ADVERTISEMENT

Biden fundraiser brings in $26 million last night

I’m with Jordan Klepper. Instead of giving Biden 26 million, liberals should just buy a Supreme Court Justice. More bang for the buck.

blog_thomas_rv.jpg

My take: Biden’s main opponent this election is the couch. This is a GOTV election. Ground operations are absolutely critical.

Biden should have the necessary capital to fund sustained outreach in battleground states and every swing district. Down ballot candidates will be supported.

Trump will be shoveling tens of millions of dollars away from campaigning to pay attorney fees. Down ballot R candidates will be conflicted, isolated, and underfunded in key districts.
I don’t think there’s any question that Trump has the more fired up base. His supporters by and large, would drive anywhere to pull the lever for him. Biden supporters not that much, but there are more of them.

If Biden gets out the vote he wins. If not he loses

I made an (lazy) effort to find info- what costs so much to run a campaign? I’m not seeing tv or radio ads or flyers or anything- so what are the big expenses?

I don’t think there’s any question that Trump has the more fired up base. His supporters by and large, would drive anywhere to pull the lever for him. Biden supporters not that much, but there are more of them.

And overturning Roe v. Wade has provided the impetus for a wave of newly registered single-issue voters who, along with moderate Republicans and Independents, are highly motivated to defeat anti-reproductive rights candidates, including Trump.

Money is far from any guarantee of electoral success. Any Republican running for any statewide/national office in say South Carolina or Alabama is going to win big if they collect $0 in political donations vs a Democrat who collects $10 zillion.

These types of triumphal threads per Democrats fundraising numbers vs Republicans make me very very uneasy.

Polls actually show Dems more fired up.

Reactions: Torg
Money is far from any guarantee of electoral success. Any Republican running for any statewide/national office in say South Carolina or Alabama is going to win big if they collect $0 in political donations vs a Democrat who collects $10 zillion.

These types of triumphal threads per Democrats fundraising numbers vs Republicans make me very very uneasy.
I understand what you are saying but money is absolutely critical to a successful ground operation to GOTV. The campaign money is targeted to states, districts, and precincts where it can make a difference on Election Day.

Staffing, organizing, office, travel, supplies, food, advertising, etc., it all costs money - large amounts in urban areas like Philadelphia, Milwaukee, or Phoenix. It’s hard to overemphasize the importance of sufficient funding to a GOTV operation.

What “stupid crap” are you referring to?

Yeah, my cognitive functioning is just fine, but it’s not surprising you resort to that ad hominem as that is pretty much the one and only response liberals seem to have when they can’t dispute a position with logic and facts.

In terms of what you highlighted, this thread is ostensibly about Biden vs. Trump for president. Since Biden would most likely get beaten soundly by just about any Republican candidate besides Trump, I think the comment is quite appropriate not to mention accurate.

At this point, it’s probably best I follow @binsfeldcyhawk2 ’s advice. I’m just curious, are all teachers in North Carolina this bad at reading comprehension and logic or is that something that is just unique to you? If it’s the former, I can understand why you guys get paid shit.
You quite literally said the only difference between the parties - R’s and D’s - was who the GOP is running for president. That’s dumb. Then you denied saying it. Even dumber. Now you’re trying to lay the fault in your post at my feet. Dumbest, yet. Flail about all you want but the “both sides” of your post is crystal clear. And it’s still stupid as hell.

And taking advice from bindy doesn’t really elevate your intellect.

Reactions: Dr. Spaceman
lol, no one is asking you to “constantly fellate” Joe Biden to prove you aren’t a Trumper.

Can you go 12 hours without posting something negative about the only guy with a shot of beating Trump?
So basically disagreeing with anything that Biden does is off limits....

Tough bar you set there Flick :)

So basically disagreeing with anything that Biden does is off limits....

Tough bar you set there Flick :)
Absolutely now, but when people try to equate what he has done with Trump is beyond stupid. I did not want him to be POTUS, but he has done a helluva job normalizing what he can despite all the MAGA lies and nonsense within their party. Having to deal with Republican lies about his competence, which he put to rest at the SOTU address, compared to the dummy the Cons had to rebuttal, who was 40 years younger.

He isn't going to get the respect he deserves until years down the road, having to navigate the most divisional time since the Civil War, and yes I give the majority of the blame for that to the lying liars at Fox News for creating a false narrative that has been eaten up for decades. The enemy within, in my opinion.

You quite literally said the only difference between the parties - R’s and D’s - was who the GOP is running for president. That’s dumb. Then you denied saying it. Even dumber. Now you’re trying to lay the fault in your post at my feet. Dumbest, yet. Flail about all you want but the “both sides” of your post is crystal clear. And it’s still stupid as hell.

And taking advice from bindy doesn’t really elevate your intellect.
You are literally talking in circles while projecting. But you keep parroting “dumb” and “stupid” as if that bolsters whatever point you think you are making.

I don’t know if there is anyone on this board who can rival the level of arrogance and absurdity you demonstrate in your responses to others.

And “bindy” is just fine. It’s you who needs to find a mirror.

Reactions: TennNole17
Absolutely now, but when people try to equate what he has done with Trump is beyond stupid. I did not want him to be POTUS, but he has done a helluva job normalizing what he can despite all the MAGA lies and nonsense within their party. Having to deal with Republican lies about his competence, which he put to rest at the SOTU address, compared to the dummy the Cons had to rebuttal, who was 40 years younger.

He isn't going to get the respect he deserves until years down the road, having to navigate the most divisional time since the Civil War, and yes I give the majority of the blame for that to the lying liars at Fox News for creating a false narrative that has been eaten up for decades. The enemy within, in my opinion.
Since you’re one of the few liberal posters on here who is reasonable, I will just say I agree with almost everything you wrote. You by and large summed up why I am voting for Biden.

While we will no doubt disagree on Biden’s cognitive decline, we do agree that Biden has normalized the presidency again. We also agree under no circumstances should Trump be allowed anywhere close to the White House.

Even though I still identify as a moderate Republican, as endangered of a species as we might be, I hope this makes us friends. The whole “enemy of my enemy” thing, right?

Reactions: Torg
You are literally talking in circles while projecting. But you keep parroting “dumb” and “stupid” as if that bolsters whatever point you think you are making.

I don’t know if there is anyone on this board who can rival the level of arrogance and absurdity you demonstrate in your responses to others.

And “bindy” is just fine. It’s you who needs to find a mirror.
You said what you said - clearly. You can keep running in circles trying to make it what it wasn't. Whether you like it or not...whether you believe it or not...the R's and D's are not the same save a deranged psychopathic narcissist being the leader of one of them. The truth of THAT makes them diametrically different and any attempt to conflate them is idiotic. Don't do it. Then you won't have to twist yourself in knots to defend it.

I can look myself in a mirror just fine. I don't claim to be a member of the GOP at any level. Do you vote for Republicans for Congress? They support Trump. If he's elected - despite your claim to vote for Biden - they will back him. Does a "moderate Republican" vote for people who will vote with Trump?

You said what you said - clearly. You can keep running in circles trying to make it what it wasn't. Whether you like it or not...whether you believe it or not...the R's and D's are not the same save a deranged psychopathic narcissist being the leader of one of them. The truth of THAT makes them diametrically different and any attempt to conflate them is idiotic. Don't do it. Then you won't have to twist yourself in knots to defend it.

I can look myself in a mirror just fine. I don't claim to be a member of the GOP at any level. Do you vote for Republicans for Congress? They support Trump. If he's elected - despite your claim to vote for Biden - they will back him. Does a "moderate Republican" vote for people who will vote with Trump?
Again, your reading comprehension issues are not my problem.

I stated both Ds and Rs benefit from big money donors. If you disagree, prove it wrong.

I also stated the only thing Ds have going for them right now is Donald Trump is the Republican nominee. That is also true because Joe Biden would only have a chance of beating Trump compared to about any other Republican. If you disagree, prove me wrong or STFU.

Again, your reading comprehension issues are not my problem.

I stated both Ds and Rs benefit from big money donors. If you disagree, prove it wrong.

I also stated the only thing Ds have going for them right now is Donald Trump is the Republican nominee. That is also true because Joe Biden would only have a chance of beating Trump compared to about any other Republican. If you disagree, prove me wrong or STFU.
LOL...right. Those two statements are totally not conjoined. Sure, Jan.

Do you vote for Republicans for Congress?

LOL...right. Those two statements are totally not conjoined. Sure, Jan.

Do you vote for Republicans for Congress?
Have you considered professional therapy?

In the past, yes, I have voted for many Republicans running for the House or Senate. Now? Well, for starters, let’s say anyone on record denying the 2020 election won’t get my vote.

Have you considered professional therapy?

In the past, yes, I have voted for many Republicans running for the House or Senate. Now? Well, for starters, let’s say anyone on record denying the 2020 election won’t get my vote.
So you think that any GOP representative or senator you vote for in 2024 will stand up to Trump if he retakes the WH. Got it. Thanks for playing.

You do know a Democrat just won in Alabama, don't you? 🤣

Was it raised for nursing home expenses?

Adult diapers can really run up the grocery bill.

Why don’t the Dems pick a nominee that doesn’t have one foot in the grave already?

You do know a Democrat just won in Alabama, don't you? 🤣
I'm talking statewide office or President. Even South Carolina and Alabama have liberal enclaves when it comes to state house elections.

And It's not impossible, Doug Jones won a few years ago in Alabama (pretty sure that was a special election that he almost certainly would have lost otherwise), but the Republicans literally have to nominate a rapist or child abuser to lose those types of elections in an Alabama or South Carolina. And that's probably not even going to matter.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT