ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Michigan Game Thread*****

I know Michigan is not good but it is still great to win one on the road

Winning any game on the road is tough. Absolutely had to win this one to make up for the home loss to these guys if we want a good season.

Freeman, Perkins, Dix are all good B1G players. Sandfort when he's on is a good B1G player. There is enough talent on this Iowa team to win 10 or more games in B1G. Being under 0.500 is underachieving but we do have had 2 games with Purdue and 1 game with Wisconsin in those losses and those two teams are at top of B1G.

Pmac has also been through hell battling cancer and the side affects since and his friend dying of it. Just food for thought.

Good to know. I think that has been mentioned 1000 times on TV and on this BB. Is playing time no longer doled out base on merit/effort/results but instead given out based on hard knocks/DNA?

PMAC was so-so. He's around 7th or 8th best player on the team. Seems like a good young man, not his fault his Father grooves on playing him and pretending his boys are better than they are.

Winning any game on the road is tough. Absolutely had to win this one to make up for the home loss to these guys if we want a good season.

Freeman, Perkins, Dix are all good B1G players. Sandfort when he's on is a good B1G player. There is enough talent on this Iowa team to win 10 or more games in B1G. Being under 0.500 is underachieving but we do have had 2 games with Purdue and 1 game with Wisconsin in those losses and those two teams are at top of B1G.
Two horrible losses at home though. Should be 6-3.

Mccaffrey... 4 pts and 1 rebound. He is so weak around the basket. It's infuriating.
Hawks win and all you can do is rag on PMac3 and spell his name wrong.

e
Mccaffrey... 4 pts and 1 rebound. He is so weak around the basket. It's infuriating.
Hawks win and all you can do is rag on PMac and spell his name wrong.

Last edited:
Good to know. I think that has been mentioned 1000 times on TV and on this BB. Is playing time no longer doled out base on merit/effort/results but instead given out based on hard knocks/DNA?

PMAC was so-so. He's around 7th or 8th best player on the team. Seems like a good young man, not his fault his Father grooves on playing him and pretending his boys are better than they are.
Cool and I said he was fine and doing OK when he was in which as accurate.

Good to see them win that game. I expected a loss being on the road. It's a shame they lost at home to those turds. That's a bad Michigan team. I hope Juwan stays there forever. Awful coach.
don't tell the infamous know-it-all Legend (see bold)

Cool and I said he was fine and doing OK when he was in which as accurate.
Yes he wasn't awful....just 1/5 from field, only a single rebound that happened to bounce into his hands because he doesn't go and get rebounds, and he had a boneheaded foul when Iowa was trying to put the game away and Michigan was in double bonus, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 1 assist. None of those stats scream PLAY ME MORE.

He's the 7th or 8th best player on team, so why is he averaging 25 mpg for the season? PMAC isn't checking himself into the game, so it is Fran's issue. Fran obviously likes to pretend his son is better than he is.

Yes he wasn't awful....just 1/5 from field, only a single rebound that happened to bounce into his hands because he doesn't go and get rebounds, and he had a boneheaded foul when Iowa was trying to put the game away and Michigan was in double bonus, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 1 assist. None of those stats scream PLAY ME MORE.

He's the 7th or 8th best player on team, so why is he averaging 25 mpg for the season? PMAC isn't checking himself into the game, so it is Fran's issue. Fran obviously likes to pretend his son is better than he is.
He played ok on D as well contesting shots with his height. We beat Michigan on road by a lot I'll focus on that.

I think the Michigan/Maryland losses will loom large. This is a bubbleish type team (which is better than I expected.) Those losses are tourney killers.
Agree about the two losses. I expected to be a bubble team at least when season started. Never expect less.

Agree about the two losses. I expected to be a bubble team at least when season started. Never expect less.
We lost two of the best players we have ever had at Iowa in consecutive years in the Murray twins. They would be seniors this season.

Something like that happening really puts a program like Iowa off track because we largely develop our talent over 3 or 4 years in the program. For that reason, in my mind it was a solid rebuilding year and I thought NIT was likely and tourney would be overachieving. Turns out they were good enough for the tourney berth but are going to miss out due to a couple bad losses.

You’re a broken record - give it a rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT