ADVERTISEMENT

Biden to Meet With His Family on Sunday

I really don’t see what specifically will change no matter who wins besides opinions and people’s mood.

US will still have the strongest military.
And? Nukes are the great equalizer. China, Russia, NK, and soon Iran will have them.

US will still be the driving force for world economy.
Assuming everything continues business as usual, but everything must come to an end.
US will still be the world’s piggy bank.
Hardly a certainty
US will still set debt records.
No fvcking shit
China is screwed long term because of their aging population.
It’s a numbers game, they have more

Good God, no. It's about the election and keeping a felon out of the WH.
Felon schmellon. Who cares about that?

Thirty years from now, when school kids learn about the ancient World War II, kids will be told that leaders like Mussolini, Hitler and Stalin were early, less successful versions of Trump.

Wrong. He wont leave until he dies. That will be his primary goal the next four years. He will purge every last safeguard to dismantle the two term limit.
What an incredibly stupid, idiotic post....yet another in your long line of stupid, idiotic posts.

We once had a president who tried to be a dictator. You know, that guy that was elected 4 times and tried to expand the supreme court?

Thirty years from now, when school kids learn about the ancient World War II, kids will be told that leaders like Mussolini, Hitler and Stalin were early, less successful versions of Trump.
I don't think Trump has time on this earth to match these freaks. But his successors might. Rs are nuts. And getting nuttier by the day. I could easily see a North Korea situation where some kid gets puts to death because they listened to KPop 70 times in America.

I wish. SCOTUS will probably allow red states to kick anybody they don't like off their ballots. I have zero faith in them.
SCOTUS expands presidential immunity. Biden orders the execution of Alito and Thomas (at a minimum) and nominates 2 good liberals who tip the balance and reverse all the Roberts Court nonsense - going back at least to Citizns United.

What an incredibly stupid, idiotic post....yet another in your long line of stupid, idiotic posts.

We once had a president who tried to be a dictator. You know, that guy that was elected 4 times and tried to expand the supreme court?
Trump cheered on his minions storming the capitol. Your memory really this shot?

So it can’t happen again? Talk about stupid and idiotic.

So it can’t happen again? Talk about stupid and idiotic.
From the 22nd amendment to the Constitution:

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once."

You and Huey might want to do some research before spouting off.

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once."

You think Trump's judges care about this? They're going to rule him immune from crimes tomorrow. Wake up.

Who said anything about being elected?

If the Jan 6 folks had succeeded, the outcome would have been determined by the House. That's a selection, not an election. Presumably you can do that as many times as you like.

All you need is a compliant Congress and VP

Wrong. He wont leave until he dies. That will be his primary goal the next four years. He will purge every last safeguard to dismantle the two term limit.
I wouldn't begrudge him seeking to amend the constitution to that effect. But I'd begrudge him pretty much every other mechanism.

The justices won't buy it, no matter how much you hold your breath, but the silly argument will be that 22A only provides limits for two consecutive terms.

Who said anything about being elected?

If the Jan 6 folks had succeeded, the outcome would have been determined by the House. That's a selection, not an election. Presumably you can do that as many times as you like.

All you need is a compliant Congress and VP
Trump loses. Rs block certification. Both sides sue. SCOTUS rules that the election is suspended until it can be sorted out. End result? Trump doesn't technically start a third term. He simply continues his second term as the final ruling gets delayed and delayed and delayed. SCOTUS is already doing stuff like this with all of Trump's other criminal cases.

• Sad
Reactions: h-hawk and nelly02

Wake the fvck up. You act like Trump plays by the rules. You’re clueless if you think it’s out of the realm of possibility, however unlikely.

Wake the fvck up. You act like Trump plays by the rules. You’re clueless if you think it’s out of the realm of possibility, however unlikely.
10 years ago nobody could have fathomed a president arguing before the court that he is immune from crimes and the court actually taking him seriously. Yet tomorrow SCOTUS is going to do just this and agree with him.

Trump loses. Rs block certification. Both sides sue. SCOTUS rules that the election is suspended until it can be sorted out. End result? Trump doesn't technically start a third term. He simply continues his second term as the final ruling gets delayed and delayed and delayed. SCOTUS is already doing stuff like this with all of Trump's other criminal cases.
You are off the rails…this debate really did a number on you.

I think we're underestimating the PRESS in this discussion.

In 2004 Howard Dean was running an excellent center-left, anti-war campaign, leading the media and DLC-preferred candidate John Kerry.

Then came "the scream." It was nothing but the media and the Dem power brokers instantly blew it way out of proportion to destroy Dean. It was all they had and they milked it for all it was worth.

As of now, a few in the media have called for Biden to withdraw from the race. But despite 100 times the provocation, there's no firestorm.

Why the difference? All I can think of is that Biden is the insider's choice; whereas Dean was an upstart. Sort of like the Hillary vs Bernie situation.

Dean's polling and support had stagnated in the weeks ahead of Iowa, where he finished 3rd. He noticed the momentum was gone when he started noting that a large part of his rally crowds were the same people from city to city.

The scream wasn't the end of his campaign, it was just the most memorable moment of a very short run.

Some fantastic fear mongering going on in here. Lol.

Reactions: Hans81
Are you aware of all of the unconstitutional actions Biden has taken as president? What rules/laws did Trump circumvent as President?
I'm aware that only Trump is the convicted felon. I'm also aware that he is the only one with more indictments. And I'm also aware that half of Trump's staff has been indicted and that many are doing time as we speak.

Since you've obviously gone off the deep end, or are off your meds, I'd like to remind you that you forgot Khan, Mao, Pot, and a host of others.

Biden needs to get out of the race immediately. Thursday he showed emphatically that he simply doesn't have the cognitive ability anymore to govern. Hopefully he can make it through the end of his term. I blame Jill Biden for this fiasco. She knows full well Joe's deterioration and is the one person who can convince him to quit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT