Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 77 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 74 41.6%
  • Unsure/Maybe

Votes: 27 15.2%

• Total voters
Believe in God and Christ. Have a lot of issues with the modern day Christian church however.
That’s because they aren’t teaching people anything about the Bible anymore. It’s become a personal soapbox to preach about social or political bullsh!t!

I guess those state legislatures need to start doing their job abs start mandating church attendance and belief in God.
This is probably the most most important reason to approve school vouchers and getting school kids away from the godless secular humanists that run the public schools…. And their teacher unions!

I don’t think there is a god but I’m not sure what happens after death. Some NDEs (near death experience) stories are wild to me and idk how that can be explained. Like when a person is legally dead but they can see what is happening from a far but that would be physically and mentally impossible under such circumstances. There is definitely a higher being within the cosmos but I don’t know if that has any impact with us.

I am in the camp of Live your best life, treat people with respect in real life (not HORT), and just be a good person. Whatever happens after death then I guess we will see. 🤷🏽‍♂️
https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=1102021229&par=0

you might like this …

• Haha
Reactions: HawkFan1298
Stories written later to match a preordained story are no surprise.
Then how can you explain Isaiah prophesying that Babylon would be overthrown on one night nearly 200 years before it happened? And naming the ruler who would lead the conquest?

My belief is if someone goes to Hell, it would be only be because they chose to go to Hell. He gives us free will. He loves us unconditionally, but He is not going to force us to love Him back. It saddens Him beyond anything we could possibly understand to see one of His children choose Hell over Heaven. The Devil seeks the ruin of souls, because he hates us and knows the best way to hurt God is separate us from Him. These are my beliefs. I am not trying to convince you.
Hellfire is not a Bible teaching .

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=502013345&srcid=

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I will say that there may be negatives associated with declining religiosity in the US.

Insomuch as religion is a positive social force in somebodies life, we may be losing something. One less reason to gather, to participate in community. It can provide positive structure and a call to good in the world.

So if we're removing that and replacing with nothing, we're losing something.

I don't think the Founding Fathers wanted God eliminated from the public square.

Separation of Church and state was about not having one official state religion like Anglican.

It didn't mean eliminating Christianity from public life. Many Founding Fathers like Ben Franklin and John Adams thought it was important to have a religious people.
Unfortunately most people do not understand this.

It certainly is.

I suggest you Take a look at the link provided. That is scripture was meant to be symbolic and not literal. It meant everlasting DESTRUCTION . Not everlasting suffering in a literal place of fiery torment

I do not take it as fact that there is a supernatural entity controlling my or any other person's life. I may be wrong but if I am that's on me.
And you deserve to burn in hell forever - because that's what our loving, benevolent God decrees.

Fortunately, that's all superstitious nonsense.

Being an agnostic means leaving the door open to superstitious nonsense.

Why would anyone think that's the smart thing to do?

And you deserve to burn in hell forever - because that's what our loving, benevolent God decrees.

So are you atheist or agnostic ?

I suggest you Take a look at the link provided. That is scripture was meant to be symbolic and not literal. It meant everlasting DESTRUCTION . Not everlasting suffering in a literal place of fiery torment

Jesus literally says "everlasting fire."

I'm going with that and not the Jehovas Witness theology.

Because the positives far outweigh any negatives.

How much longer do you think you'll live for?

So are you atheist or agnostic ?
Atheist, of course.

If God (as conventionally viewed in our culture) did exist, He would know exactly what it would take to convince any individual of His existence. Because, you know, omniscience and all that.

Moreover, it would also be trivial for God to do whatever it takes to convince each person. Because, you know, omnipotence.

Since He hasn't done that, He either doesn't care if we believe and have faith . . . or He is a fictitious construct.

That isn't a proof that atheism is right. But is is proof that anyone who thinks there is a caring God who wants us to believe and have faith in Him is barking nuts.

then where is your church ? the one I was brought up in was /is Tired Creek Primitive Baptist Church where all of my recent anscestors are interred
There are lots of different sects of Baptists. American Baptists are about as progressive as they come. SBC on the other hand…

Catholic.
Attended almost every week until covid and this Pope. Sorry but I'm not listening to a fricking communist.
Not a true believer in god or heaven. Once this pope leaves I may start attending again. Heading to Italy in August - may hit some masses in a couple basilicas.
Believe in past presence and most of the teachings of Jesus - treatment of people, family and community and we all benefit.
Short summary.
It is funny, ironic, and sad you are supposedly staying away from the church due to the current pope. Of all the popes in my lifetime, he is the most christ-like.

Why do so many still confuse a church with God? And why do so many still confuse faith with religion? And why still do so many confuse man's work with God's? And also, why do so many men strive to change God's word to suit their desires?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT