ADVERTISEMENT

B1G COTY rankings?

Bro D

HR Legend
Nov 17, 2003
Who has the edge right now? Fran or Chambers? Guessing media will give edge to Chambers but what Fran has done this year has been incredible.

IMO:
1. Fran
2. Chambers
3. Pikiell
4. Turgeon
5. Underwood

Reactions: Torg
except Fran has done more with less than any of the others
I agree with you albeit Less with the best player in the nation and a solid 2nd team all BIG. Losing 3 guys who started this year and a top 100 recruit? That said, PSU has typically a very average at best Hoops program and Chambers is going places no one imagined. Chambers gets the nod. Fran gets it next year when we make a serious national run for the whole damn ball of wax.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I don't disagree with the logic. PSU has been good, but I like Marylands coach a lot. I guess it doesn't matter as long as it isn't Izzo.

Almost 0% for chance for Izzo at this point. They are really under achieving this year from being pre-season #1.

All of the other coaches already mentioned have been fantastic this year, including Fran.

Why I would give the slight edge to Fran is looking at the losses of Bohannon and Nunge for the season and the development of Garza.

Almost 0% for chance for Izzo at this point. They are really under achieving this year from being pre-season #1.

All of the other coaches already mentioned have been fantastic this year, including Fran.

Why I would give the slight edge to Fran is looking at the losses of Bohannon and Nunge for the season and the development of Garza.
Sound logic as well. Add in PMac as well CJF for times and you have a point. That said, every team faces adversity, see Izzo losing his best player. But screw MSU.

which ever team wins the BIG this year the coach should be COTY.
So Turgeon?

I don't see Maryland collapsing enough to give the title to PSU.

IMO, the Big Ten media/coaches will see it as a three-horse race between Trunchbull, Pickle, and P.J. Fleck From the Future because they don't like Fran.......

Chambers
Pikell
Turgeon
Fran
Underwood
I agree with this order, although I might switch Fran and Turgeon, who many believe has the most talent in the league. If Iowa can get to 12-8 and PSU, Rutgers and Mary Land have a bunch of losses, which I think is unlikely for PSU and Mary Land especially, Fran would have an outside shot.

I agree with this order, although I might switch Fran and Turgeon, who many believe has the most talent in the league. If Iowa can get to 12-8 and PSU, Rutgers and Mary Land have a bunch of losses, which I think is unlikely for PSU and Mary Land especially, Fran would have an outside shot.
Underwood is out. No chance now with Illinois crashing back to reality.

I agree with the Fran/Turgeon switch. Pike had Rutgers ranked for the first time since what was it 1980 or 81. To bring that program to that point is pretty crazy. Chambers probably should have been fired last year. AD at PSU looks like a damn genius.

Sound logic as well. Add in PMac as well CJF for times and you have a point. That said, every team faces adversity, see Izzo losing his best player. But screw MSU.

Yes... I should have included PMac but CJF may or may not be back? Who knows.

Izzo you are right about. He has plenty to fall back on. I didn't see him play a game with 6 scholarship players yet.

Turgeon, it has been stated by numerous sources, has the best talent in the B1G. No one is making that claim for McCaffery. Yes, Garza is a beast, but he wasn't even given a sniff in the preseason poll of the best players in the league, and up until recently, it seems as though many pundits kept acting like his numbers were a fluke and he would revert to the norms they had expected of him.
Chambers and PSU are having a great season, but no one has dealt with the adversities that have smacked the Hawks this year.

Reactions: HoustonREDHawk
When you consider what follows, it's going to be hard to deny Pat Chambers of Penn State.

Steve P of Rutgers is right there, too, in case PSU chokes down the stretch.

If votes go to anyone other than those 2, Fran probably comes in 3rd.

ESPN's Preseason Predicted Order of Finish:

1 Michigan State

2 Maryland

3 Ohio State

4 Purdue

5 Michigan

6 Illinois

7 Indiana

8 Wisconsin

9 IOWA

10 Minnesota

11 Penn State

12 Rutgers

13 Nebraska

14 Northwestern

LINK: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...20-predictions-michigan-state-back-hype#Picks

Reactions: DelmonteGriffith
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT