ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Baseball Conference Tournament Thread

Hi, Debbie.

Are you currently at the empty stadium?
Do you realize the 2 of 3 closest teams to Omaha are playing right now and would be responsible for filling the seats based on your regional placement of the tournament? Indy will not be the answer. I should stop...arguing with stupid is a bad look.

Last edited:
Do you realize the 2 teams closest to Omaha are playing right now
Debbie, Debbie, Debbie.

You are so dumb. Debbie is not playing right now. Iowa and Minnesota are. Nevertheless you say the 2 teams closest to Omaha are playing right now. The Debbie fan base obviously would be the closest fan base to Omaha. The Iowa fan base would be second closest.

This is too easy.

Let me know if you prefer to be called Deb as opposed to Debbie.

Thanks.

Do the eyeball test, again.

In the Michigan / Maryland game this evening, the stands were empty.

Indy or Des Moines can't do any worse than this. It is clear Omaha is not the ultimate answer. Omaha is simply an option.

And the crime is not as bad in Des Moines & Indy, too.

You're right, this is too easy. Though reading your takes in this thread, I'm not surprised you got this wrong.

Link: Crime Rate in United States (per 100,000 people)

Violent Crime Rate
Indianapolis: 1333.96
Des Moines: 670.11
Omaha: 647.32

Non-Violent Crime Rate
Des Moines: 4413.26
Indianapolis: 4411.87
Omaha: 3880.17

Reactions: NebGrad1995
Debbie, Debbie, Debbie.

You are so dumb. Debbie is not playing right now. Iowa and Minnesota are. Nevertheless you say the 2 teams closest to Omaha are playing right now. The Debbie fan base obviously would be the closest fan base to Omaha. The Iowa fan base would be second closest.

This is too easy.

Let me know if you prefer to be called Deb as opposed to Debbie.

Thanks.
You’re right (congrats!) I had a typo and stated the 2 closest schools didn’t include Lincoln. My bad. You still failed to prove how Indy would have a bigger audience because of placement when Iowa and Minnesota can’t fill the seats in Target Field and TD Ameritrade in the past 6 years?

You're right, this is too easy. Though reading your takes in this thread, I'm not surprised you got this wrong.

Link: Crime Rate in United States (per 100,000 people)

Violent Crime Rate
Indianapolis: 1333.96
Des Moines: 670.11
Omaha: 647.32

Non-Violent Crime Rate
Des Moines: 4413.26
Indianapolis: 4411.87
Omaha: 3880.17

I will always wonder why you ignorant Debbie fans come over to Iowa Hawkeye boards and post. I realize you are an inferior fan base, but still.

Reactions: sltldowney
Phone autocorrect.

No capitalization on your sentence? You heathen.
You're still here?

Why is that?

I have zero desire to ever visit a Debbie message board. Plus I hear every non Debbie fan gets banned any way.

Debbie fans infatuated with the Hawkeyes where you come here in droves is extremely weird.

You're still here?

Why is that?

I have zero desire to ever visit a Debbie message board. Plus I hear every non Debbie fan gets banned any way.

Debbie fans infatuated with the Hawkeyes where you come here in droves is extremely weird.

I don't care what you desire. I enjoy the conversation......for the most part.

And I come to brag about our "law" crime rates. ;)

Nebraska has been given A TON of free bases in this tournament. It’s quite amazing really. Michigan walks 13 tonight. Iowa walked 10, that is not counting any HBP, errors, or walks in other games.

Minnesota is gassed, if they manage a come back no way they’d win the next game.

I am interested to see if Garrett Burhenn is able to go if Ohio State wins. He is their Friday guy, but has been on concussion protocol.

Nebraska to the title game. My guess is they win the tournament.

Minnesota/OSU pushed to 11am. Title game after that.
Down goes Debbie!

Just 17,000 "attendance" for the title game, which is tickets distributed, NOT actual butts in the seats. I expected a sell out with Debbie playing, the game being in Debbie's back yard, & it being a gorgeous day. So much for the sea of red.

Congrats to Ohio State, the 7 seed. They looked very ordinary when Iowa played them but played their best ball when they had to.

Down goes Debbie!

Just 17,000 "attendance" for the title game, which is tickets distributed, NOT actual butts in the seats. I expected a sell out with Debbie playing, the game being in Debbie's back yard, & it being a gorgeous day. So much for the sea of red.

Congrats to Ohio State, the 7 seed. They looked very ordinary when Iowa played them but played their best ball when they had to.

Second highest crowd this season in all of baseball.

I really want Iowa/Nebraska to happen in the title game on a perfect Sunday. I think we could sell it out.

Second highest crowd this season in all of baseball.

I really want Iowa/Nebraska to happen in the title game on a perfect Sunday. I think we could sell it out.
I realize baseball is not well attended throughout the year so an announced attendance of 17,000 today opens some eyes. But remember, 17K is tickets distributed, not actual butts in the seats. And there should be a good crowd since the game was in NE & Debbie was playing.

All I am saying is that Omaha is an option.

However, Des Moines & Indy, with nice AAA parks, should be options too.

If Iowa were playing today in the B1G title game in Des Moines, there would have been a great crowd not just today, but yesterday, too.

If IU were playing today in the B1G title game in Indy, there would have been a great crowd not just today, but yesterday, too.

My argument was Indy is right in the middle of the B1G foot print and more convenient for fans. That's why the B1G holds several championships there.

Des Moines would be more convenient than Omaha, too.

Granted,

* the parks in Indy & Des Moines would have to be available. AND,

* the B1G would have to give a damn about baseball.

Just 17,000 "attendance" for the title game, which is tickets distributed, NOT actual butts in the seats.

Your head is so god damn far up your ass and you just continue to show it off with pride. Attendance has nothing to do with ticket sales. Attendance is taken at the gates. So yes, it is actual asses in the seats.

Keep telling us about how you know more than the rest of us. It’s pure entertainment.

“Just 17,000” is rich as well since it’s the 2nd highest attended game in college baseball this year, including other conference championship games. Fvck it though, let’s put it somewhere else where there is no potential for that whatsoever. You’re a god damn genius!

Keep up the good work, sport.

However, Des Moines & Indy, with nice AAA parks, should be options too.

It keeps getting better!

Principal Park capacity - 11,500
Victory Field capacity - 14,230

Less seats should really help out those higher attendance numbers you desire. There’s really no reason why the Big Ten shouldn’t be holding the tournaments in smaller venues with less significance and less potential for revenue and less exposure and more apathy for college baseball.

But hey, Indy is right in the middle of all the Big Ten college baseball fans that are just itching to get to the tournament games if only it were closer. I’m talking hundreds and hundreds of people all flocking to get to baseball town USA.

It keeps getting better!

Less seats should really help out those higher attendance numbers you desire. There’s really no reason why the Big Ten shouldn’t be holding the tournaments in smaller venues with less significance and less potential for revenue and less exposure and more apathy for college baseball.

But hey, Indy is right in the middle of all the Big Ten college baseball fans that are just itching to get to the tournament games if only it were closer. I’m talking hundreds and hundreds of people all flocking to get to baseball town USA.
Whoooo caaaarrreeeees Kyle. Go bask in losing to OSU in your backyard.

It keeps getting better!

I-Cubs > Omaha
Des Moines > Omaha
Iowa > Nebraska

It's science....

Reactions: Franisdaman
Attendance has nothing to do with ticket sales. Attendance is taken at the gates. So yes, it is actual asses in the seats.

Sorry, Lyle. Or is it Debbie? Sorry, forgot which you prefer.

The attendance # is total tickets distributed (tickets sold plus free tickets handed out). IT is NOT actual butts in the seats.

Iowa fans will remember the Lick years where the announced attendance was often 9,000 something yet there were maybe half that with actual butts in the seats (scanned tickets). Iowa fans might remember Scott Dochterman of the Gazette requesting that info (tickets scanned) from the University of Iowa.

Another example of "attendance" vs actual butts in the seats: The 2017 football game where Iowa HUMILIATED Debbie 56-14 had an announced attendance of 90,046. The scanned ticket number was 69,436. Source: https://www.omaha.com/huskers/footb...cle_b566631c-6431-54c4-925c-64c32d40a6eb.html @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset , look at how Debbie cheats with its football "attendance!"

Lyle/Debbie/or whatever the hell your name is, you really need to educate yourself on all aspects of sports like we Iowa fans have. It will take you a while but you will get there.

Oh, hell, who are we kidding. You will never get there.

Bye, Lyle/Debbie. Now go on and try and find a Debbie fan site where your lack of knowledge about sports and the B1G will be appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT