ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten and Beyond

nosok23

Scout Team
Aug 15, 2023
This conference is there for the taking in the next few years. It’s down even bringing in the PAC 12 teams. Iowa is one coach away from being a contender. Would this be a difficult decision if Barta didn’t extend Fran’s contract. Holtmans buyout is the same and I know Ohio St has big pockets but a coaching change is needed in order for the program to take advantage of this window of mediocrity in the conference!

Reactions: dekhawk
Fran is a really good point guard from having a very good team. Harding will only get better, not sure Bowen is the answer. Tadjo and Koch will really help next year. Koch will be better than Patrick because of his intensity and shooting. Tadjo will be better on the boards than Krikke, he's long, athletic and a better defender. Something we desperately need. Freeman is so effective because he doesn't float around the perimeter, he stays inside and grinds. Love his high pick and roll. Give him a year to get bigger and stronger, look out.

We all knew this would be a down year, they have exceeded my expectations.

Fran is a really good point guard from having a very good team. Harding will only get better, not sure Bowen is the answer. Tadjo and Koch will really help next year. Koch will be better than Patrick because of his intensity and shooting. Tadjo will be better on the boards than Krikke, he's long, athletic and a better defender. Something we desperately need. Freeman is so effective because he doesn't float around the perimeter, he stays inside and grinds. Love his high pick and roll. Give him a year to get bigger and stronger, look out.

When has Fran had a really good point guard?

Reactions: nosok23
What about Mulvey? Apparently Some think he's going to be a beast next year...

Happy Milwaukee Bucks GIF by NBA

Fran always seems to short of guards and loves to play too many slow footed 6-7 to 6-9 guys at the same time.

This conference is there for the taking in the next few years. It’s down even bringing in the PAC 12 teams. Iowa is one coach away from being a contender. Would this be a difficult decision if Barta didn’t extend Fran’s contract. Holtmans buyout is the same and I know Ohio St has big pockets but a coaching change is needed in order for the program to take advantage of this window of mediocrity in the conference!
We have the best freshman and probably the best freshmen class in the Big. A solid class coming in. Dix is playing like a future All Big player and Sandfort returns for what will probably be an All Big year. I like Harding at point and I think Dembele could be a really good defender. Why would you trade coaches now?

Reactions: cmhawks99
We have the best freshman and probably the best freshmen class in the Big. A solid class coming in. Dix is playing like a future All Big player and Sandfort returns for what will probably be an All Big year. I like Harding at point and I think Dembele could be a really good defender. Why would you trade coaches now?
History of having good players and doing nothing with it would be one good reason.

History of having good players and doing nothing with it would be one good reason.
History of Alford and Lickliter would suggest the opposite. History of Fran having a great stretch of winning with Garza and Murrays implies that better teams are to come. I don’t consider a BTT and 4-5 consecutive NCAA tournaments “nothing”. A new coach doesn’t necessarily imply better results.

If anything, I’d argue the odds are in favor of Fran getting to the sweet 16 very soon because he’s certainly due.

But It’s kind of like buying a stock. To some extent you need to block out how it has performed in the past and do your evaluation based upon the best available current information.

Yea I don’t get the vitriol, we were expected to be down. I get the complaint about the defense but it’s not new🤷‍♂️

Reactions: kceasthawk
History of Alford and Lickliter would suggest the opposite. History of Fran having a great stretch of winning with Garza and Murrays implies that better teams are to come. I don’t consider a BTT and 4-5 consecutive NCAA tournaments “nothing”. A new coach doesn’t necessarily imply better results.

If anything, I’d argue the odds are in favor of Fran getting to the sweet 16 very soon because he’s certainly due.

But It’s kind of like buying a stock. To some extent you need to block out how it has performed in the past and do your evaluation based upon the best available current information.
So one sweet 16 in years 15-18 of a coaches tenure you would consider a success?

So one sweet 16 in years 15-18 of a coaches tenure you would consider a success?

You tell us….Izzo has 12 since 2000, one championship, is that success? I mean based on what I see record wise, we’ve made what 2,3 total…

So yes, pray tell….350 plus D 1 teams, and 16 slots per year….what is success dek?

So, only a better coach than Fran away from being a contender?

The U is not going to fire Fran.

You tell us….Izzo has 12 since 2000, one championship, is that success? I mean based on what I see record wise, we’ve made what 2,3 total…

So yes, pray tell….350 plus D 1 teams, and 16 slots per year….what is success dek?
Actually contending for a big ten regular season title every 5 years, deep ncaa run sweet 16 or elite 8 same period.

Obviously you are content with Fran, Iowa has settled, fans vote with their pocketbooks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT