ADVERTISEMENT

Biden’s Reelection May Be at Risk

Sharky1203

HR All-American
Silver Member
Sep 14, 2023
Odds are growing that Joe Biden will be the fourth president impeached by the House, joining Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton and Biden’s predecessor, Donald Trump, who was twice impeached by the lower chamber, in 2019 and 2021.

While short on evidence so far, House Republicans are plowing forward with their inquiry, even issuing subpoenas for Biden’s family members as part of an effort to prove the president illegally profited from his son’s business dealings.

Biden may still be spared impeachment if the GOP’s probe goes nowhere. And even if not, the Democratic Senate wouldn’t vote to convict and remove the president from office, barring some sort of bombshell revelation. But the impeachment inquiry could still hurt Biden’s reelection chances, sowing greater doubt about a president already grappling with poor job approval.

Also hampering Biden’s chances are two key swing-state demographics. One is rural voters, whom the president is actively trying to win back after years of bleeding rural support. Biden and various lieutenants are starting to visit communities across the country, highlighting a $5 billion campaign that includes investments in infrastructure and sustainable agriculture.

Republicans expanded their rural advantage under Donald Trump, who garnered 59% of the rural vote in 2016 and 65% in 2020. Democrats were able to offset this decline somewhat by making further inroads with suburban voters. But the shift puts them at a disadvantage in key swing states, such as Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, all of which have a higher share of rural residents than the nation overall.

The other is Arab-American and Muslim voters, who have soured on Biden over his response to the latest Israeli-Palestinian conflict. One poll shows support for Biden’s reelection among this voting bloc plunging from 59% in 2020 to 17%. This development poses a problem for Democrats in Michigan, which is home to one of the country’s largest Arab-American populations and Rashida Tlaib (D), the only Palestinian-American lawmaker in Congress.

Tlaib has faced pushback for her criticism of the Biden administration’s support for Israel. An intraparty fight is the last thing the party needs before competitive presidential and Senate races.

Not to mention the retirement of Joe Manchin (D-WV), which is a huge blow for Senate Democrats. Republicans will easily flip his seat. Manchin was among the few Democrats who could have won in the deep-red state, though even his poll numbers were flagging.

So, the GOP needs only one more seat for a full majority in the chamber, and not even that if a Republican wins the White House – allowing the vice president to serve as a tiebreaking vote, as Kamala Harris did early on in Biden’s presidency.

The GOP will also benefit from a favorable Senate map. The Republicans must defend only 11 seats versus 23 for the Democrats. Moreover, every Senate seat Republicans are defending is in a state that Donald Trump easily won in 2020.

This forecast first appeared in The Kiplinger Letter, which has been running since 1923 and is a collection of concise weekly forecasts on business and economic trends, as well as what to expect from Washington, to help you understand what’s coming up to make the most of your investments and your money.

Why the flying F is he still the Dem candidate for 2024?

Dumb as hell.
40bfb6a76627032773450ddee967be36.jpg

Dude should be in a nursing home. It is embarrassing what democrats are doing to this man. Trump is not a viable candidate either. Something needs to change, there should be an age limit on when you can become president... what age should that be 70, 80??
I'll add one more to this. I'll tired of the family thing. For a while we had Bush/Clinton/Bush almost Clinton/almost Clinton.

Ahhh...that tricky matter of actual evidence getting in the way again.
This. The second paragraph says it all

"While short on evidence so far, House Republicans are plowing forward with their inquiry, even issuing subpoenas for Biden’s family members as part of an effort to prove the president illegally profited from his son’s business dealings."

How many times is the GOP going to call wolf before people stop listening?

This. The second paragraph says it all

"While short on evidence so far, House Republicans are plowing forward with their inquiry, even issuing subpoenas for Biden’s family members as part of an effort to prove the president illegally profited from his son’s business dealings."

How many times is the GOP going to call wolf before people stop listening?
Keep this in mind. I think it's a waste of tax payers money with all the impeachment crap since 2018.

But at least they are trying to find and get evidence this time. Instead of just rushing to impeachment.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Kettle calling the skillet black.
Sorry, bro, I'm not your Huckleberry on this one. I rarely ever add my two cents to these political discussions, simply not worth wasting my time.

I can say the likes of people I originally mentioned, yourself included, never fail to entertain with your inane comments, however.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Sorry, bro, I'm not your Huckleberry on this one. I rarely ever add my two cents to these political discussions, simply not worth wasting my time.

I can say the likes of people I originally mentioned, yourself included, never fail to entertain with your inane comments, however.
Huh, ever thought most of what gets posted on here is one sided and insane. I posted a neutral tread and a neutral posting. Insane isn't the word you should have used. Instead, you should have said that you have a different view of things and it's nice to see someone post that isn't MAGA or a liberal.

Huh, ever thought most of what gets posted on here is one sided and insane. I posted a neutral tread and a neutral posting. Insane isn't the word you should have used. Instead, you should have said that you have a different view of things and it's nice to see someone post that isn't MAGA or a liberal.
Well... 🤨 reading comprehension might not be a strength of yours as I used the word "inane" not "insane" although I think a few of the posters on this board would qualify as the latter.

Honestly, if house republicans actually ram through impeachment, and senate gets to question them on their “evidence”; I’m thinking that will just hand Dems a massive boost next year.

When they did this to Hillary you at least had the awfulness of Benghazi to lend an air of legitimacy to their proceedings, and they stopped short of recommending charges or anything.

Honestly, if house republicans actually ram through impeachment, and senate gets to question them on their “evidence”; I’m thinking that will just hand Dems a massive boost next year.

When they did this to Hillary you at least had the awfulness of Benghazi to lend an air of legitimacy to their proceedings, and they stopped short of recommending charges or anything.
True, but it didn't help Trump. It didn't help Clinton much. With Clinton the narrative was if having the affair was grounds for impeachment, not if he lied under oath (which was what he got impeached for). So, who knows if will help Biden or not?

True, but it didn't help Trump. It didn't help Clinton much. With Clinton the narrative was if having the affair was grounds for impeachment, not if he lied under oath (which was what he got impeached for). So, who knows if will help Biden or not?

Well Clinton couldn’t run for election again so not sure what your point is there, if memory serves republicans lost the House after ‘98 midterms.

Impossible to say what impact or not imo what trumps first impeachment had with the pandemic breaking out afterwards.

House republicans meanwhile have done nothing but stumble all over themselves regarding this impeachment inquiry into Biden.

Well Clinton couldn’t run for election again so not sure what your point is there, if memory serves republicans lost the House after ‘98 midterms.

Impossible to say what impact or not imo what trumps first impeachment had with the pandemic breaking out afterwards.

House republicans meanwhile have done nothing but stumble all over themselves regarding this impeachment inquiry into Biden.
It's not hard to stumble when there is no evidence whatsoever for your made up allegations.

Sorry you must have me confused with someone else. Voted for Biden and a registered Democrat here.

I think the Dems should run a competent non-woke sane woman candidate and they would win the 2024 Presidential election in a landslide.
Only the Dems should stay away from social issues? They should just shy away from Republican attempts to ban books and enter bedrooms?

Guess I'm old-fashioned but I would have trouble voting for a convicted felon like Trump for president. Unfortunately, many millions of people simply don't care. Begs the question, what has happened to this country?

It hurt Trump with the first one. I think it helped a little with the second one. Shiff really messed that one up with the, "He said 7 times" crap.

Clinton went up in popularity after that. Yes, the Reps paid the price for it.

As far as the current "investigation" it's seems like there may be smoke (depending on where the info is coming from), but I have yet to see anything that makes it a fire. Hunter, now that's a different case.

Guess I'm old-fashioned but I would have trouble voting for a convicted felon like Trump for president. Unfortunately, many millions of people simply don't care. Begs the question, what has happened to this country?
Didn't know he was convicted?

Biden needs the 40 and under crowd to show up to vote. They've taken the brunt of inflation and can see right through his bullshit on waiting until the last possible second to try and get student loan forgiveness through

Dude should be in a nursing home. It is embarrassing what democrats are doing to this man. Trump is not a viable candidate either. Something needs to change, there should be an age limit on when you can become president... what age should that be 70, 80??
America- OUR COUNTRY
- needs two new choices in 2024.
That’s for real and forget party and ideology and the arguments going on here and elsewhere over political positions.

Reactions: Sharky1203
Only the Dems should stay away from social issues? They should just shy away from Republican attempts to ban books and enter bedrooms?
When did the Republicans try and enter YOUR bedroom?
When did Republicans actually try to “ban” books?
See this is why I consider you such a back bencher. You’re so full of shit I can smell you over here in Duuuvvvalll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT