in the rest of the world -- ESPECIALLY the world of Women's Basketball, which is highly progressive and strives to be egalitarian and is focused on the collective well-being of their athletes -- her decision is disappointing. She isn't a role model. She apparently hopes to play in the WNBA someday but I promise she is in for a rude awakening (she'll need to get vaccinated before she can step foot on a court).

So again, do I think she sounds like a sweet kid? Maybe? At the end of the day her actions speak louder than the words of people who knew her as a kid. And am I hella glad she's not part of our team? YES. Because again, she's embarrassing. There would be a severe disconnect between her values and those of UI and Iowa City -- just like there's a disconnect between your values and those of UI and Iowa City. Go vomit up your crazy at Truth Social.
Dude you are a snowflake idiot

Dude you are a snowflake idiot
LOL I'm the snowflake? I'm not the one afraid of a vaccine that was scientifically proven to be safe and effective. I'm also not the one afraid of people who are poor or different from me.

But I DO fit in very nicely with the progressive, crunchy, liberal, democratic-voting population of UI and Iowa City. So again, why not do all of us a favor and go cheer for TCU or Liberty? You'll fit in better there and you can worship fascist, orange tubs of lard all day there and people will happily go along with you.

Seriously dude stfu. No wants to listen to anyone, especially you, go on rants be it vax or anti vax on the bball board. Go to the cess pool known as HROT if you want to spew your garbage there.

Seriously dude stfu. No wants to listen to anyone, especially you, go on rants be it vax or anti vax on the bball board. Go to the cess pool known as HROT if you want to spew your garbage there.
Fair. But this thread is about Ashley Joens, whom apparently everyone here knew as a kid. I was pointing out that I'm not a fan, based on information about her that her father shared on social media after she missed the Texas game. Then the Trumpers came out in force bc I hurt their snowflake feelings. ("BUT MY FREEDOM!")

Sorry but based on other threads, I know I'm not alone here in wishing the Trumpers would stop acting like they represent the majority of Hawkeyes -- especially those who give even a single shit about WBB -- and seriously just take it to Truth Social.

And considering that some of them feel the need to post GROSS shit about things like how attractive our female athletes (who, btw, they have ZERO chance with EVER) are, as well as homophobic garbage, I don't really feel bad pointing out that they're in the minority at Iowa or ****ing with them on any level.

Last edited:
Fair. But this thread is about Ashley Joens, whom apparently everyone here knew as a kid. I was pointing out that I'm not a fan, based on information about her that her father shared on social media after she missed the Texas game. Then the Trumpers came out in force bc I hurt their snowflake feelings. ("BUT MY FREEDOM!")

Sorry but based on other threads, I know I'm not alone here in wishing the Trumpers would stop acting like they represent the majority of Hawkeyes -- especially those who give even a single shit about WBB -- and seriously just take it to Truth Social.

And considering that some of them feel the need to post GROSS shit about things like how attractive our female athletes (who, btw, they have ZERO chance with EVER) are, as well as homophobic garbage, I don't really feel bad pointing out that they're in the minority at Iowa or ****ing with them on any level.

Just go away

Last edited:

Absolutism at its finest. Good work. You should share these beliefs with other boards to spread the word….

LOL I'm the snowflake? I'm not the one afraid of a vaccine that was scientifically proven to be safe and effective. I'm also not the one afraid of people who are poor or different from me.

But I DO fit in very nicely with the progressive, crunchy, liberal, democratic-voting population of UI and Iowa City. So again, why not do all of us a favor and go cheer for TCU or Liberty? You'll fit in better there and you can worship fascist, orange tubs of lard all day there and people will happily go along with you.

Take all your political shit to the off topic board and GFY.

Guy made the police log again. Seems he called the PD to complain about a FB page that posts the ICPD police log. He was unhappy they posted the recent incident at his restaurant. 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 1911_Bandit
Hey now….. We that frequent the wrestling board long ago adopted the nickname cesspool fondly for our beloved board

I agree this needs to go to the off topic board but they can come up with their own disparaging moniker….. that ones taken

Is the dad barred from Cedar Rapids Prairie games?

If so, he showed up any way, in disguise?

FdQ7Yn3X0AAxlta

Legend, any idea what Brian Joens plans to do after the restaurant closes ?

This needs to be moved to off-topic. Lets try some empathy for this family. The dude has significant mental health issues and needs help and support.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT