ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Reportedly 'Vetted' 10 Schools For Possible Expansion

The ACC sucks in every way imaginable. It’s great if you are a moocher school. Most ACC schools are dead weight and live off the revenue that FSU, Clemson and one or two other produce.
How is that different from most other conferences? Football pays the bills. Who's producing revenue in the B1G? As stated, they get a huge TV contract but where's the on-field support for that?

All-time record? Ok...the B1G has an advantage there but ACC teams have won 43% of their games. Take Michigan out and it's 46%...hardly overwhelming. Bowls...23-21 B1G...one game away from 50:50.

One current B1G team has two NCs out of five appearances this century. No other B1G team has even played for one. In the ACC, four current ACC teams have played in a NC game (ten total appearances) since 2000 and three of them won a total of four trophies. That's double the B1G count on both scores. FWIW, the PAC10 had a NC with four appearances by three different teams in that time span. Are they better than the B1G? The ACC?

Again, I'm not dissing the B1G...I'm just trying to understand how they are collectively and objectively better. What's the measure...other than press?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
How is that different from most other conferences? Football pays the bills. Who's producing revenue in the B1G? As stated, they get a huge TV contract but where's the on-field support for that?

All-time record? Ok...the B1G has an advantage there but ACC teams have won 43% of their games. Take Michigan out and it's 46%...hardly overwhelming. Bowls...23-21 B1G...one game away from 50:50.

One current B1G team has two NCs out of five appearances this century. No other B1G team has even played for one. In the ACC, four current ACC teams have played in a NC game (ten total appearances) since 2000 and three of them won a total of four trophies. That's double the B1G count on both scores. FWIW, the PAC10 had a NC with four appearances by three different teams in that time span. Are they better than the B1G? The ACC?

Again, I'm not dissing the B1G...I'm just trying to understand how they are collectively and objectively better. What's the measure...other than press?
I think what he means is the leadership and idiots running the conference have left us in this predicament because despite winning tons of national championships in Football and Basketball and many other sports, and some decent TV start power in football and basketball, we have been left in dust revenue wise due to terrible media contracts Swofford made. And the new guy is worse.

I think what he means is the leadership and idiots running the conference have left us in this predicament because despite winning tons of national championships in Football and Basketball and many other sports, and some decent TV start power in football and basketball, we have been left in dust revenue wise due to terrible media contracts Swofford made. And the new guy is worse.
And there everyone is 100% correct. Like I said - the ACC has to die or truly become a second tier conference.

Reactions: noleclone2
You must be a horrible businessman. Those two add so little revenue.
I would absolutely grant you the latter point. But, their culture would be much better aligned, and whether it's sports, education, or governance, a little culture goes a long way. And FSU might - with a capital M - be the only one that adds anything in terms of revenue.

I would absolutely grant you the latter point. But, their culture would be much better aligned, and whether it's sports, education, or governance, a little culture goes a long way. And FSU might - with a capital M - be the only one that adds anything in terms of revenue.

Lol

If the endgame is 24 teams I don't see where the B1G adds six teams without diluting payout for the other members. Notre Dame, FSU and UNC seem like no brainers and to a lesser extent Clemson and farther down UVA. Who would be 6 without being a huge drain?

If the endgame is 24 teams I don't see where the B1G adds six teams without diluting payout for the other members. Notre Dame, FSU and UNC seem like no brainers and to a lesser extent Clemson and farther down UVA. Who would be 6 without being a huge drain?
You’ll eventually get ND if no one of any consequence will schedule them. And with mega-conferences, no one needs to.

You’ll eventually get ND if no one of any consequence will schedule them. And with mega-conferences, no one needs to.
With mega-conferences they will have to. I also believe they are B1G bound if that happens along with FSU and UNC. Teams 21-24 is where it gets dicey on who can bring enough money to the table. Clemson and UVA most likely but the 24th?

I'm still not getting this "trash" thing if we're talking sports. The management of the ACC has been abysmal, but the current conference has far more NC's in football and basketball over the past quarter century than the B1G - the ACC has almost as many basketball NC trophies just this century (8) as the B1G or SEC have in their total histories (10/11). Last year across all collegiate sports, the B1G had 3 NC's. The ACC had 8.

That's not trashing the B1G...they command far more sports $$$...but there's no on-the-field reason for that. The ACC has to die...but it's not due to the level of play.

I would say, the schools in many instances have succeeded without the support / leadership of the ACC. And the ACC is historically the last pig to the trough.

ACC was manipulated by ND with the partial membership deal
ACC opted in for a horrible tv rights deal and the follow up deals by other conferences showed ACC was selling at outdated prices
ACC collected the 3rd stringers and expects folks to be happy with SMU / Cal / Stanford joining (sure, Stanford has a ton of titles historically)
ACC failed to get ahead of the current left out issue. I saw SEC leadership on ESPN lobbying the entire week before the Conference title games, didn't hear any ACC leadership doing the same.
Less money in general for all schools.

Just just a list off-the-top of my head without research. So IMO, most of us speak to the ACC as being a shit conference because of the management, and the individual schools perform in spite of the last 10 years of management.

All these letter of grievance after the fact are just silly reactionary theater by Scott etc. SEC gets it, be pissed at the insinuation of injustice beforehand and not a disappointed and surprised victim after.

Last edited:
Would that be boring and mediocre AF?

So stupid.

I can't wait for it all to collapse under it's own rotten weight
Waiting for the consolidation to continue until there is just one giant conference, and then they create divisions within the one conference that mirror almost exactly all of the old 8-12 team conferences that existed before consolidation.

Last edited:
Waiting for the consolidation to continue until there is just one giant conference, and then they create divisions within the one conference that mirror almost exactly the old 8-12 team conferences that existed before consolidation.

And just pay guys. In the open. Stop NIL.

You can't reconcile it with academics anymore.

Reactions: VodkaSam
“Why is the phrase "P2" becoming more widely used in the college football world? One of the reasons is viewership. Schools in the Big Ten and SEC dominate viewership (2024 membership).

If Florida State was a member of the Big Ten and playing more games on CBS, NBC, and FOX, they could grow viewership to the level of Michigan and Ohio State.

Florida State had 11 games that registered a rating. However, four of those games were going up against Big FOX Noon, the most watched timeslot in college football. Put Florida State against bigger brands on 11 OTA timeslots and you get growth to rival Ohio State and Michigan”

I see people on social media complaining about joining the B1G over travel. Not sure what map they're looking at, but we're already traveling and it will be worse in the ACC in 2024 regardless of a B1G move. Heck, we're traveling to Ireland next year. LOL

We already travel to:

Boston College, MA (1302 mi)
Syracuse, NY (1234 mi)
*Notre Dame, IN (920 mi)
Pitt, PA (892 mi)
Louisville, KY (663 mi)

...and staying in the ACC adds travel to:

SMU, TX (837 mi)
Stanford, CA (2541 mi)
CAL, CA. (2556 mi)

So, pick the best 18-20 schools for an ACC/BIG 12 merger.

Keeping Basketball and Academics in the back of my mind, is this it?

1 Florida State Seminoles
2 Clemson Tigers
3 Miami Hurricanes
4 Virginia Cavaliers
5 North Carolina Tar Heels
6 Texas Tech Red Raiders
7 Louisville Cardinals
8 Duke Blue Devils
9 Baylor Bears
10 Kansas Jayhawks
11 Kansas State Wildcats
12 NC State Wolfpack
13 Oklahoma State Cowboys
14 TCU Horned Frogs
15 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
16 Virginia Tech Hokies
17 Pittsburgh Panthers
18 Boston College Eagles
19 Syracuse Orange
*20 Notre Dame

So, pick the best 18-20 schools for an ACC/BIG 12 merger.

Keeping Basketball and Academics in the back of my mind, is this it?

1 Florida State Seminoles
2 Clemson Tigers
3 Miami Hurricanes
4 Virginia Cavaliers
5 North Carolina Tar Heels
6 Texas Tech Red Raiders
7 Louisville Cardinals
8 Duke Blue Devils
9 Baylor Bears
10 Kansas Jayhawks
11 Kansas State Wildcats
12 NC State Wolfpack
13 Oklahoma State Cowboys
14 TCU Horned Frogs
15 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
16 Virginia Tech Hokies
17 Pittsburgh Panthers
18 Boston College Eagles
19 Syracuse Orange
*20 Notre Dame

I hope we aren’t part of whatever happens with the remnants of the ACC, PAC and B12. Power 2, B1G preferably, or bust.

My one dollar for a year subscription to Iowa On3 which gives me access to the Miserychant boards expires in 6 days. I’ve been reading through the almost 1,400 page thread on conference realignment and taking screenshots.

One interesting and aggravating thing according to Allnoles, a Tallahassee attorney who Ira has interviewed in the past regarding FSU contracts, is that FSU lawyers never reviewed the contracts with the ACC and ESPN. The leadership took Swofford’s assurances of what it said and signed and approved them.

It seems unbelievable that that would happen but it completely explains how we are in such an upside down situation, half billion dollar hole, with no way out. Actually doesn’t surprise me that the University of Leon County types did this stupid stuff. They routinely did dumb things. Fortunately we have experienced professionals running the show today.

Last edited:
GA8WGhNXsAAnYPs

See!!! People LIKE punting!!!!
Iowa #24!

Reactions: noleclone2
My one dollar for a year subscription to Iowa On3 which gives me access to the Miserychant boards expires in 6 days. I’ve been reading through the almost 1,400 page thread on conference realignment and taking screenshots.

One interesting and aggravating thing according to Allnoles, Tallahassee attorney who Ira has interviewed in the past regarding FSU contracts, is that FSU lawyers never reviewed the contracts with the ACC and ESPN. The leadership took Swofford’s assurances of what they said and signed and approved them.

It seems unbelievable that that would happen but it completely explains how we are in such an upside down situation, half billion dollar hole, with no way out. Actually doesn’t surprise me that the University of Leon County types did this stupid stuff. They routinely did dumb things. Fortunately we have experienced professionals running the show today.
Sound like Congress...here's an 8000 page bill. Don't read it. Just sign. Trust us.

Sound like Congress...here's an 8000 page bill. Don't read it. Just sign. Trust us.

In Congress there are staffers and elected members who actually do immerse themselves in the details. At FSU, if Allnoles is correct, no one, not even low paid staff attorneys, looked at these contracts. Allnoles isn’t just some random jackass with a law degree. He argued for one of the parties in Bush vs Gore in the Florida courts. He was a year behind me at my grade school. I pay attention when he posts.

In Congress there are staffers and elected members who actually do immerse themselves in the details. At FSU, if Allnoles is correct, no one, not even low paid staff attorneys, looked at these contracts. Allnoles isn’t just some random jackass with a law degree. He argued for one of the parties in Bush vs Gore in the Florida courts. He was a year behind me at my grade school. I pay attention when he posts.
I appreciate the insight. ...glad you're in the trenches because I can't bring myself to log into that site. At least as long as Gene and No Soul are there. I do pay for Noles247, though.

I appreciate the insight. ...glad you're in the trenches because I can't bring myself to log into that site. At least as long as Gene and No Soul are there. I do pay for Noles247, though.

I have a Noles247 subscription. They have much better inside connections to the program. Ira, Corey and JCS all provide good commentary but you can get that for free on YT.

I have a Noles247 subscription. They have much better inside connections to the program. Ira, Corey and JCS all provide good commentary but you can get that for free on YT.
I followed Animal (Nee) over there years ago, but the boards were always dead so I rarely posted. He was very good to me with info and a free subscription during my deployments.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
I followed Animal (Nee) over there years ago, but the boards were always dead so I rarely posted. He was very good to me with info and a free subscription during my deployments.

247 boards have become a lot more active in recent years. A lot of people have left Miserychant or have subscriptions at both sites.

The Miserychant boards don’t seem to be like the online version of East Germany any longer. I see a lot of posts that not long ago would have been removed in seconds but now turn into lengthy threads. I don’t know if NoSoul is gone or they told him to back off but it has changed over there. Maybe enough people left that they finally decided to be reasonable.

I see people on social media complaining about joining the B1G over travel. Not sure what map they're looking at, but we're already traveling and it will be worse in the ACC in 2024 regardless of a B1G move. Heck, we're traveling to Ireland next year. LOL

We already travel to:

Boston College, MA (1302 mi)
Syracuse, NY (1234 mi)
*Notre Dame, IN (920 mi)
Pitt, PA (892 mi)
Louisville, KY (663 mi)

...and staying in the ACC adds travel to:

SMU, TX (837 mi)
Stanford, CA (2541 mi)
CAL, CA. (2556 mi)
Jesus I have been asleep at the wheel. the ACC added SMU? Gross.

Reactions: BelemNole
Also from the ~1,400 page thread, the Ohio State insider who has had B1G expansion info before anyone else is a poster named Oracle on OSU boards

Reactions: alaskanseminole

One interesting and aggravating thing according to Allnoles, Tallahassee attorney who Ira has interviewed in the past regarding FSU contracts, is that FSU lawyers never reviewed the contracts with the ACC and ESPN. The leadership took Swofford’s assurances of what they said and signed and approved them.

This is on post #54,685. For anyone with a Miserychant subscription, this is the direct link.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT