ADVERTISEMENT

Bits n Pieces

Oct 1, 2022
Danville, Iowa
Well, the message has been sent....about BF. We all knew this was coming.....my only thought was could it have waited until the season was over? Maybe...maybe not. I am opening myself up to some criticism for saying this....I too, wanted him gone. Mistakes were made years ago, hiring him for a job that he was not qualified for. I don't know BF, but I bet he is a really nice guy. If someone offered you a job for $900K, a person would be crazy to turn it down. But it just didn't work out. BF will get another job somewhere, and I wish him well. I'm sure he has black & gold running thru his veins like us.

Now, Barta is a piece of crap. He threw Beth Goetz under the bus, making her the bad guy. He 'bypassed' the nepotism rule and because of him we are stuck with KF for another, what 5-6 years? Only because we can't afford his buyout. He himself should have been canned years ago for the discrimination lawsuits against Iowa. I'm with everybody in this forum, let's move forward now.....better days are ahead....go Hawks.

Well, the message has been sent....about BF. We all knew this was coming.....my only thought was could it have waited until the season was over? Maybe...maybe not. I am opening myself up to some criticism for saying this....I too, wanted him gone. Mistakes were made years ago, hiring him for a job that he was not qualified for. I don't know BF, but I bet he is a really nice guy. If someone offered you a job for $900K, a person would be crazy to turn it down. But it just didn't work out. BF will get another job somewhere, and I wish him well. I'm sure he has black & gold running thru his veins like us.

Now, Barta is a piece of crap. He threw Beth Goetz under the bus, making her the bad guy. He 'bypassed' the nepotism rule and because of him we are stuck with KF for another, what 5-6 years? Only because we can't afford his buyout. He himself should have been canned years ago for the discrimination lawsuits against Iowa. I'm with everybody in this forum, let's move forward now.....better days are ahead....go Hawks.
Barta got kick backs from the Ferentz’s agent. Every AD is in the powerful agents pockets.

Reactions: rattlesnake jack

I'm guessing the reason they didn't wait was so Barb and Beth could take a few phone calls that didn't have to do with BF. Donors are pissed and are making their feelings known.

Barta allowed himself to be convinced that better times were just over the horizon. KF believed it and convinced Barta.

Beth is not the "bad guy". She made the call that Barta should have. Plus, see above re: phone calls.

This is KF's last year, which is why the administration allowed BF to stay on - no reason to hire a new OC when it would only be a one-year gig.

Reactions: rattlesnake jack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT