ADVERTISEMENT

BMX'er Dave Mirra dead

Pour one out for my homie. His PlayStation one game started my pathway to independence. Seriously, great role model growing up. Sad to see him go. It'll be interesting to see what caused the suicidal thoughts.

Imagine how powerful the pain or mental anguish is to put a person in that dark place.
Odd. Hours prior he posted a photo of he and his wife with some good words.
Wonder if this CTE thing got to him?
News like this frustrates the hell out of me with two little ones at home. Sad.

News like this frustrates the hell out of me with two little ones at home. Sad.

No doubt. I have been through a couple down points in the past and the thing that kept me from doing anything really stupid is the thought that it would not be fair to my boy because I didn't know how to handle my shit appropriately.

Edit: If it is indeed CTE related, then that is an entirely different animal.

Last edited:
Obviously he hit his head more than once, but is this CTE thing a legitimate angle hers? If so JFC we are going to a see a lot more of these guys go down in the next decade. Sad stuff.

As one of the resident bmx'ers here I need to comment however I did not know much about him. He was a decade {almost} younger than me. I raced, he was into some sort of freestyle although I don't know which one he did. Back in the 80's we did ramps and racing and street tricks, on our race bikes. Sometime in the 80's-90's dirt and vert and ramps all got separated from racing. But it could be something to do with CTE. Also, a lot of these guys , don't know if he did, but a lot of these guys party a lot. I mean party a lot. Watch bam margera and stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT