ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball can no longer ignore Ron DeSantis’s culture wars

What in the HOLY HELL does MLB have to do with this?
DeSantis was the Captain of his baseball team at Yale. He was asked about the ALLEGED removal of a book about Roberto Clemente and his response was ARE YOU KIDDING?
He viewed Clemente as a role model and a hero.
Desperate idiots.
You seem very angry and defensive. If MLB feels the leader of Florida is not on the side of the MLB players then they have the right to do whatever they want. I get it you don't like it but that's the consequence of having a leader like desantis. Sorry but you helped vote him into office, I guess you now have to deal with the outcome.

Last edited:
You seem very angry and defensive. If MLB feels the leader of Florida is not on the side of the MLB players then they have the right to do whatever they want. I get it you don't like it but that's the consequence of having a leader like desantis. Sorry but you helped vote him into office, I guess you now have to deal with the outcome.
I’m only exasperated at the fvcking stupidity.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I’m only exasperated at the fvcking stupidity.

Don't you understand there are consequences of all the things desantis is doing that impact minorities. If you want others to be inclusive towards you, you might want to be inclusive to them. It's a very simple concept that seems to make you mad and angry.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Don't you understand there are consequences of all the things desantis is doing that impact minorities. If you want others to be inclusive towards you, you might want to be inclusive to them. It's a very simple concept that seems to make you mad and angry.
DeSantis is not impacting minorities and it’s amazing that you’re so gullible / unless of course you’re a troll.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
DeSantis is not impacting minorities and it’s amazing that you’re so gullible / unless of course you’re a troll.

I don't expect someone like you (far right) to see the negative impact on minorities. Whether you see it or not, you should at least understand that when decisions are made, there can be consequences to those decisions.

I don't expect someone like you (far right) to see the negative impact on minorities. Whether you see it or not, you should at least understand that when decisions are made, there can be consequences to those decisions.
What I’d like for you to share (please) is how very SPECIFICALLY minorities are “negatively impacted”.
I didn’t expect that you would respond to me in any manner other than an insult but it’s become commonplace here.

Reactions: kzoohawk80
I see a nerve has been struck.

It’s funny to see the same folks get upset whenever it’s proposed to apply consequences to racism.

And if you wouldn’t mind also providing very specific instances and examples of racism from DeSantis - or me?

Reactions: kzoohawk80
You seem really angry. My favorite crazy.
I’m not angry at all. It’s not angry to ask someone to back up their assertions.
You probably don’t get out much but for a basement kinda guy that’s not a shock.

I’m not angry at all. It’s not angry to ask someone to back up their assertions.
You probably don’t get out much but for a basement kinda guy that’s not a shock.
Yet. You have never backed anything up. This is fact. Throw out a few more teaching high school English stories when you were in the Civil War. You are the ideal old MAGA.

Reactions: SB_SB
Yet. You have never backed anything up. This is fact. Throw out a few more teaching high school English stories when you were in the Civil War. You are the ideal old MAGA.
LOL. Okay, that made me laugh.

I'm not the one cancelling books about Roberto Clemente. I'm not the one saying it's too great of a risk for white kids to learn about slavery because some of them might feel bad about it. Talk to your governor.
Why do we have seemingly -- seemingly -- intelligent people posting that and liking it? Obviously the aim of the DeSantis stuff was not to simply not teach about slavery because white kids might have their feelings hurt.

And if you wouldn’t mind also providing very specific instances and examples of racism from DeSantis - or me?

Don't say gay
His war on Disney because of don't say gay
Removing DEI programs
His war on books

If you're not a straight white republican then you're at risk desantis starting a war with you. Don't worry he'll eventually get to you, those people always do.

Reactions: TC Nole OX

Let's be honest, you're an angry old white lady. There's plenty of people like you in florida that's why desantis can get elected. You've supported trump for the last two elections and now your new guy is worse than the old guy. Let's be honest, your thought process is completely off and history has proven it.

What outcome? Are you referring an opinion piece written by one anti American leftist?

Reactions: goldmom
Let's be honest, you're an angry old white lady. There's plenty of people like you in florida that's why desantis can get elected. You've supported trump for the last two elections and now your new guy is worse than the old guy. Let's be honest, your thought process is completely off and history has proven it.
Wow.
You assume lots of things about me -and some are true. I am white and I am a senior citizen and I did vote Trump in ‘16 and ‘20.
But I’m not angry. My thought process (my opinions and views) differs from yours and that’s allowed.
To say that history has “proved it” is odd to say the least.
All three things you listed have been disproven.
I suspect you’re at an age where you’re still emotionally idealistic. Life will intrude and provide you with growth and a world view. If I’m wrong you have some very different stances than me and that’s not my problem.

• Love
Reactions: abby97
Don't say gay
Removing DEI programs
His war on books

If you're not a straight white republican then you're at risk desantis starting a war with you. Don't worry he'll eventually get to you, those people always do.

Oh boy. 😏

Don't say gay
Removing DEI programs
His war on books

Rich straight white male Republicans are the only ones who are safe. Everyone else can FOAD in Tater Tot’s eyes. Even those would be wise to give donations and make public pronouncements of loyalty and praise.

Reactions: SB_SB
Wow.
You assume lots of things about me -and some are true. I am white and I am a senior citizen and I did vote Trump in ‘16 and ‘20.
But I’m not angry. My thought process (my opinions and views) differs from yours and that’s allowed.
To say that history has “proved it” is odd to say the least.
All three things you listed have been disproven.
I suspect you’re at an age where you’re still emotionally idealistic. Life will intrude and provide you with growth and a world view. If I’m wrong you have some very different stances than me and that’s not my problem.
You're previous posts showed how mad you get, just like desantis when things don't go your way. With your voting record, it might be best if you sit future elections out because you're clearly struggling with reality. Sit back and enjoy you final years sitting on the porch of your trailer.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97 and blhawk
Rich straight white male Republicans are the only ones who are safe. Everyone else can FOAD in Tater Tot’s eyes. Even those would be wise to give donations and make public pronouncements of loyalty and praise.

Their last selection for president required loyalty and praise, and they've now moved to the next guy with the same requirements. It's odd the way they pick that type of personality.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
The owners are the ones who decide what is best for their teams, not mlb. MLB can just vote to approve or deny moves like them shutting down the Rays' ridiculous plan to play part of their schedule in Montreal

These teams have invested in spring training facilities that they aren't likely to walk away from but if the Rays and Marlins are stupid enough to stay in Florida long term that is on them.

Nevermind politics... they are always at the bottom of the league in attendance (28 and 29 of 30 last yr) and the Rays were a playoff team. The Marlins have a nice, new stadium but nobody goes. In contrast, the Rockies won only 68 games but still were 8th in attendance.

Florida baseball fans are some of the most pathetic in all of pro sports. They don't deserve any teams based on their track record of abysmal support, even when their teams are winning. But if their owners want to stay in that shithole state nobody is stopping them

Last edited:
You're previous posts showed how mad you get, just like desantis when things don't go your way. With your voting record, it might be best if you sit future elections out because you're clearly struggling with reality. Sit back and enjoy you final years sitting on the porch of your trailer.
I’ve never lived in a trailer and I didn’t know they had porches but okay.
You’ve never been the brightest bulb in the chandelier, have you?
😏

Reactions: abby97
I’ve never lived in a trailer and I didn’t know they had porches but okay.
You’ve never been the brightest bulb in the chandelier, have you?
😏

I’m bright enough to know trump and desantis are scumbags so what does that say about you. Like I said, now might be a good time for you to stop voting.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97 and blhawk
Minnesota Wild players refused to wear “Pride” warmup jerseys last night.

I guess you can scratch that State off the list to move to.

Reactions: goldmom
Nevermind politics... they are always at the bottom of the league in attendance (28 and 29 of 30 last yr) and the Rays were a playoff team. The Marlins have a nice, new stadium but nobody goes. In contrast, the Rockies won only 68 games but still were 8th in attendance.

Florida baseball fans are some of the most pathetic in all of pro sports. They don't deserve any teams based on their track record of abysmal support, even when their teams are winning. But if their owners want to stay in that shithole state nobody is stopping them
Very true. Florida baseball fans are the worst in all of pro sports. Miami & Tama (St. Pete) do not deserve their teams.

Look who's mad again because she can't handle the truth. Get back to us when you actually vote for someone who isn't a complete idiot. I'm sure you've narrowed it down to trump or desantis.
I’m laughing. How can someone be mad and laughing simultaneously?

I’m laughing. How can someone be mad and laughing simultaneously?

They always say it's good if you can laugh at yourself. Glad to see you're able to do it. I guess we do have something in common, we're all laughing at your voting history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT