ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championships-Session 1 : PBP Thread

Someone, anyone, tell me there is something PHYSICALLY wrong with $$$.

If not, then he's quit on himself and the staff.
Well he missed the last meet. I’m pretty sure something is wrong with him. If he really had the flu as suspected, that can really hurt your conditioning.

Glynn gets to teh leg and then stops.
Here's another one. at 1:34 no crackdown. no finish.
Bobby likes people with 2 or 3 B's in their names.
Bobby is boosting the ratings- according to BT.
Pepple gets a leg and Ironside and Bobby fighting over whether he is in trouble or not.Glynn cannot fight it
TD and ride out
0-2
End of 1.

He was pointing to his family who were sitting behind the ISU coaches...but yea, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Maybe Massa was directing at his family as well. I think his win was much bigger than Glynn’s win over the 11th seed in the Big 12. If it’s ok for Glynn to celebrate, its ok for Massa in a much bigger situation.

I think both are ok, and don’t have a problem with either. It’s the hypocrisy that gets me.

2nd period
Neutral
LEg and scrmble
Almost NF for Pepple
Now firemans for Glynn
and nothing.
1:10 togo.
Glynn shoots with 20 seconds
SW on Pepple
Rolls through
End of 2
0-2
RTis -0:08

Ok cash wrestled like crap but he was out of the ISU meet with the flu, how did that affect his health and training? Body fully over it?
Maybe, but Cash just hasn't looked like he's been interested in wrestling for quite some time now. No, I'm certainly not "harping on the kid", but his demeanor on the mat makes it look as if he's just not interested. Maybe he's just burnt out on the sport in general...who knows? All I know is I've watched him wrestle four times this season and each match he's had the same demeanor, and of course it's frustrating to watch as a fan yet at the same time, I hope Cash is okay personally because there is obviously something big going on with him mentally right now and I hope he can get it figured out.

3rd period
Pepple goes down.
Not eager to get out.
3pod by pepple
0-2
Glynn has a cross wrist
"Tilt him here"
and he loses it.
53 seconds
Glynn gets RT and cuts
0-3
16seconds on clock
Glynn loses
1-3
That's it. Iowa is solidly in 4th place. I'm going to step away. It wasn't a good day and I'm sure some of the board will be melting down. I will remain a fan of Iowa and while I am not surprised that we are battling for 4th, I'm still not happy about it. and even though I'm not happy, I'm not going to trash our wrestlers.

Hoping for a crop of blue ribbon recruits in '19 class.... the '18 class is pretty thin for Iowa. Meanwhile tOSU and PSU haul in a bunch more.

3rd period
Pepple goes down.
Not eager to get out.
3pod by pepple
0-2
Glynn has a cross wrist
"Tilt him here"
and he loses it.
53 seconds
Glynn gets RT and cuts
0-3
16seconds on clock
Glynn loses
1-3
That's it. Iowa is solidly in 4th place. I'm going to step away. It wasn't a good day and I'm sure some of the board will be melting down. I will remain a fan of Iowa and while I am not surprised that we are battling for 4th, I'm still not happy about it. and even though I'm not happy, I'm not going to trash our wrestlers.
Is that all this round? Next IA guy will be Turk in consi at beginning of round II?

Maybe Massa was directing at his family as well. I think his win was much bigger than Glynn’s win over the 11th seed in the Big 12. If it’s ok for Glynn to celebrate, its ok for Massa in a much bigger situation.

I think both are ok, and don’t have a problem with either. It’s the hypocrisy that gets me.
who r u - and why do i care what you think?

That 11th seed in the Big 12 was one of the better wrestlers on your Cyclone squad there crabcakes, so don't be so quick to dismiss the big moment for the Paul Glynn's of the world.

So we all speculate that Cash should be a 184. Anyone else think that he is pissed at the coaching staff about not letting him go 184 while we entertained the PDIII nonsense?
He didn't certify at '84. That's on Wilcke.

He BARELY made NCCA's last year, only after another '97 medicalled out of the tournament.

I think there were some irrational expectations placed on him after Midlands and beating Warner. He's regressed to the mean.

How do you lose to an Indiana wrestler that’s 12-18? That’s unbelievably sad. Never mind that you couldn’t finish 4 deep shots on him. We should literally have 4 guys in our room that would beat that kid.
J Rent is in the quarters - how does that make you feel

The only opinion I have is Wilcke would be average at either weight, but better suited for 184 regardless. Outside of that I don't know or care how he ended up where he did.

While I don't agree, I think this is fair. Something clearly is wrong maybe it is an injury. Then this makes sense. I'm fully buying into an illness as this has been going on for a while. Regardless how weak Midlands has become, you don't win it with what Cash has been displaying lately. He has shown to be much better (even up a weight).

Reactions: Dagboi
Just went 0-2 at one of the weights we tell everyone we have the best room for.

Wait...what? We brag about 125 and 133. I’m pretty sure Lee won his match and we have a guy who never won a state title at 133.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT