ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Seeding

McCulloughd

HR MVP
Jan 10, 2015
BarHarbor, Maine
I'm going to create this thread even though I just found out that my sister-in-law passed away. Cancer got the best of her but she kept fighting.

Gilman #2 seed
Clark #2 seed
Grothus #8 seed
Sorenson #2 seed
Cooper # 6 seed
Rhoads # 10 seed
Meyer # 1 seed
Burak # 3 seed
Brooks #2 seed
Stoll # 2 seed

Got it messed up a bit. Not real sure about Stoll and Brooks in regards to injuries.

Reactions: AFHawk86
Sorry your sister died - too young I'm sure.

Shouldn't there be an entirely separate bracket for Zane Richards. So actually that would make Clark #1 in the JV bracket. Other than that, looks good.

At 174 I'm thinking Bo Nickal is an easy 1 seed, Brunson (Illinois) 2 seed, Meyer the 3

Also Brooks should be a 4 seed behind Abounader, McCutcheon, and Dudley

Stoll a 3 seed behind Snyder and Coon.

I'm just going by Intermat rankings, which I think partners w the Big10.

Last edited:

Shouldn't there be an entirely separate bracket for Zane Richards. So actually that would make Clark #1 in the JV bracket. Other than that, looks good.

I sure hope CC and Zane meet at bigs....It won't be a fun match for Zane, imo.

Reactions: pinters
At 174 I'm thinking Bo Nickal is an easy 1 seed, Brunson (Illinois) 2 seed, Meyer the 3

Also Brooks should be a 4 seed behind Abounader, McCutcheon, and Dudley

Stoll a 3 seed behind Snyder and Coon.

I'm just going by Intermat rankings, which I think partners w the Big10.

I think part of the criteria is dual record in the conference. Meyer is undefeated, Nickal has one loss, Brunson has 2. I think Meyer will be 1 or 2. At 184 Dudley has 2 losses in conference, McCutcheon lost one by default and sat out a couple of other, Brooks had 1 loss to Dudley. I think Brooks is a 2 or 3 here.

Reactions: andegre
Sorry for your loss. She is in no pain now.

She's where we will all meet up after our days are done.

Reactions: pinters
Sorry for your loss.

Pre-seeds should come out tomorrow! They came out Monday March 2nd last year. B1Gs were 7th & 8th last year.

Prayers for you and your family, Mac.
Zane Richards not only has his own league, but his own bracket. I pity the fool that gets penciled in on the Richards varsity Bracket. As much as it might hurt to have Penn. st. win, I will be totally relieved when and if we discover that Richards is mortal.

Reactions: ChloeDancer
I think you guys have it all wrong. There will be 2 brackets. One for people who train as hard as he does and one for everyone else. It isn't necessarily a JV bracket.

First off thoughts and prayers to you and your family!!

GMan: probably gets the 3 seed but it really does not matter for him.
Clark: gets the 2 seed and don't be surprised if it's Cory & Taylor in the finals
Grothus: 7 or 8 tough road for him. Hope he qaulifier.
Sorensen: should get the 1 seed highest returning undefeated BIG 149lber.
Cooper: 6 seed, tough road for him but I fell he qaulifies for us.
Rhoads: 10 seed, and I really don't see him making it. Feel bad for him because he does all the right things.
Meyer gets the 1 seed but deserves 3. Undefeated BIG schedule earns him the #1.
Brooks: Probably gets the 4 and if he is healthy I actually like his draw here.
Burak: gets the 3
Stoll gets the 3 and if healthy I am looking forward to seeing wrestle Snyder.

Reactions: NLhawk62
If Cory is the 2 seed and Taylor is the 7 they would meet in the quarters.

Someone had pre seeds out earlier and that's what they had each of them seeded.

Zaine is in division .5 what you talking about?

Here’s how I see the seeds falling if seeding is primarily based upon Big10 record against opponents in the Big10 tourney:

Gilman: 2 – Gotta beat Mega and Tomasello.
Clark: 3 – Maybe 2, but he could get screwed and put 4th. Depends what criteria is used between Clark and Conaway, and what they do about Alexander undefeated in Big10, but hasn’t wrestled Richards, Clark, or Conaway.
Grothus: 6, unless he is penalized for so few matches
Sorensen: 2 - possibly 1, but 2 may be preferred as Tsirtis should be 4 or 5.
Cooper: 4 – He’s capable of finishing as high as 3rd, behind Imar and Nolf.
Rhoads: 9 – He needs a couple upset wins to qualify.
Meyer: 1 – Undefeated in Big10, and beat Jackson who beat Nickal. Plus, if they put Alexander ahead of Clark, then Meyer should get #1 seed for sure. Even as #1, could get unlucky if they put Mahomes ahead of Brunson which would put Brunson on Meyer’s side.
Brooks: 2 – Only one Big10 loss, and Dudley has 2 Big10 losses. Good draw if injured McCutcheon is #3. Gravina and Dudley could be 4/5 on Abounader’s side.
Burak: 3 – Gotta beat Pfarr and McIntosh.
Stoll: 3 – Could be 2, but either way he has to go thru Snyder to get to Coon.

At 149, I think BS will get the 1 and ZR the 2 seed. BS placed higher last year (4th vs 5th) in a higher weight class (149 vs 141) and has done nothing to lose the #1 seed. Undefeated including going 2-0 vs the defending NCAA champion

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT