ADVERTISEMENT

BBC got a black police officer on to discuss Chauvin's convictions

What exactly did he say that is factually incorrect?
Herein lies the biggest issue. None of the main facts this guy referenced was incorrect. Here is a police officer, who happens to be a black, speaking verifiable facts and people will try and spin it anyway they can to negate his voice. Now, admittedly, I do not know about the Byrd reference, as I had not heard that before, but the other facts that he listed are true and are EASILY verified by ANYONE who wants to take literally 5 minutes to check them out. Now, I am only speaking about the facts that he made, not about the causes for those facts. So, lets be clear on that. I do applaud this guy for at least trying to set the record straight with this reporter on the numbers, which the report had not even bothered to check and get right before he said them.

You really don't think the $27 million settlement didn't influence the jury?

Philando Castile's murderer was acquitted and his family received a settlement.
Jamar Clark's murderers weren't even arrested and his family received a settlement.
Brianna Taylor's murderers weren't arrested and her family received a settlement.

The criminal case didn't seem to influence the civil case in any of these. And that door swings both ways.

Last edited:
Herein lies the biggest issue. None of the main facts this guy referenced was incorrect. Here is a police officer, who happens to be a black, speaking verifiable facts and people will try and spin it anyway they can to negate his voice. Now, admittedly, I do not know about the Byrd reference, as I had not heard that before, but the other facts that he listed are true and are EASILY verified by ANYONE who wants to take literally 5 minutes to check them out. Now, I am only speaking about the facts that he made, not about the causes for those facts. So, lets be clear on that. I do applaud this guy for at least trying to set the record straight with this reporter on the numbers, which the report had not even bothered to check and get right before he said them.

Excellent post. The bare bone facts give a vague and incomplete picture. Greater context is needed to ascertain any sort of veritable truth.

Give BigDelReyDoobi a break. He searched his social media feeds long and hard to validate the narrative he woke up today yearning to push.
Ah...so then, he's definitely "woke". You should be pleased!

They guy said "in my personal opinion" A LOT. I hope you're not counting them as facts. Doesn't leave a lot of "facts" left in his arguement when you take those statements out. Just saying...

Reactions: Joes Place
Numerous people have been cancelled due to their words. No chance for redemption.

And then there's the left's take on Robert Byrd.
What? Robert Byrd is a perfect example of the left NOT cancelling someone, and (irony that went completely over your head) the right wants to ignore his later DECADES and cancel everyone who praised/associated with him later in his life. And it’s not just Robert Byrd: Tammy Faye Baker, Larry Pressler, Jonah Goldberg, Jennifer Rubin, Patricia Heaton. All people once HATED by the left that have long since redeemed themselves.

Have you heard of the term “disproportionate”?
Disproportionate implies an outcome as a result of systematic or repeated exclusion or bias. But often it's a result of taking the path of least resistance, and sometimes that can be attributed to generational issues rather than an immovable wall of resistance.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
What? Robert Byrd is a perfect example of the left NOT cancelling someone, and (irony that went completely over your head) the right wants to ignore his later DECADES and cancel everyone who praised/associated with him later in his life. And it’s not just Robert Byrd: Tammy Faye Baker, Larry Pressler, Jonah Goldberg, Jennifer Rubin, Patricia Heaton. All people once HATED by the left that have long since redeemed themselves.

LOL. Someone missed the point alright...

Tatum’s references to the crime statistics amongst blacks are verifiably accurate. As I’ve said before, controlling for crime, there is no racial disparity in the use of lethal force by police. He’s also correct that the media is selling Americans on lies that are easily disproven. Yet, crime and police use of force statistics are continually willfully ignored by those eager to propagate inaccurate narratives of police racism. There is a lot of money to be made dividing America and scapegoating police for society’s ills.

Last edited:
LOL. Someone missed the point alright...
If I was on the right, the people who want to cancel everyone they don’t like for CONSERVATIVE positions they held decades ago (and anyone who associated with them after they changed), I guess I would want to purposely miss the point too.

Disproportionate implies an outcome as a result of systematic or repeated exclusion or bias. But often it's a result of taking the path of least resistance, and sometimes that can be attributed to generational issues rather than an immovable wall of resistance.
So then we agree that we have systemic racism in this country and it’s been going on for generations?

Tatum’s references to the crime statistics amongst blacks are verifiably accurate. As I’ve said before, controlling for crime, there is no racial disparity in the use of lethal force by police. He’s also correct that the media is selling Americans on lies that are easily disproven. Yet, crime and police use of force statistics are continually willfully ignored by those eager to propagate inaccurate narratives of police racism.
This entire topic is more about our systems than the media.

Tatum’s references to the crime statistics amongst blacks are verifiably accurate. As I’ve said before, controlling for crime, there is no racial disparity in the use of lethal force by police. He’s also correct that the media is selling Americans on lies that are easily disproven. Yet, crime and police use of force statistics are continually willfully ignored by those eager to propagate inaccurate narratives of police racism. There is a lot of money to be made dividing America and scapegoating police for society’s ills.

I would like to take this a step further. If it is true blacks are committing crimes at the highest rate among all racial demographics, then the next logical step is to ask, why?

Is there an inherent flaw in greater concentrations of melanin that predisposes a person toward subversive or unlawful behavior? Or, is there something more insidious at play that stems from centuries of cultural and systemic prejudice, persecution, and exclusion?

If it makes sense to someone that skin color is an archetype for criminal behavior, no further exploration is required. But if someone is interested in cogent thought outside of one's anal crevice, it's imperative.

I would like to take this a step further. If it is true blacks are committing crimes at the highest rate among all racial demographics, then the next logical step is to ask, why?

Is there an inherent flaw in greater concentrations of melanin that predisposes a person toward subversive or unlawful behavior? Or, is there something more insidious at play that stems from centuries of cultural and systemic prejudice, persecution, and exclusion?

If it makes sense to someone that skin color is an archetype for criminal behavior, no further exploration is required. But if someone is interested in cogent thought outside of one's anal crevice, it's imperative.
If you get a chance, read about Wolfgang’s Subculture of Violence theory and Merton’s Strain Theory. Also, controlling for socioeconomic status, there is a much smaller disparity in criminality between all races.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Him? Says the guy who posts like a 12 year old.
He nailed it statistically, 13% committed 50+% of all violent crime...

Speaking of 12 year olds Suckeyes, suck on this:

12-year-old boy shot, killed in Davenport
By Emily Andersen,
Quad-City Times DAVENPORT — Orange balloons dotted the sky over the Mississippi River as family members and friends of Devell Johnson Jr. gathered Friday evening to remember his all-too-short life.
Devell, 12, was shot and killed Thursday afternoon in Davenport, while he was riding his bike with three friends in an alley. Witnesses said a black SUV stopped at the alley around 3:30 p.m., and someone in the vehicle fired about eight shots toward the boys.
Devell was shot in the chest and died almost immediately, a witness said. Another boy was shot and taken to the hospital, where he was treated and released. Two others were unharmed.
No arrests have been made.
De’an Humphrey, 18, of Hannibal, Mo., was riding a bicycle with the boys and was arrested after a short foot chase near the scene.
He was charged with interfering with official acts and a weapons charge, but he is not a person of interest in the shooting, Davenport Police Chief Paul Sikorski said Friday.
Billy Prunchak, whose family owns a 5 Star Muffler shop near the shooting scene, said he heard the burst of gunfire while at the garage.
“From what I could hear, he (the shooter) emptied the clip as fast as he could pull the trigger,” Prunchak said. “I called 911 and came outside.”
He pointed to a spot just across the alley, saying he saw the boy lying there. “‘I saw him take one breath,” he said. “That was it.”
The people who knew and loved Devell came together shortly after 5 p.m. Friday to release orange balloons — Devell's favorite color — and to share a moment of silence for the boy and those affected by his death.

The Dirty D trying to regain it's thunder after CR passed it earlier this year...

So you haven’t read the legislation or compared it to voting legislation in some blue states. Instead, you listen to pundits on TV. Okay
Sounds like you’re listening to right wing media, who laughably tried to say Georgia remains less restrictive than states Colorado. Okay.

Educate yourself...

Reactions: Joes Place
He nailed it statistically, 13% committed 50+% of all violent crime...

Speaking of 12 year olds Suckeyes, suck on this:

12-year-old boy shot, killed in Davenport
By Emily Andersen,
Quad-City Times DAVENPORT — Orange balloons dotted the sky over the Mississippi River as family members and friends of Devell Johnson Jr. gathered Friday evening to remember his all-too-short life.
Devell, 12, was shot and killed Thursday afternoon in Davenport, while he was riding his bike with three friends in an alley. Witnesses said a black SUV stopped at the alley around 3:30 p.m., and someone in the vehicle fired about eight shots toward the boys.
Devell was shot in the chest and died almost immediately, a witness said. Another boy was shot and taken to the hospital, where he was treated and released. Two others were unharmed.
No arrests have been made.
De’an Humphrey, 18, of Hannibal, Mo., was riding a bicycle with the boys and was arrested after a short foot chase near the scene.
He was charged with interfering with official acts and a weapons charge, but he is not a person of interest in the shooting, Davenport Police Chief Paul Sikorski said Friday.
Billy Prunchak, whose family owns a 5 Star Muffler shop near the shooting scene, said he heard the burst of gunfire while at the garage.
“From what I could hear, he (the shooter) emptied the clip as fast as he could pull the trigger,” Prunchak said. “I called 911 and came outside.”
He pointed to a spot just across the alley, saying he saw the boy lying there. “‘I saw him take one breath,” he said. “That was it.”
The people who knew and loved Devell came together shortly after 5 p.m. Friday to release orange balloons — Devell's favorite color — and to share a moment of silence for the boy and those affected by his death.

The Dirty D trying to regain it's thunder after CR passed it earlier this year...
Sounds like the De'an Humphrey was the true target of those shots and Devell Johnson was the innocent bystander. Do you know if they ever caught the guy?

Sounds like you’re listening to right wing media, who laughably tried to say Georgia remains less restrictive than states Colorado. Okay.

Educate yourself...

Yep.

Georgia is WAY worse than CO now.

AND, the legislature has allowed itself to REPLACE any local election official with their own lackeys. As has been pointed out numerous times already, if this had been the law in 2020, they could have put a Trumper in charge and declared fraud on as many votes as they needed - exactly as Trump asked them to do.

BECAUSE they did not have a lackey in charge, this could not happen in 2020. NOW, it absolutely can happen. Straight out of the fascism toolbox: It doesn't matter who votes, it matters who COUNTS the votes.

So you haven’t read the legislation or compared it to voting legislation in some blue states. Instead, you listen to pundits on TV. Okay

Pushing things too far here. Blue states with Republican legislatures, or strong minorities. Or where legislature introduced.

I’ve always believed it’s directly related to income levels, not race.

Reactions: hwk23
They guy said "in my personal opinion" A LOT. I hope you're not counting them as facts. Doesn't leave a lot of "facts" left in his arguement when you take those statements out. Just saying...
To be very clear, the statistics he referenced were not "just his opinion" They are indeed verifiable facts that can be easily checked. And they are extremely important. Just saying.....

Reactions: hawkosx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT