ADVERTISEMENT

Ashley Joens????

No. You are clueless if you think his wife or kids could do anything to control the situation.

Mental illness is unique with everyone, but I think the sentiment is more that the family ARGUABLY could have intervened more in his treatment. There are things the wife (mainly) and kids (hard to put a parent's treatment on a high school kid) could've done to advance his being treated or forced the issue, but unless he recognized the problem, it's an uphill battle. To say it's clueless that his family could've done anything is wrong, but also wrong to assume they didn't try.

His reputation precedes him. You have to be the only one defending him here?

A relative or friend, I imagine?
I know Brian and his family. His wife and girls could not be nicer people. Brian has some mental health issues that are not being treated (I believe his choice). What would you have his family do? You can't make someone get treatment, especially when they don't think they need it.

I know Brian and his family. His wife and girls could not be nicer people. Brian has some mental health issues that are not being treated (I believe his choice). What would you have his family do? You can't make someone get treatment, especially when they don't think they need it.
This. You cannot make someone get treatment unless they have legal issues. So far Brian's have not approached the level of having him committed against his will. It may happen, but blaming the beholders is gutless and unwarranted.

This. You cannot make someone get treatment unless they have legal issues. So far Brian's have not approached the level of having him committed against his will. It may happen, but blaming the beholders is gutless and unwarranted.
I’m not taking sides but unless the law has changed .... legal issues aren’t a requirement..... all it takes is two family members to go before a judge and claim he needs committed..... it’s not like there’s no history of erratic behavior to help the judges decision as well

I
I’m not taking sides but unless the law has changed .... legal issues aren’t a requirement..... all it takes is two family members to go before a judge and claim he needs committed..... it’s not like there’s no history of erratic behavior to help the judges decision as well

It’s not that easy. Must show person is a danger to himself or others based on current acts, not what’s happened in the past. Iowa courts are clear about this requirement, and it’s not easy to show. The person that is to be committed gets an attorney to represent them. I’ve been involved in lots of cases over the years as attorney for family, attorney for person being committed, and as judicial officer making the decision on commitment Never any fun…

Reactions: BBHawk
He is not borderline schizophrenic, is he?
He's way worse. He asked me if I was a lawyer since he knew my friend was a lawyer and mentioned my name. Then he told me that he was spying on his neighbor. I asked why? He said he was convinced his neighbor had planted listening devices and cameras all around and in his property. I feel bad for his wife and daughters. His missus is married to a locally prominent auto mechanic in town.

Reactions: Fan In Black
Not going to lie I was also curious. Follow Iowa locally but don't give much thought or care to ISU however I've seen on the news here in Eastern Iowa and mention City High alum and always curious to why she didn't go to Iowa. Thought maybe Bluder slow played her or could've been other reasons like she just wanted out of IC. Last year on the news noticed her putting up big numbers and peaked my curiosity but this thread explains a lot more now. Least her Dad has something in common with their AD Pollard after last night they can talk about the next time they are in Hilton. Are her sisters good like her? as it sounds like one other is on the ISU team. This guy sounds like the Lavar Ball of womens bball.
I think the sister transferred.

Reactions: GOHOX69
He's way worse. He asked me if I was a lawyer since he knew my friend was a lawyer and mentioned my name. Then he told me that he was spying on his neighbor. I asked why? He said he was convinced his neighbor had planted listening devices and cameras all around and in his property. I feel bad for his wife and daughters. His missus is married to a locally prominent auto mechanic in town.
Not an expert, but that doesn’t sound borderline

I am confused when you say his missus is married to a locally prominent auto mechanic in town.

His missus is his wife so how can she also be married to the mechanic in town? ;)

I went to high school with her mom Lisa. She was 2 years older than me but was really nice. Hell of a 6 on 6 player. She went to Kirkwood and met the Dad who also played basketball there. He’s a nut job and will harass people who go to Jimmy John’s next door instead of his restaurant. It’s a family business he now runs with his wife and kids. Like someone mentioned he’s been kicked out of games before and now has to sit with the AD when he goes to games. He also got arrested not long ago for stealing the ladder of someone working near his business and throwing it out the back door. He’s literally been known to also knock on windows of people sitting in the Jimmy John’s drive through and harass them for nit coming to his place.

Also don’t wear Iowa gear to his business as he will berate you.

The guy has serious anger issues and needs help.
What business is his? Is that ok to ask?

I always heard their food is good. Known for a good pork tenderloin. I don't think anyone knows the owner is an insane person though. Everything i've heard about the wife and daughter's is how nice and humble they all are. Not sure what happened to their dad?

I always heard their food is good. Known for a good pork tenderloin. I don't think anyone knows the owner is an insane person though. Everything i've heard about the wife and daughter's is how nice and humble they all are. Not sure what happened to their dad?
nothing happened to him. He's just an asshole.

• Haha
Reactions: natchrlman
They might if they attempt to use the Jimmy John’s drive thru by his place lol. Was he the one who had the Joenseys in Solon as well 😳

Reactions: Auger
Just scroll back or google him and you can learn the whole story, it’s been out there awhile. He is discussed widely both on this board and the ISU board.

He’s literally the reason Bluder didn’t offer Joens a scholarship even tho it was her “dream school” (can you imagine how good Iowa would be with her at the 3?).

They’re all nutso anti vaxxers as well tho (the “” girls too). So it’s possible it was a culture / values thing as well.

Just scroll back or google him and you can learn the whole story, it’s been out there awhile. He is discussed widely both on this board and the ISU board.

He’s literally the reason Bluder didn’t offer Joens a scholarship even tho it was her “dream school” (can you imagine how good Iowa would be with her at the 3?).

They’re all nutso anti vaxxers as well tho (the “” girls too). So it’s possible it was a culture / values thing as well.

You seem to be quite the piece of shit.

You seem to be quite the piece of shit.
Lol whatever dude. Keep listening to Alex Jones but the fact is that you are out of step with UI/IC. In addition to graduating from UI, I worked F/T in CLAS for awhile. I assure you, anti-vax views do not represent UI. IC has embraced (and still did in May, when I last visited) common sense regarding vaccinations and masking. I get that there is an abundance of conservatives on this board, but my guess is that's bc it's hard to find people in IC who will listen to your BS IRL.

You may find more people who agree with you at ISU or UNI. Better yet, TCU or Liberty? In the meantime, remember that 71% of JoCo voted blue in 2020. Would you like me to dive into precinct results around campus? Better yet, why don't you try visiting campus and asking some students, business owners, faculty members or staff what they think? Do you think the avg IC resident or student will think people like Ashley Joens should get a pass for being so selfish, when so many have sacrificed so much? When it's so easy for healthy people to do their part to fight a global pandemic? When the news broke on Twitter, many of her own fans at ISU were even quick to even say "That isn't the Iowa State way!"

I live on the East Coast. If you're not vaccinated, you're hard-pressed to find a job or a school that will let you in. We all made a small sacrifice for the betterment of our communities (including our hospitals, which are STILL understaffed and full of overworked nurses ready to quit bc of COVID burnout). Everyone I know is vaccinated except for one person who can't be, because of an auto-immune disorder -- and believe me, she WISHES she could be. She's terrified to leave her house. When people like AJ opt out, they make the world more dangerous for my sick friend.

I judge former coworkers who gave up good jobs because they listened to Fox News, and I don't feel bad for the students I've had to kick out of the school I work at either. I judge AJ as well. As a hardcore WBB fan who has always been proud to have two great in-state programs, she is a disappointment. I am truly bummed that we got stuck with someone so embarrassing to represent our state. Ppl like her are a great example of why so many smart, ambitious, young people graduate UI and head right to the coast, with zero desire to stay in IA.

Last edited:
Lol whatever dude. Keep listening to Alex Jones but the fact is that you are out of step with UI/IC. In addition to graduating from UI, I worked F/T in CLAS for awhile. I assure you, anti-vax views do not represent UI. IC has embraced (and still did in May, when I last visited) common sense regarding vaccinations and masking. I get that there is an abundance of conservatives on this board, but my guess is that's bc it's hard to find people in IC who will listen to your BS IRL.

You may find more people who agree with you at ISU or UNI. Better yet, TCU or Liberty? In the meantime, remember that 71% of JoCo voted blue in 2020. Would you like me to dive into precinct results around campus? Better yet, why don't you try visiting campus and asking some students, business owners, faculty members or staff what they think? Do you think the avg IC resident or student will think people like Ashley Joens should get a pass for being so selfish, when so many have sacrificed so much? When it's so easy for healthy people to do their part to fight a global pandemic? When the news broke on Twitter, many of her own fans at ISU were even quick to even say "That isn't the Iowa State way!"

I live on the East Coast. If you're not vaccinated, you're hard-pressed to find a job or a school that will let you in. We all made a small sacrifice for the betterment of our communities (including our hospitals, which are STILL understaffed and full of overworked nurses ready to quit bc of COVID burnout). Everyone I know is vaccinated except for one person who can't be, because of an auto-immune disorder -- and believe me, she WISHES she could be. She's terrified to leave her house. When people like AJ opt out, they make the world more dangerous for my sick friend.

I judge former coworkers who gave up good jobs because they listened to Fox News, and I don't feel bad for the students I've had to kick out of the school I work at either. I judge AJ as well. As a hardcore WBB fan who has always been proud to have two great in-state programs, she is a disappointment. I am truly bummed that we got stuck with someone so embarrassing to represent our state. Ppl like her are a great example of why so many smart, ambitious, young people graduate UI and head right to the coast, with zero desire to stay in IA.

Wow. These are the ramblings of an insane person.

Alex Jones? Fox News? Take that shit to the off topic board where it belongs or feel free to GFY.

I live in Johnson County right now and volunteer within a local school system so I am completely aware of what has been done and continues to be done in an effort to educate and vaccinate as many people as possible and support pretty much 99% of those efforts.

The fact you see fit to call young women names when you have no idea what they go through or deal with says a lot about you. I do love how you defend your friend who isn’t vaccinated as of course she, being your friend, is justified in not having done so. Anyone who is terrified to leave their house at this point is simply looking for a reason to be scared and is probably not mentally equipped to handle society.

In the end, as always, GFY.

You could've led with that and saved us all the time to read any of it.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Wow. These are the ramblings of an insane person.

Alex Jones? Fox News? Take that shit to the off topic board where it belongs or feel free to GFY.

I live in Johnson County right now and volunteer within a local school system so I am completely aware of what has been done and continues to be done in an effort to educate and vaccinate as many people as possible and support pretty much 99% of those efforts.

The fact you see fit to call young women names when you have no idea what they go through or deal with says a lot about you. I do love how you defend your friend who isn’t vaccinated as of course she, being your friend, is justified in not having done so. Anyone who is terrified to leave their house at this point is simply looking for a reason to be scared and is probably not mentally equipped to handle society.

In the end, as always, GFY.
If Ashley Joens chose to not be vaccinated for any reason other than being a conservative idiot, I’ll take back every word I’ve said.

But I highly doubt she has any compelling reasons at the level of an auto immune disorder, especially considering what her father had to say about it.

My guess is she’s an InfoWarrior or dumb enough to believe it would make her infertile, like every other unvaxxed idiot I know in Iowa who is in the same boat.

So bc I live in Western MA, I’m a coastal elite? I can’t have opinions about the state I grew up or the school I graduated from?

My point is that here, Ashley Joens wouldn’t even be able to register for classes let alone play basketball. We expect more from our students. I don’t feel bad for those that can’t enroll or get kicked out. And its pretty damn embarrassing that she isn’t held to the same standards.

If Ashley Joens chose to not be vaccinated for any reason other than being a conservative idiot, I’ll take back every word I’ve said.

But I highly doubt she has any compelling reasons at the level of an auto immune disorder, especially considering what her father had to say about it.

My guess is she’s an InfoWarrior or dumb enough to believe it would make her infertile, like every other unvaxxed idiot I know in Iowa who is in the same boat.
It is a shame your mother wasn’t infertile.

So categorizing people by geography makes it simpler for you to judge their message?

throw in race, gender and whatever other category you lump people into and reject and that totally justifies your ignorance ? …..

much easier to let Faux news tell you what to think and who to hate I suppose …..you’re such a dumbaass

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT