ADVERTISEMENT

Biden UP by 6 on Trump in new poll

History "had" shown us that a businessman who ran for President wouldn't win. Except in 2016 history was proven wrong.

Don't count RFK out come November and Biden will be one who suffers from it.
Please. You know and I know Trump loses against anyone not named Clinton that year. Not to mention everything we’ve seen the last 8 years tells us Trump is truly a unicorn.

so yeah, I’m counting out RFK.

Please. You know and I know Trump loses against anyone not named Clinton that year. Not to mention everything we’ve seen the last 8 years tells us Trump is truly a unicorn.

so yeah, I’m counting out RFK.
IIRC Hillary and her ilk were actually celebrating a win 2 days in advance of the election. In the Dems eyes it was over before it even started. Don't give me the "Trump loses against anyone not named Clinton".

On the other hand, I can confidently say Trump would have an actual race on his hands if it were anyone other than someone named Kennedy running as a 3rd party this year. With a Kennedy running 3rd party Biden is in big, big trouble.

if this next election is Trump vs Biden?

Last election we saw a record. 82 million vs 72 million. 150+ million voters made their statements loud and clear. A record.

If it’s Trump vs Biden, given Roe and everything else. This next election might see another record. A landslide. Because of Roe. Because of 91 federal indictments.

It might be a landslide.
Wannabet?

The turnout will be less than 2020. The mail in ballot fiasco will not take place this time. That was a one off as the dems spent 100% of their time taking advantage of COVID and pushing as many of their wish lists as possible and used COVID as the mechanism.

Trump may not win but it'll be close.

in 2022 you had the Roe v Wade drum to beat. Now we have immigration. You far underestimate the undercurrent of anger over his open border policies. Aside from that, many democrats may stay home as they are unhappy over his Israel policies. Which is one of the things I agree with Biden on actually.

You cant possibly look at his disapproval numbers and think this will be a landslide.

Last edited:
Reactions: KFsdisciple
IIRC Hillary and her ilk were actually celebrating a win 2 days in advance of the election. In the Dems eyes it was over before it even started. Don't give me the "Trump loses against anyone not named Clinton".

On the other hand, I can confidently say Trump would have an actual race on his hands if it were anyone other than someone named Kennedy running as a 3rd party this year. With a Kennedy running 3rd party Biden is in big, big trouble.

Oh there’s no question Clinton ran a terrible general campaign - she took Wisconsin and Michigan in particular for granted. That’s why I say anyone else (or at least anyone who was a good campaigner) beats Trump in ‘16.

But Kennedy is simply not likely to pull in a significant portion of the vote; and I took a quick gander on google - it’s an open question right now who he might take more votes from; Biden due to his recent status as a democrat, or trump due to his conspiracy/anti-vax views.

Maybe. Desantis acted “Trump” to try and grab some votes. I think he would have acted a lot differently if Trump didn’t run.
I can see what you are saying. However, I am not sure all of his "Out Trumping Trump" act was fake. He also isn't personable. Trump, for good or bad, has some type of charisma. DeSantis just doesn't has it. It would be interesting to say the least.

Reactions: HawkMD
I can see what you are saying. However, I am not sure all of his "Out Trumping Trump" act was fake. He also isn't personable. Trump, for good or bad, has some type of charisma. DeSantis just doesn't has it. It would be interesting to say the least.
Agreed. A subtle “if” where we will never really know unless Desantis writes a truthful tell all in his old age. Which will never happen.

Reactions: globalhawk
Maybe. Desantis acted “Trump” to try and grab some votes. I think he would have acted a lot differently if Trump didn’t run.

Agreed. A subtle “if” where we will never really know unless Desantis writes a truthful tell all in his old age. Which will never happen.
Yeah, we've seen countless attempts since '16 by the GOP to find candidates who act "Trump-like" but can appeal to moderates...outside of their little corners (see DeSantis and FL for example), no one's been able to bottle that and make it work on a large-scale.

imo, it's an acknowledgement on some level by Republicans that MAGA has a hard ceiling on it's appeal, and makes winning statewide/national elections more difficult (on top of GOP struggles in this area in general since '92). They seem to have decided that it's the messengers that have been the problem, and not the message.

Wannabet?

The turnout will be less than 2020. The mail in ballot fiasco will not take place this time. That was a one off as the dems spent 100% of their time taking advantage of COVID and pushing as many of their wish lists as possible and used COVID as the mechanism.

Trump may not win but it'll be close.

in 2022 you had the Roe v Wade drum to beat. Now we have immigration. You far underestimate the undercurrent of anger over his open border policies. Aside from that, many democrats may stay home as they are unhappy over his Israel policies. Which is one of the things I agree with Biden on actually.

You cant possibly look at his disapproval numbers and think this will be a landslide.
I look at history. No Republican has won the popular vote in decades.

Y’all thought there was going to be a “red wave” last fall. Polling all suggested it. Reality is that none of those occurred, and quite the opposite.

I honestly don’t care about numbers at this point. I don’t trust any polling at this point. None of them have been accurate in the last 18 months.

I’m probably wrong. As I often am. But given the actual results? I guess we will see

Reactions: noleclone2
No Republican has won the popular vote in decades.
They've won the popular vote once, in 2004, since the 80s when they won 3 in a row b/t Reagan and Bush Sr. While they've elected 2 presidents in that time span, the difference in popular vote margin has gotten wider each time, resulting in an ever narrower path to victory.

If GA/AZ stay purple, or start to lean blue - I think AZ is further down this path than GA who easily reelected their GOP governor in '22; and especially, if TX turns purple, they're in a world of hurt.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
I look at history. No Republican has won the popular vote in decades.

Y’all thought there was going to be a “red wave” last fall. Polling all suggested it. Reality is that none of those occurred, and quite the opposite.

I honestly don’t care about numbers at this point. I don’t trust any polling at this point. None of them have been accurate in the last 18 months.

I’m probably wrong. As I often am. But given the actual results? I guess we will see
No one cares that the Dems are racking up votes in CA, IL, NY etc

what matters is that most populous states are increasingly leaning Dem - it's not a good sign for GOP if Biden wins GA again for example.
He won’t. I think that the dems are overestimating their chances just like Republicans did in 2022.

He won’t. I think that the dems are overestimating their chances just like Republicans did in 2022.
I'm not - I fully expect a close race in the battlegrounds in November; can't say I've seen too many Dems seem super-optimistic about Biden. Main reason for confidence would be due to facing Trump a 2nd time.

'22 delivered mixed messages - Warnock won by 2%, whereas Kemp won reelection in large part because he had defied Trump and Georgians at least respected him for that; in particular by winning the GOP nomination against the Trump-backed candidate in a rout.

At the moment - I think Dems win back the House, GOP takes the Senate, and presidency leans Biden - mostly due to incumbency advantage. and yes, pre-covid I expected Trump to win re-election in '20.

what matters is that most populous states are increasingly leaning Dem - it's not a good sign for GOP if Biden wins GA again for example.
Joe Biden has the worst approval rating of any president in modern times at this point in their presidency. You think that he’s gonna win? I mean honestly.

Inflation
Immigration
Foreign Policy
Worst VP probably ever

All drags on his reelection chances. The top two big time.

Joe Biden has the worst approval rating of any president in modern times at this point in their presidency. You think that he’s gonna win? I mean honestly.

Inflation
Immigration
Foreign Policy
Worst VP probably ever

All drags on his reelection chances. The top two big time.
Against anyone but Trump, Biden loses. Of course, if Trump weren't running, I don't believe Biden is either.

True. But a lot of people realize their lives were better under Trump so who knows.

sure - that's clearly why Trump is (checks polls) barely polling much better than Biden.

Reactions: Gus is dead
No one cares that the Dems are racking up votes in CA, IL, NY etc

🙄

Not a red state in the top ten...shocking...

A slightly different methodology, and perhaps less measurable source, but only two red states in the top twenty. Again, shocking...

Including the District of Columbia, a red state (Utah) peeks through at fourteen! Then a red state again at 20, leaving the rest of the top twenty blue. Again, shocking...

I could link sources that say the same all night.

I wonder why all the educated states vote blue.

Interesting...

They've won the popular vote once, in 2004, since the 80s when they won 3 in a row b/t Reagan and Bush Sr. While they've elected 2 presidents in that time span, the difference in popular vote margin has gotten wider each time, resulting in an ever narrower path to victory.

If GA/AZ stay purple, or start to lean blue - I think AZ is further down this path than GA who easily reelected their GOP governor in '22; and especially, if TX turns purple, they're in a world of hurt.
No, then the country would be in a world of hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT