ADVERTISEMENT

Bluder Botched this game!

Caitlin missing shots on purpose? Apparently at Bluder's order? Y'all are nuts. When did it become so easy to believe conspiracy theories rather than the obvious? Neb played a lights out 4Q. Iowa played not to lose - as a team will sometimes do with a big 4Q lead, and Iowa had a starting guard out.

Caitlin missing shots on purpose? Apparently at Bluder's order? Y'all are nuts. When did it become so easy to believe conspiracy theories rather than the obvious? Neb played a lights out 4Q. Iowa played not to lose - as a team will sometimes do with a big 4Q lead, and Iowa had a starting guard out.
I'd never say she missed shots on purpose, but the offensive flow and coaching sucked in the 4Q.

That's because you're emotional right now. As are many others.
I’m not Northern. I’ve watched every second of every game on tv…we NEVER run an offense like we did in the 4th quarter where CC doesn’t have the ball in her hands the majority of the time. You are focused on the 0-6 fg attempts in the 4th qtr but I believe 4 were after we tried to flip the switch back on. I’m not going to kill Lisa, the staff, or the players for this, but it looked pretty obvious to me that is was a collective effort to get the record at home. I could be wrong, but since CC has arrived on campus, we have not run an offense like we did in the 4th quarter. JMO.

The focus should have been on winning the game, not the record. The fourth quarter was a disaster. CC wasn't hitting shots something else needed to be done.

It happens to be sure. Not the end of the world but the horrific lack of flow, not going after the Neb girl who had 4 fouls, bad defense, etc was just brutal.
Sometimes ALL the lights go out at the same time and hopefully that 10 minutes was the last time we see it happen.

Reactions: amahawk
When CC had the 4 free throws, on the foul and Nebby Coache's T, watch her 4 FT shots. She strokes the 1st two foul shots, all net. When she shot the 2 for the T, it was a totally different shot, and neither came close to going in. I think she missed them on purpose. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but that's what I think.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
Full text of the tweet:

Iowa's Caitlin Clark, measured as always, but says team needs to look in the mirror, 1 through 14, and get better:

“Should have been ready for it. Should have executed our offense better. That’s what a box-and-one is, they’re going to take me away, they’re going to make me take hard shots. It’s just finding ways for other people to get open. We have plays, we have offenses we should have been running. We just didn’t execute. We just didn’t get to our spots. We didn’t cut into the paint. But we’ll be ready for it (next time), it’s a good learning opportunity.”

When CC had the 4 free throws, on the foul and Nebby Coache's T, watch her 4 FT shots. She strokes the 1st two foul shots, all net. When she shot the 2 for the T, it was a totally different shot, and neither came close to going in. I think she missed them on purpose. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but that's what I think.
I was thinking the same thing at the time

You can look back on this game and count all the missed point-blank bunnies and layups that were missed. I counted at least six and this turned out to be a big factor in losing this game.

Reactions: amahawk
I think you guys who think Bluder was trying to get Clark the record at home have lost your damn minds. Now why we slowed the game down in the 4th and didn’t have Clark as the primary ball handler I don’t know. Even the announcers were confused. Maybe 1-2 possessions like we do at times but not the majority of the quarter. Just botched it.
Dude, bluder said that they were going to try to get the record at home.

Bluder did say if they needed pts to win the game cc would break the record there if need be. After letting off she seemed to not be able to get it going again, iowa loses end of story.

You don't have to believe me but she let up in the Penn state game also as to not get too many as to where she would easily break it at nebby. I know you won't believe that but it's what happened

The free throws were strange. I think she missed three total in the game which is odd.

Reactions: 4409
Dude, bluder said that they were going to try to get the record at home.

Bluder did say if they needed pts to win the game cc would break the record there if need be. After letting off she seemed to not be able to get it going again, iowa loses end of story.

You don't have to believe me but she let up in the Penn state game also as to not get too many as to where she would easily break it at nebby. I know you won't believe that but it's what happened

If you can produce the quote that Lisa said they were going to try to get the record at home I want to see it.

In Lisa's last presser she said she would like to have her set the record at home, but we want to win the game. That's quite a difference.

Well, I would not give up on her. Needs to get on track.

Her 3pt shooting percentage.
37% -1st year
47% - 2nd year
39% - 3rd year
38% - 4th year
33% - this year
I won't give up on her either but it's obvious a change is needed. That change should be giving McCabe a shot at starting. Yes we lose a little defensively but I've always believed she can outshoot Marshall if given a decent chance. I was hoping to see Taylor in the game today since she is from Nebraska. I really hope Gabby comes out of her slump soon. To me she is the weakest link in this Hawkeye chain.

I won't give up on her either but it's obvious a change is needed. That change should be giving McCabe a shot at starting. Yes we lose a little defensively but I've always believed she can outshoot Marshall if given a decent chance. I was hoping to see Taylor in the game today since she is from Nebraska. I really hope Gabby comes out of her slump soon. To me she is the weakest link in this Hawkeye chain.
If Molly gets her normal minutes we win. Why, because many of the starters aren’t as winded at the end.

Reactions: LinusPF

I at least think Taylor should get 2 or 3 minutes each quarter. I agree, maybe give a little to maybe get a little more.

If Molly gets her normal minutes we win. Why, because many of the starters aren’t as winded at the end.
I don't know that they were winded. Other than Sydney, everyone on the floor is used to getting 35+minutes. We win with Molly in the lineup because she doesn't turn the ball over and she can score. With Caitlin taken away a bit by the defense, Molly would have had the ball in her hand for much of the 4Q.

Reactions: littlez
Caitlin was sick; could have affected her endurance. Tired legs reduce shooting accuracy. Could have been a factor in the 4th quarter. As always, there are many factors involved in a loss. Not worried, this was a game I thought we could lose at the beginning of the year.

Reactions: herkhatescy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT