ADVERTISEMENT

I was a Costco member for 38 minutes today ( warning: very long)

I just got back from Costco. I picked up some new bath towels, a case of tissue, some paper plates and MOST IMPORTANTLY! Pizza!

I had the most pleasant experience. :)

Reactions: Finance85
You dont read good do ya? It's OK, not everyone had loving parents and a good education.
I think he is trying to say apparently you got so drunk you don’t remember going to Costco and pissing off everyone at the Ankeny store so that’s why they treated you in the fashion they did on your return visit. Then getting pulled over for drunk driving with no recollection of that either. Dude, you have a problem and need to get help. Serious help!! JK. 😜

• Haha
Reactions: Finance85
with that said. @Tenacious E their pizza at the counter is pretty damn legit. Dare I say better than Casey’s?
Oh, I absolutely agree. Perks to Costco:

Best prices around for:
  • Olive Oil
  • Blue Agave
  • TP and Paper Towels
  • Printer paper
  • TVs
  • Random things as you're walking around the store you didn't know you needed
  • Did I mention the life-time warranty? I replaced an 11-year-old coffee pot that died for FREE!
  • Favorite item: Pizza by the slice!!
I'd let Costco employees call me an a$$hole every time I checked out to maintain my membership. :cool:

I will third the proposition that Costco is excellent cheap pizza.

As someone who travels fairly frequently and likes to check out the local pizza everywhere I go (and the local bbq if any, the local seafood and any regional specialties), I would not have Costco in my top 25 pizzas. Frankly I wouldn’t even have it my Top 10 Tallahassee Pizza’s as that is:
1) Isabella’s - Neopolitan style
2) Solle’s - NYC style
3) Momo’s - DC Jumbo Slice style
4) Decent - DC Jumbo Slice style
5) Gaines Street Pies/Midtown Pies - Tavern Style
6) Park’s Twisted Pizza - unique, kind of a blend of Atlanta and NYC style
7) Red Elephant - Chicago Thin/Milwaukee Style
8) Village Pizza/Milano Pizza - NYC Style
9) Dave’s Pizza Garage - Upstate New York Style
10) Coach’s Pizza - Chicago Deep Dish, Philly Stromboli and a seperate Tavern Style they claim is Chicago Thin

Others worth going to include in no order: Munchies Pizza, Bagigio’s, Little Italy, Blaze Pizza, Uncle Maddio’, Brickyard Pizza, Five Star Pizza, Piesano’s Wood Fired Pizza, Tour of Italy, Z Bardhi’s and Mom & Dad’s.

But having said all of that, I probably eat at Costco more than any other pizza in town. It’s because it’s so cheap and convenient during a Costco run. And while I love a good simple cheese pizza when done great at places like Papa’s Tomato Pies outside of Trenton NJ which is my favorite pizza anywhere…most large chain pizza is garbage that needs toppings to cover up the bad base pizza. I can’t stand just simple cheese pizza from Pizza Hut, Little Ceasar’s, Hungry Howies, Papa John’s, Gumby’s, Domino’s etc.. But Costco’s cheese is excellent because of the quality of the sauce and the cheeze.

Last edited:
Reactions: alaskanseminole
You don’t read, well. 😀
GIF by gochirp

Corporate grocery stores like Hy Vee and Publix suck nowadays. I went to (another corporate store) called ALDI last week. Saved a shit load of money. Produce and meat seem to be better quality as well.
I like Aldi, but I won't buy meat there. You can save a lot if you find stuff you like. Their grass fed butter and cheese are good, and the sourdough bread is great. Vegetables can be ok, fruit is often subpar, imo, and canned goods vary. It shares a parent company with Trader Joe's, iirc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT