ADVERTISEMENT

Audi Crooks

LarryMullenJr.

HR Legend
Dec 7, 2011
Watching her in the state tournament and IMO glad we didn’t get her. She does absolutely nothing beyond stand under the rim and make a bunny or get a rebound. A post with any athleticism at all will handle her.
Don’t mean to bash the kid and best of luck, but just not impressed.

I’d take her. With the loss of Warnock and Cizano, there is going to be a major void in the post next year. We need more than just Stuelke.

But I get your point. If she was 6’4” plus I think what we’re seeing her do now would translate in college. But she’s maybe 6’2”. That’s a normal size post player in college.

Watching her in the state tournament and IMO glad we didn’t get her. She does absolutely nothing beyond stand under the rim and make a bunny or get a rebound. A post with any athleticism at all will handle her.
The next time she jumps will be the first time.

It seems like Iowa would have to change their identity to play her. She just doesn’t run the floor like some of our recent bigs
Meh, they just wouldn't be able to push the ball inside to her in transition......but then that's what Stuelke is for. :)

Lots of hype but I think she has limited skills for college bball. She will get run off the court and she will not be able to sit under the hoop against gals shorter and much more slight in build. She’s a load in High School but that is where it ends imho.
Well as far as major CBB goes.

I've seen womens college basketball at just about every level. The drop off is real......

She could easily go to one of the D3 Iowa colleges and be dominant there.

But she got D1 looks because, aside from her size, she has good touch around the rim for how big she is, and she is as strong as she looks.

I watched HS kids try to pull on her arms with the ball above her head only to fall on their arses and Crooks just casually finish the layup like nothing happened. It was kinda funny to watch to be honest.

She won't get pushed around in the post, and she's only going to get stronger.

Btw, I have no affiliation to Bishop Garrigan or Crooks......

I’d take her. With the loss of Warnock and Cizano, there is going to be a major void in the post next year. We need more than just Stuelke.

But I get your point. If she was 6’4” plus I think what we’re seeing her do now would translate in college. But she’s maybe 6’2”. That’s a normal size post player in college.
I've seen her play three times and she looks to be closer to 6'4" than 6'2". But I agree that she probably won't have much of an impact in D1.

Well as far as major CBB goes.

I've seen womens college basketball at just about every level. The drop off is real......

She could easily go to one of the D3 Iowa colleges and be dominant there.

But she got D1 looks because, aside from her size, she has good touch around the rim for how big she is, and she is as strong as she looks.

I watched HS kids try to pull on her arms with the ball above her head only to fall on their arses and Crooks just casually finish the layup like nothing happened. It was kinda funny to watch to be honest.

She won't get pushed around in the post, and she's only going to get stronger.

Btw, I have no affiliation to Bishop Garrigan or Crooks......
The speed of the game, even at D3, is going to be challenging. A reputable Coach once told me "It's a whole lot easier to slow a kid down than to speed one up".

Of course it will be challenging. Its college basketball.

But from what I've watched of the Iowa colleges this year............................she would be welcomed with open arms by any of them.

Of course it will be challenging. Its college basketball.

But from what I've watched of the Iowa colleges this year............................she would be welcomed with open arms by any of them.
ISU is trying to get Soames another year so Crooks would have time to /work on what she needs to work on. BTW I can remember when men's* teams with big heavy centers used to wait until he got to the other end of the court. Of course no time clock then.

Don’t sell Audi short. First off, she is a multi sport athlete, active in fine arts and an excellent student. When she gets to Ames, she will be able to focus solely on basketball and will have access to excellent nutrition and conditioning resources. By all accounts, she really has her priorities straight. In the right situation, she will develop into a solid player, maybe not right away, but few post players are.

Yup, she does have good hands and can make a lot of layups but she’s slow as dirt and doesn’t look like someone that will be able to run up and down the court in D1

is she still very overweight? granted, most Americans are. ;)

she was always a head scratcher to me because she does not get up and down the court very quickly.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
I've seen her play three times and she looks to be closer to 6'4" than 6'2". But I agree that she probably won't have much of an impact in D1.
I guess Audi is listed at 6’3”. For comparison, Diamond Miller is also listed at 6’3” and look how athletic she is at that size. It will be interesting to see how Audi does at the college level.

I’m thinking she will be just fine! Odds are she will lose 25-40 lbs and they will teach her to run the floor much faster! I’m happy for her
Hows that worked out for Josh O? Some people just aren't good athletes or runners. As hard as Luka worked he still had limitations....

Reactions: ZumaHawk
I guess Audi is listed at 6’3”. For comparison, Diamond Miller is also listed at 6’3” and look how athletic she is at that size. It will be interesting to see how Audi does at the college level.
Sounds like trying to make a silk purse from the sows ear. Miller is a thoroughbread, like Keegan and Kris. You don't turn someone into one of those.

Crooks will be a force in certain matchups but a big liability -- especially defensively -- against others. Maybe ISU will start playing a bit more zone. Great weapon to have on a roster if the coaching staff knows how to manage it! Good or bad it will be interesting to watch her career unfold. ISU hasn't exactly developed dominant centers lately (I'm not counting Soares transferring there this season) so curious what they do with her.

Crooks is a good player with good hands and a soft touch. But she is slow and has never had to fight to establish position on the block against taller players. Ava Heiden will dominate her.

You wait and see what happens in a couple of years after she gets coached up a bit (and Fennelly is no dog as a coach). I think she can be a dominant college player.....Look at the gal from S Carolina....Crooks has good hands and good touch....and she shows she can move her feet well (shot putter, you know).....,She just needs a chance to catch up to her size and a chance go go against better competition.....I would not be surprised in 4 years she is an AA,,,,not saying she will be, but she has a lot of blue sky, IMO. Ralph Miller used to recruit "7 footers" and most of them didn't pan out for him but like he said...."They got one thing I can't coach....they are 7 foot tall".......

Reactions: undersized_post
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT