ADVERTISEMENT

Bluder Botched the Transfer Portal

Looking forward to further discussion when we flame out before the Final 4 due to lack of quality post play.

Don’t worry though, I’ll be glad to take some time to teach you a little more about ball then. I haven’t coached at the 10 yr old Y ball level in a while, but I’m sure those key lessons will come back to me!

I’m thinking you believe I’m bothered by you😉 you are completely clueless. The chances of us winning the national championship are small just like they are for every team… Only one team wins, we will have chance.. this team is better than last year’s team and every metric logged shows that….

I honestly don’t care what you say….you are in the extreme minority and we couldn’t get an elite post. I loved Monica but all 3 of the centers we beat were better than her. You just aren’t very smart at basketball 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: shudaddy
The Betts girl that everyone wanted was not impressive at all.

That’s because they don’t have an elite center, that’s the key, right @shudaddy …oh wait.

Incidentally, pretty much every team that has an elite center has already lost a game this year lol.. some of these people honestly couldn’t decipher their way out of a wet paper bag😂

Iowa needs to bring in a tranny like that one.

ed78b6b0-0611-47be-8eaa-768da0532e51-XXX_7804.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: HIWILLE
UCLA just got back to #2 after the Iowa loss, and now they will be dropped in the rankings again just like Iowa. The #2 position sure is a hot seat.

The amount of snowflakes posting about trannies is a great example of why people don’t want to come to Iowa. That kind of discourse just doesn’t fly outside of Iowa. It’s like 1980 anywhere else .Start talking like that in New England, Colorado. NYC, any city in Texas…you’re gonna get ran out of town /iced out. The world has moved on, people don’t accept talk like that.

Only on an Iowa board…

The amount of snowflakes posting about trannies is a great example of why people don’t want to come to Iowa. That kind of discourse just doesn’t fly outside of Iowa. It’s like 1980 anywhere else .Start talking like that in New England, Colorado. NYC, any city in Texas…you’re gonna get ran out of town /iced out. The world has moved on, people don’t accept talk like that.

Only on an Iowa board…
Texas? Really? You've obviously never been to West Texas.

BTW are you against men playing in womens sports? It's not 1980 anymore.

No in class attendance? I guess there goes the student in student-athlete (for some schools anyway).
Honestly the in-class attendance thing would be on the end of the list of things wrong with that. I’d imagine a lot of people that want to be virtual, can be after a certain time period at a big state state with a general type academic major.

Reactions: littlez
Honestly the in-class attendance thing would be on the end of the list of things wrong with that. I’d imagine a lot of people that want to be virtual, can be after a certain time period at a big state state with a general type academic major.
I understand what you’re saying. The point I was making is how do you really know they’re taking their own exams? I’m sure many schools that go virtual have safeguards in place to prevent cheating while others (hopefully the minority) will be laisseze-faire about the whole thing in order to keep athletes happy and eligible. With that said, the ones that are willing to let things like this slide have likely been doing it for some time in other ways before classes started to go online.

For you people that are somewhat connected/more knowledgeable about this I have a question. After this season, we will need a portable transfer at guard or another Big in my eyes, do you think this will happen?

Christ AGAIN, WHO were they supposed to get? The only quality big in the portal was Betts, and she had ZERO interest in Iowa. Supposedly she wouldn't even talk with the swarm guys. Why must we persist in this BS?

Coach Bluder said there weren't many available that were better than what we had; here's the ESPN rankings on the 3 bigs already with the program. Goodman was the 12th best post in 2020; O'Grady 8th best in 2021, #92 overall nationally; Ediger 3rd best post in 2021, rated #39 best player overall. Looks like she was right, plus Iowa is very careful about locker room chemistry.

For you people that are somewhat connected/more knowledgeable about this I have a question. After this season, we will need a portable transfer at guard or another Big in my eyes, do you think this will happen?

I think they’ll do what they can, keep in mind Molly was a transfer. I also think many of us thought who wouldn’t want to play with CC, but I really think there are other factions out there of people who are jealous of her and us.

We also have a lot of fans that seem to struggle with the team chemistry equation. You can’t just add anyone into your cultured dynamic…

The older I get, I truly watch sports just for the entertainment distraction. Yea I get frustrated at times. But I’m serious when I say, if my frustrations led to me calling out players and coaches in a nasty, mean spirited way. I would hope someone would call me out and take me to task.

Anonymous shitty people on message boards ruin shit for everyone. I’m all for making them look & feel stupid and it is not even close to the same thing even though they wish it was right @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset ? 😂😂

So you won't answer the simple question I posed to you?

Q - Do you believe it's ok for men to pose as women and play womens sports.
I think it’s a bit odd to be honest. But it honestly doesn’t affect me. What % of transgenders do you think play sports? 1/2 of 1%? It’s such a small number. I don’t really have any skin in the game. Not sure why you do. Do you have a daughter that’s lost a spot to a transgender? Are we currently recruiting any transgenders to play for Lisa Bluder? I don’t care.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I think it’s a bit odd to be honest. But it honestly doesn’t affect me. What % of transgenders do you think play sports? 1/2 of 1%? It’s such a small number. I don’t really have any skin in the game. Not sure why you do. Do you have a daughter that’s lost a spot to a transgender? Are we currently recruiting any transgenders to play for Lisa Bluder? I don’t care.
If you have zero skin in the game why did you spaz out when I suggested Lisa Bluder go out and recruit a 6' 8" 280lb tranny to play the center position at Iowa?

If you have zero skin in the game why did you spaz out when I suggested Lisa Bluder go out and recruit a 6' 8" 280lb tranny to play the center position at Iowa?
Is there one available that can help us? Because otherwise I don’t give a shit. You’re just trying to get a reaction. Take that shit to the off topic board.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Is there one available that can help us? Because otherwise I don’t give a shit. You’re just trying to get a reaction. Take that shit to the off topic board.
They have to look for one before we can decide if one is available, somebody is going to bring one in at some point, why not Iowa?

Coach Bluder said there weren't many available that were better than what we had; here's the ESPN rankings on the 3 bigs already with the program. Goodman was the 12th best post in 2020; O'Grady 8th best in 2021, #92 overall nationally; Ediger 3rd best post in 2021, rated #39 best player overall. Looks like she was right, plus Iowa is very careful about locker room chemistry.
I gave you a like for the research while stipulating those rating mean little 3 and 4 years in. At this point you'd have to say they have all not performed up to their rankings. Obviously both Goodman and AJ had a good year and a half tied up with pretty bad leg injuries, so that has to be taken into account. I still contend that AOG has the highest upside if coach J can get it out of her......

I don’t believe that for a minute.
Ir was reported numerous times including in an interview with the swarm guy. She wouldn't even return his calls. Believe what you want. It appears that was part of the fallout from the CC vs Reese clash. And all the airhead supposed Iowa fans who made racist comments on social media aimed at Reese afterwards...

I gave you a like for the research while stipulating those rating mean little 3 and 4 years in. At this point you'd have to say they have all not performed up to their rankings. Obviously both Goodman and AJ had a good year and a half tied up with pretty bad leg injuries, so that has to be taken into account. I still contend that AOG has the highest upside if coach J can get it out of her......
You are 100% correct, and I should have entered a disclaimer to that effect. In a way, the portal can give you access to players that have proven themselves to an extent at the next level.

Since the Ohio State loss there's been an explosion of posters we've never heard from before, so I felt compelled to attempt to show the women we have weren't chopped liver. I also doubt many of them know that Lauren Betts and Addy O'Grady were high school teammates, which really raised expectations we could land Betts.

This loss, in my humble opinion, is almost meaningless aside from the disappointment in losing a 12 point 4th quarter lead.

Ir was reported numerous times including in an interview with the swarm guy. She wouldn't even return his calls. Believe what you want. It appears that was part of the fallout from the CC vs Reese clash. And all the airhead supposed Iowa fans who made racist comments on social media aimed at Reese afterwards...

Yeah they won’t believe things that doesn’t fit their narrative

With Heiden coming in, I don't see adding a big unless someone leaves. With the injury to Guyton, possibly a PG.
I would think a PG for sure, especially if CC leaves (which I think she will). We lose Martin, Davis, Gabbie as well, maybe some others in the portal?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe one of her parents is black and the other is white.

I think this is correct,.. I find it somewhat intriguing how biracial individuals frequently score off the charts on attractiveness,.. Gabby is a beautiful young woman.

Q - Do you believe it's ok for men to pose as women and play womens sports.
Dude stop embarrassing yourself/us. The players on our team don’t even care. Theyre a very progressive/pro-LGTB bunch, which is representative of young female athletes at large as well as Gen Z. At least 5 players and two coaches are out and proud. They post pro-lgbt stuff on social all the time. If you don’t wanna support be an ally, don’t cheer for this team.

There are certainly trans men / women / everything in between on collegiate teams and believe it or not there are at ton at Iowa in general which is known as a haven for LGBT people in the state. No one outside little snowflakes stuck in their safe little rural bubble cares about whether they play sports. If you do, you have issues you should attend to. Get over yourself, maybe get some therapy.

Reactions: littlez
Dude stop embarrassing yourself/us. The players on our team don’t even care. Theyre a very progressive/pro-LGTB bunch, which is representative of young female athletes at large as well as Gen Z. At least 5 players and two coaches are out and proud. They post pro-lgbt stuff on social all the time. If you don’t wanna support be an ally, don’t cheer for this team.

There are certainly trans men / women / everything in between on collegiate teams and believe it or not there are at ton at Iowa in general which is known as a haven for LGBT people in the state. No one outside little snowflakes stuck in their safe little rural bubble cares about whether they play sports. If you do, you have issues you should attend to. Get over yourself, maybe get some therapy.
You missed the whole point. I support Iowa getting themselves a tranny man to play center.

In Bluder I trust. The originator of this thread? Not at all
We are much better in an up and down, spread the court, and let Caitlin create type of game at the end. If we get into a close back and forth game, where specific sets and plays out of timeouts determine a game, we might be in trouble. The Creighton 2022 NCAA tourney game where we got outcoached the fourth quarter comes to mind.

The Kansas State gal alone would have been enough to make this team a legitimate final 4 team again
Well the Kansas St gal isn’t/wasn’t in the portal so why even bring that up? And why would she leave a top 10 school if she was happy? Which she seems to be.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Well the Kansas St gal isn’t/wasn’t in the portal so why even bring that up? And why would she leave a top 10 school if she was happy? Which she seems to be.
Exactly. People keep throwing out names of people who either weren't EVER going to come to Iowa, or weren't even in the portal and had NO reason to be. Now going after her, THAT would be tampering.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT